PDA

View Full Version : XB-Challenge: Offline C-mode

Jaspaller
Jun 5, 2006, 07:20 PM
If I do run with only 2 people woudl it be possible to get S-rank? Or would I need to have at least three people? I wanna try to get a Crazy Tune, even though it's crap it still looks and sounds cool!

SLON
Jun 6, 2006, 06:46 AM
You can do it with 2, but you need to be a good player!!

xxTrystanxx
Jun 7, 2006, 02:34 PM
Offhand do you know of any threads/guides with some advice for running 2-person offline Cmode? I've been dying to get some of the offline prizes myself.

Delfi
Jun 7, 2006, 02:40 PM
Trystan i think the cmode offline maps are exactly the same as online and also that the monsters are have the same strength as online cmode strengths.

xxTrystanxx
Jun 7, 2006, 02:49 PM
I figured as much, it's just that I've never completed C-mode with 2 people even online, so I didn't know if anyone had compiled some tips... you know, maybe some little time-saving strategies http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Delfi
Jun 7, 2006, 03:47 PM
oh well sorry i misunderstood - i have never done it with just 2 ppl - but i know of ppl who have - but i think they are few and far between - its gotta be tough with 2 though.

SLON
Jun 8, 2006, 06:41 AM
The only way you will get S Rank with 2 players is by knowing the maps very well. Episode 1 is a lot easier to get in S Rank time than Episode 2.
As for guides, just read the normal cmode guides, as the maps are the same in both cases.
Character selection is a matter of opinion, but at least one droid is recommended.

Fuhrer
Aug 8, 2006, 11:24 AM
I have completed ep 1 offline with 2 players many times and all I can say is play just like you would online with 4.

It helps alot if you know the maps well but if you want a good time you will pretty much take the direct route and skip item boxes.

Offline it costs alot more time getting items because you can't warp to the next level until both players are ready.

We usually use the team of a hucaseal and hucast for the fastest times but a humar can be ok.

theonlyHNIC
Aug 8, 2006, 04:00 PM
On 2006-08-08 09:24, Fuhrer wrote:
I have completed ep 1 offline with 2 players many times and all I can say is play just like you would online with 4.

It helps alot if you know the maps well but if you want a good time you will pretty much take the direct route and skip item boxes.

Offline it costs alot more time getting items because you can't warp to the next level until both players are ready.

We usually use the team of a hucaseal and hucast for the fastest times but a humar can be ok.

Well, well, well....Look what the cat drug in. The original c moder himself has returned.

I've completed offline ep 1 too....BY MYSELF RAR! I used a hucast and a fonewm. I would go in and fight with my hucast and leave the fonewn in the hallway to regain tp, cast shifta, resta, etc. The only really difficult part was fighting the bosses because I needed to drop 1 controller and immediately grab the other controller, contstantly switching back and forth to make certain my characters weren't gonna die. Let's just say I had way too much free time on my hands during those days lolrar.

Fuhrer
Aug 9, 2006, 09:58 AM
On 2006-08-08 14:00, theonlyHNIC wrote:

Well, well, well....Look what the cat drug in. The original c moder himself has returned.

Oh you have turned into one of my better pupils...HAHAA . Do I hear your usual "you taught me jack" reply?

I see you are still cmoding away on a PC based platform...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif and have become quite the cmode guru.

Does Mr " I can't get the switch because I am a ramar and ramars run to slow" still play?

I've completed offline ep 1 too....BY MYSELF RAR! I used a hucast and a fonewm.

LOL Yeah I have to much time also. I got all characters through so me and Bock had a good choice of characters for C9.

After our several 1000 runs on C9 we have it mastered and have managed to get 45 although we aren't to worried about times and unless something goes real wrong usually get 48-55.

I popped in here because I was thinking about getting BB but it doesn't seem alot of people play it and I am still unsure if I have the hours free it would take, but I miss playing PSO online.

Sitka
Aug 9, 2006, 01:52 PM
Well, if you love cmode, there's still a tiny, albeit waning, interest on BB.

I'm not that good or crazy about ep 1, having focused more on ep 2 runs, but I'm willing to do both.

There's still Bless and I and we've gotten to the point of being decent for cmode. HNIC and CHarlie are leaving, but there's still a few decent players left.

If we could have a steady group of four running most nights and weekends willing to slog through the numerous restarts neccessary to get good maps/drops/runs, I'm willing.

I would like to get under 3:30 for ep 1 and 2:20 for ep 2 - both are realistic if some regular runs are available.

I started a new team on BB called TimeAttack - you are welcome to join.

theonlyHNIC
Aug 9, 2006, 02:01 PM
On 2006-08-09 07:58, Fuhrer wrote:

Oh you have turned into one of my better pupils...HAHAA . Do I hear your usual "you taught me jack" reply?

I see you are still cmoding away on a PC based platform...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif and have become quite the cmode guru.

Does Mr " I can't get the switch because I am a ramar and ramars run to slow" still play?

I've completed offline ep 1 too....BY MYSELF RAR! I used a hucast and a fonewm.

LOL Yeah I have to much time also. I got all characters through so me and Bock had a good choice of characters for C9.

After our several 1000 runs on C9 we have it mastered and have managed to get 45 although we aren't to worried about times and unless something goes real wrong usually get 48-55.

I popped in here because I was thinking about getting BB but it doesn't seem alot of people play it and I am still unsure if I have the hours free it would take, but I miss playing PSO online.

Mr. Ramar stopped playing bb roughly a year ago.

Your timing to "think about getting bb" could not have been any worse. The small but very, very good c mode community on bb has made a mass exodus to retirement within the past month. We smashed out some incredible times from what little resources we had but it seems everyone has burnt out and moved on.

If you had thought about this 6 months ago you would have enjoyed some great runs with some truly class people from all over the world.

I had the most fun playing ep2c3 and c4 with my friends Charlie, Chiyo, Linguo, Sitka, and C-CL.

Tell Brock I say hi.

SLON
Aug 9, 2006, 03:11 PM
While we are bragging, Ive completed both Episode 1 AND 2 offline by myself. I thought the Episode 2 bosses would be too tough for single player mode, but I still think Vol Opt is the toughest boss for single play.
Time for both was maybe 12 hours Ep1 and 11 hours Ep2 (I could check but that would mean getting the cube out - oh). My team was Fonewearl and Hucaseal. I was planning to TA the times down a bit, but my Ep1 memory card got corrupted, and since then I haven't bothered.
Maybe one day I will try again.

Fuhrer
Aug 9, 2006, 11:30 PM
On 2006-08-09 11:52, Sitka wrote:
Well, if you love cmode, there's still a tiny, albeit waning, interest on BB.

I'm not that good or crazy about ep 1, having focused more on ep 2 runs, but I'm willing to do both.

There's still Bless and I and we've gotten to the point of being decent for cmode. HNIC and CHarlie are leaving, but there's still a few decent players left.

If we could have a steady group of four running most nights and weekends willing to slog through the numerous restarts neccessary to get good maps/drops/runs, I'm willing.

I would like to get under 3:30 for ep 1 and 2:20 for ep 2 - both are realistic if some regular runs are available.

I started a new team on BB called TimeAttack - you are welcome to join.

Thanks but if the numbers are dwindling I don't think I will bother. When the numbers start dropping off the game can get pretty boring with all the lobby standing just trying to get a team.

I have never played ep2 so just learning the maps and the getting used to the BB interface would take me awhile till I was capable of decent times.

Personally for me I didn't get the most enjoyment from playing constant TA. I enjoyed playing with players of any standard who were trying to give cmode a go preferablly with an amusing outcome.

Mr. Ramar stopped playing bb roughly a year ago.

Your timing to "think about getting bb" could not have been any worse. The small but very, very good c mode community on bb has made a mass exodus to retirement within the past month. We smashed out some incredible times from what little resources we had but it seems everyone has burnt out and moved on.

If you had thought about this 6 months ago you would have enjoyed some great runs with some truly class people from all over the world.

I had the most fun playing ep2c3 and c4 with my friends Charlie, Chiyo, Linguo, Sitka, and C-CL.

Tell Brock I say hi.

Well maybe we would have played 6 months ago if somebody bothered to email or at least didn't change there email without telling us.

A shame it seems I have missed the boat on this one. It sounds like you got in some extreme A2M action.

I'll tell Bock I was talking to you and you said hi.

theonlyHNIC
Aug 10, 2006, 10:47 AM
Fuhrer: Check your private messages.

Sitka
Aug 10, 2006, 12:07 PM
The way I see it, there's still a couple of months before PSU releases and short of mindless leveling and chasing the next best thing, the only thing left on PSO is that last chance to end your cmode days with a good time/times.

My understanding is that PSU will not have cmode. If that's true, the only and last chance anyone will ever have to get that 10 min 2c3 or that sub-40 2c4 is here and now on BB. In six weeks or so, that chance is over.

Bless and I picked up two decent players last night and had a couple of enjoyable runs. I'm hoping to find Charlie and Chiyo for a run or two the next couple of nights and or this weekend.

ally ally oxen free