PDA

View Full Version : FanFic: Community Story!

Absol197
Jun 6, 2006, 10:46 AM
While I was working on Ch. 1 of Reaper, I came across this prologue that I apparently typed a while ago. Since I've completely forgotten where this was going, I came up with the idea of making it a community story!
Here's how it will work: people will call chapters to write on a first come first serve basis (the first person to post that they'll write chapter 1 will write it, same with chapter 2, etc.). Once they finish and post it here, the person who called chapter 2 will read the new Ch. 1 and continue the story as they think it was going. Hopefully this will work, I've had some good and bad experiences with these types of stories.

Night began to fall over the Ragolian forest. The chirping of rappies could be heard as the flock settled down to sleep, and somewhere in the distance a savage wolf howled. The hunter praised the darkness; it was no barrier to him, yet his…prey…would be much more vulnerable. He activated the nightvision function of his eyes, and the world was lit in an eerie green. He continued his march, slowly, tirelessly.
As he marched, he thought about the job he had been offered. He had taken this type of quest before, but his current employer had offered much more than the standard price for this type of work. What was so important about this man?
A message flashed across his vision: TARGET APPROACHING. The hunter stopped and looked around while his systems determined the target’s exact position relative to him.
TARGET 120 METERS; INCLINE 75° RISE FROM HORIZONTAL. Rise from horizontal? The target was above him. There was a cliff to his left. His looked up, and sure enough a form sat huddled close to a fire near the edge. The hunter laughed to himself. The living and their need for warmth amused him.
He opened his chest compartment to select his weapon. The Varista was his favorite, no doubt, but at this range it could be risky. Perhaps the Wals? No, too noisy. It could alert the target and cause unwanted attention from any other hunters who happened to be in the area. The Visk, then? No, not enough kick, the target might not be killed instantly. It appeared that the Wals was indeed his best choice.
He removed the rifle from storage and inserted a fresh energy pack. He took a long time lining up the shot with the head of the figure. For such a large amount of meseta this was going to be a walk in the forest. He pulled the trigger. With a loud WHORP sound, a golden photon bullet streaked from the gun’s barrel. The figure on top of the cliff collapsed. A perfect hit. He took out a fresh telepipe, switched it on, then chucked the receiver up the rock wall to where the target was, had, been sitting.
He waited while the pipe set up its warp, and then stepped through. The body was wrapped in a thin blanket and had a smoking hole through its head. The hunter drew back the blanket to survey the body. The disabled form of a battered gillchic met his eyes.
“Oops. Isn’t that too bad.” The hunter attempted to turn, but a blade struck him in the back. Immediately his vision went black and his motor systems shut down. “Sorry about that,” His attacker said, “but our employer didn’t think it necessary for you to see me.”
“OuR eMpLOyeR?” the hunter gasped. His voice system was failing.
“Yes, our employer. He’s going to make you an offer you can’t refuse.” The hunter heard the sound of a photon sword being swung, and then his systems shut down completely.

If you choose to participate, I have three requests for you:
1) Please try to keep the story consistant in both mood and plot.
2) Please, unless very few people are interested, wait two chapters before calling another one.
3) PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE use the best grammar and spelling you are capable of (for my sanity)!!!

Thanks, and have fun!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Absol197 on 2006-06-06 11:07 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Absol197 on 2006-06-08 15:40 ]</font>

InfinityXXX
Jun 6, 2006, 12:18 PM
I'll do the next Chapter. I think I only did one written fan fic in my life so keep this in mind but I will follow the 3 requests.

InfinityXXX
Jun 6, 2006, 01:20 PM
"Boris!"
"Booooooris!"

Nothing but echos of her own voice answered the young scientist. "Maybe hes on a quest Miss Leah. You know how hes always accepting quests from the Hunters Guild" said Doctor Leah's assistant, Lala the RAcaseal. But Leah just sighed softly and Lala gave a saddened yet frustrated exhale.

Lala knew how worried and streesed Leah gets over the simplest things. Leah was one of the youngest (21) and smartest doctors on Pioneer 2. She had built her own two androids, Boris and Lala. She was known not only known for her intelligence but for her beauty as well. She wore her signature pink lab coat and matching pink hair that brought out her amber eyes. But even though she was young and gorgeous, she was often teased by her colleagues of how serious and determined she was. She was the type that was always trying to get to the bottom of things thus Lala knew that she and her master could spend a long time in the forest, looking for Boris.

"Maybe..." said Leah. "Maybe we should go head back home. It is getting a bit too late."Lala stared at her master and then replied,"are you sure Miss Leah?" Leah stood there, staring at the ground, she would hate to turn back but she was getting tired and sleepy. She opened her mouth to form her words and out of nowhere a long growl was heard. Leah and Lala turned around and behind them were two Savage Wolves. The Wolves, with their furious red eyes, stood next to each other and continued growling as their claws extended from their paws.

"Lala, slowly reach into my backpack and get the telepipe" commanded Leah but as soon as Lala raised her hand one of the wolves leaped towards Leah."Stand back Miss.Leah!" Lala jumped in front of Leah and pulled out her handgun (Boris had her Varista) and shot the attacking wolf in its chest. The wounded wolf flew back and landed on the ground leaving a trail of blood in the air. "Are you Ok Miss.Leah?" asked Lala. "Ummm, I,I think so" stuttered the shaken up Leah.

The other wolf slammed its paw in the ground, gave out a loud howl and dashed towards Lala. Lala charged her handgun and shot at the wolf but the wolf made a quick side jump and dodged the bullet. Shocked, Lala tried to charge her handgun again but the charge was interupted when the wolf slashed Lala's hand and knocked the handgun to the ground. "Dammit!" yelled Lala as she stumbled to the ground. The wolf stood on its hind legs and raised its claws, preparing to pounce on Lala, it gave out a loud howl and fell to the ground. Leah had grabbed the handgun and shot the wolf.

They both watched the wolf lie in its pool of blood, gasping for its lasts breaths. "I'm sorry master" said Lala as she looked down at her hand. "Sorry for what?" wondered Leah. "I'm sorry for not being strong. For not being strong like Boris." Leah grabbed Lala's hand and smiled, "Thats ok, you did your best."

As they went to examine the first wolf that was killed, the sparkle of an object partly covered in dirt caught their eye. Leah bent down, grabbed the object, dusted it and gasped. "Miss. Leah, whats wrong?". Leah looked at Lala and then said in a terrified voice, "This.....This is Boris' Section I.D!"

end

Absol197
Jun 6, 2006, 02:09 PM
Thanks, InfinityXXX. So Boris is the android in the prologue, huh? Did Leah know that he was working as an assassin? Somebody, Chapter 2?

Absol197
Jun 7, 2006, 10:51 PM
*apologies for the double post*
It appears no one's interested. InfinityXXX, you still there? Do you want to trade off chapters?

InfinityXXX
Jun 7, 2006, 11:09 PM
Yeah, you can do the next one and I'll do the other one.lol But tonight I'm about to go out so I'll probably be on again tommorow afternoon.

Absol197
Jun 8, 2006, 10:41 AM
Sounds good. It'll take me awhile to type the next one, but I've got a really good idea about what's going to happen!

Absol197
Jun 8, 2006, 11:54 AM
Wow! I typed that fast! Okay here it is:

REPAIRS FINISHED. WAITING FOR REBOOT…REBOOT COMPLETE. EXIT SLEEP MODE…Boris jerked awake. As his visual systems came online, he saw that he was inside an automated regen. capsule. Someone had fixed him. Who? It surely wasn’t Leah, his creator, because she always fixed him by hand. But who would pick up a defunct android and repair what must have been extensive damage? Most hunters would have just taken his inert body and sold it on the black market for thousands of meseta. Had his attacker purposefully left him “alive”?
His train of thought was interrupted when the front of the capsule began to open. The wires that had been plugged into his body disconnected and withdrew into the walls of the capsule, allowing him to move freely. Outside, a shapely newman woman stood waiting for him. She appeared unarmed.
“Feeling better, sir?” She asked. “The meeting is about to begin. Please follow me.”
“What meeting?” Boris asked, but she did not respond. Boris was extremely uneasy about this, but he saw no way out currently but to follow the lady. If he killed her, he would most likely have to fight his way out of wherever he was, and that was extremely risky. If the people here had repaired him, they most likely weren’t going to kill him.
The woman led him down several corridors, many with windows looking down on Ragol. He was back on Pioneer 2. The woman stopped at a warp-grid and turned it on, stood back and said, “They’re waiting for you, sir.”
Boris watched as the small rings of green light drifted slowly into the air. Well, he really had no choice…he stepped into the grid and the woman pushed a button on the wall. For a moment everything was black, then a large room materialized in front of him. It was a dimly lit, circular room with a large, round table in the center. At the table sat a number of people, humans, newmans, and androids. Fifteen in total.
“Ahhh, Boris! How nice of you to join us!” A familiar voice said. A large vid screen opened on the wall, showing a man who was cloaked in shadow. Boris’s employer on his last “quest”. “Please, sit! We have much to discuss.”
Boris saw that he would fill the sixteenth and final chair at the table. He hesitated for a moment, then crossed the room and sat.
“Sixteen of Pioneer 2’s greatest assassins, gathered in one place.” The shadowy figure began. “What do you know about this man?” the vid shifted to a picture of a human with long, dirty blond hair hanging down in front of his face. Boris knew that face on sight. It was…
“Great Sword Zoke.” The human four chairs to Boris’s right said. “He owns three of the Four Swords: Sange, Yasha, and Kamui.”
“Right you are, Shadow!” the Employer exclaimed. “I have no doubt that everyone present knew that, but Shadow was the first to speak up. Now, why is Zoke being so carefully watched by the government?”
“’Cause the Four Swords have the power to destroy a planet!” a newman woman wearing strange robes that sat nearly across from Boris said. “The government doesn’t want someone with that much power running free!”
“I wonder,” the shadowy figure began, “who of you can tell me the legend of the Four Swords?”
“I can.” A RAcast type android said. “Back on Coral, around BUW 310, a corrupt government was abusing its people, so three blacksmiths and one of their apprentices each forged a sword in opposition to that government. The nation collapsed only a few months later.” This matched what Boris had heard of the Four Swords, although he had not known that one of the forgers had been an apprentice.
“Yes, yes…Does anyone know the real legend?”
The table was quiet except for whispers and occasional coughs from the living. After a moment, the figure continued. “The Four Swords: Kamui, Sange, Yasha, and Orotiagito…were forged to oppose a corrupt government, as Xerxes said. What very few people know is that the monarch of that government had in his possession another sword…the legendary Tsumikiri J-Sword, a blade so powerful that it made its wielder invincible. It was said that no one weapon came close to matching the J-Sword’s power. The Four Swords combined, especially the Orotiagito, however, were capable of defeating the wielder of the J-Sword.
For three days, the Four fought the One. One by one the weiders of Kamui, Yasha, and Sange fell to the J-Sword, until only the Orotiagito remained. Knowing he could never defeat the J-Sword on his own, Dousetsu gathered the strength of the Four Swords and placed a seal on the J-Sword, sacrificing the might of the Orotiagito in the process. This seal locked away the unlimited power of the J-Sword, causing all the wounds it had prevented for the corrupt king to spring up, killing him instantly. With the J-Sword sealed, Dousetsu hid it so its power could never again be released.
That, my friends, is why the Four Swords can destroy a planet. When they are gathered, together with the Sealed J-Sword, they release the seal and unleash the ultimate power of the J-Sword!” Absolute silence filled the room. “That is why I sent my Agent to, ah, collect, you. You shall split into four teams, with the ultimate goal to kill the Great Sword, and reunite the Four Swords with their eternal adversary, to gain true and unstoppable power.”
“This will never work.” Boris said quietly.
“May I ask why, Boris?” the Employer asked. His voice sounded pleasant, but Boris could tell he was angry.
“Simply because no one knew the location of either the Agito or the J-Sword after Pioneer 1 launched. They’re both probably blown into atoms back where Coral once was.”
“My Agent has discovered files in the Central Dome computers that indicate that not only had the Agito and J-Sword been found, they were aboard Pioneer 1, so as to keep them from the Great Sword. We do not believe they knew the true nature of the J-Sword, but they saw it was powerful, and the government wanted it for itself.”
“Then where are they?” the human named Shadow asked. “Do you have them?”
“Not yet.” The Employer admitted. “However, we have learned that the J-Sword was being kept on an island in the Central Sea called Gal De Val. One of the groups will have the task of fetching it.”
“And the Agito?” a man in robes next to Boris asked.
“We are still searching, but we know that it is on Ragol. It is only a matter of time.”

Okay, there you go! I'd like to keep the invitation open to others to add chapters after InfinityXXX has written his next one. I think it would be fun to see where other people take this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Absol197 on 2006-06-08 09:59 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Absol197 on 2006-06-08 15:45 ]</font>

WraithVerge
Jun 8, 2006, 02:38 PM
I'll give it a shot. I haven't participated in a group-fic on PSOW in a long time. Should be fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

WraithVerge
Jun 8, 2006, 03:42 PM
The screen before him flickered off and disappeared, leaving him in the dark. He sat there for a moment, pondering about the group. The Sixteen should have no problem locating the last two swords, but that wasn't what bothered him. What did was the fact that any one of them may decide to use the power of the Four Swords and attempt to break the seal on the J-Sword and wield it himself/herself or some may get it into their heads to team up with Zoke. Either case spelled catastrophe.

He issued a short command, and the room illuminated to reveal a large office space containing an onyx desk with various objects and papers scattered about, three chairs opposite the desk, potted plants in the corners of the room, and magnificant works of art lining the walls. Leaning against the wall to his left was a man with short blonde-hair and green eyes. His outfit was eccentric: a green vest, white undershirt and shoes, red slacks and a black belt with a Durandel hanging from it. The boss nodded at him. "You know what to do, Jaunty."

The Agent smiled. "Reconnoiter the four groups and ensure their cooperation and completion of the mission. Eliminate dissenters, if any. At the same time, locate Zoke, trap and/or kill him, and aquire his collection. Am I correct mi'lord?"

"Sometimes I wonder if you enjoy your job too much," the boss answered, returning the smile.

"It should be simple enough. I only have the Sixteen Greatest Assassins at my disposal. What could go wrong?" Jaunty said as he left the room. He understood the irony of that last statement, and regardless of how terrible things could end up, he kept his smile long after he had left. It would take more than the Sixteen to make him nervous.

-------------------------------------------------

"Voshay, we have found Boris's Section ID, but not him. Did you have any luck?"

Voshay cringed as the sound of Lala's voice cackled over his communicator. The device had been giving him problems ever since he stepped into the forest, and unfortunately for the RAmar, it chose a bad time to fluctuate to broadcast mode at maximum volumn. He shot a glance out from his hiding place at the edge of the clearing, and sure enough the pack of wolves were looking his way, sniffing the air ahead of them for the scent they had been following.

"Great..." Voshay muttered under his breathe. He placed a finger to his ear, depressing the button on his comm-set. "Uhhhh... no, I have not. Where is your current location?"

"We're heading to the base of the cliff we saw earlier. Will you meet us there?"

Voshay quickly bolted off in that direction. A few seconds later, growls and howls erupted from behind him. He drew the Yasminkov 2000H from its holster at his side and began firing as he ran, his first few shots tearing through the hind leg of the leading wolf. "Yes I will. Do you mind if I bring company?"

"What? I thought-" The connection suddenly went dead.

"Damnit! Useless crap!" Voshay cursed as he ripped the communicator off his head and tossed it into the bushes. He was nearing the base of the cliff Lala spoke of, but running at this speed was starting to get to him. Firing his last shots, Voshay managed to take out one more wolf. That left four more. Wonderful. Voshay sped his pace up a notch, running at his fastest possible speed. He still had a good thirty yards ahead of the wolves, but it wouldn't be long before they caught up to him. He quickly put his handgun away and summoned his Morning Glory, hoping he would make it to Lala and Leah. Almost there... he thought to himself as the cliff base came into view.

As he broke through the final bit of underbrush and into the clearing, the lead wolf summoned all its strength and pounced.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WraithVerge on 2006-06-08 13:59 ]</font>

Absol197
Jun 8, 2006, 05:39 PM
Thanks, WraithVerge! That was excellent! I would love it if you would join InfinityXXX an myself in trying to finish this. Others are still welcome, too!
(By the way, you will most likely see several edits to my pieces. These are only grammar and flow edits. Content is not being altered)

InfinityXXX
Jun 9, 2006, 10:44 AM
Ok I got the next chapter lol.
This is getting really interesting. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2006-06-09 08:45 ]</font>

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 9, 2006, 11:05 AM
Mind if I do the next chapter after Infinity? I got an idea...

InfinityXXX
Jun 9, 2006, 11:30 AM
"Dammit!"

Voshay yelled as the wolf jumped on his back and slammed him to the ground, his Morning Glory flew into some nearby bushes. The wolf started to clawing the back of Voshay's armor. "I..got..t shake em off before the other 3 catch up" grunted Voshay. The other wolves caught up and all three of them leaped into the air. "Here it goes!" screamed Voshay. He elbowed the first wolf off his back and rolled into the bushes to retrieve his Morning Glory. As the other three landed on the ground, he fired 3 shots towards the ground, creating a small explosion that threw the wolves in the air, injuring them so that they could no longer walk.

"There, there " whispered Voshay as he craked open a Monomate and pured it on the 4 wolves wounds, "you'll be ok in a few days." He then dematerialized his Morning Glory and headed towards the cliff.

"Did you see that?" said Lala, she and Leah had been watching Voshay and his fight, "Yeah I saw it, Voshay has always been that way." Leah looked towards the sky and gave out a low sigh. She knew of the risks and how complicated it could be, inviting her brother, Voshay on this search mission. Voshay was 2 years younger than Leah but after seeing his whole team die on a mission in the Ruins and after the news of the death of Red Ring Rico, Voshay vowed to never kill again.

"Hey sis, I didn't find any android parts" yelled Voshay as he approached Leah and Lala. "Oh is that so!" said Leah with a huge smile. Despite the complications of having him tag along, she was happy to see her brother due to being seperated for a good 4 months. "You haven't changed that much sis, haha, you still all serious!" said Voshay. "Well you shaved off your mustache and grew a goatee" said Leah. "Haha, you noticed, oh, by the way, you need to get that piece of crap communicator fixed." The two of them stood and just laughed and Lala was in a mixture of awe and euphoria. She had never seen her master like this but she was so happy to see her Master happy.

"Well, thats ok, I just realized something." exclaimed Leah. "What!?" answered Lala and Voshay. "Well, as long as we have Boris' section ID, we can go to the Hunter's Guild and find out what Boris' was doing before he disappeared. That may give us a clue to where hes at."

"Alrighty then sis, I guess thats our next stop." Voshay pulled out a telepipe and the team of three stepped inside.
---------------------------

"Boris, you'll be teamed up with Lumina, Terrance, and Viper," said the man sitting at the desk with short blond hair and green eyes, "You four will address me simply as Boss. "Yes sir" Boris and the other three answered. Boss then turned around to assign the other teams. Boris examined his team. Lumina was a female RAmarl with almond shaped red eyes and long black hair. She had a serious yet angered look to her. Terrance was a HUmar with cornrowed hair and a headband on. He wore a yellow and black suite and looked calm and collected and Viper was a FOmar but had a dark and evil look in his eyes. He wore an all black robe and a smirk on his face.

Boss then assigned the last group and called for Shadow. "Yes Boss" said Shadow. "I don't trust that android called Boris. I want you, Shadow, to follow them but remain hidden at all times. Make sure they don't try anything."

InfinityXXX
Jun 9, 2006, 11:31 AM
On 2006-06-09 09:05, SgtShligger wrote:
Mind if I do the next chapter after Infinity? I got an idea...

Go ahead, I'll love to see your ideas lol.

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 9, 2006, 12:06 PM
I will post in a few hours..............

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 9, 2006, 10:55 PM
*And now I am joining. If you find any terms you don't get (I love old weapons/items) google image search them. this is also Hella longer then I expected it to be... damn the mood is off......*

The Boss glances at the four hunters and reconsiders the teams. "Terrance and Viper, you go with Jaunty. Mr. Flash, could you join them?" This was certainly not a question but an order. With a sigh, the man the boss signaled has stood up and walked over to his new team.

"Boris, Lumina, this is Caption Flash." He is wearing a dark brown leather trenchcoat and sports a black duster which is tilted downward. After a quick introduction from Boris and Lumina, the group awaits their orders."You three will be searching for the J-sword on Gal Da Val island. We are not sure of it's exact location so you will have to do some searching." The three nod and start off to the teleporter.

"So where do we start?" Boris says as he looks around the small cavern the teleporter dropped them in. "Well," Lumina starts, "let's just get a move on and be done with this." Cap is leaning against the cave wall and doesn't bother to look up as he speaks. "I don't really care. Whoever wants to make a suggestion, go for it."

"We might as well check the beach from here." Lumina gives out a huff and runs forward while Cap calmly walks up without a word. As the three reach the beach, Boris spots a few Gee flying through the air. "Now what gun to-" Before Boris can choose a weapon, Lumina whips out a Suppressed Gun and blasts the Gee out of the air. Cap has made no motion to even reach for a weapon. "Well, let's continue." Lumina already sounds bored.

Boris now has his Visk in hand while Cap still walks around seemingly unarmed. Cap notes how Boris and Lumina are nearly in a competition to shoot Gees out of the air glaring when the other gets the shot. After about fifteen minutes, the Gees stop coming out and Lumina and Boris yell out "Thirty!" at the same time. The two glare at eachother and Cap continues from the back. "Hey, you two, look to your left." Cap says this with no urgency whatsoever.

What Lumina and a Boris were told to look ahead for was a pack of four Gibbons charging forward. Lumina gets a one shot out before she has to dive out of the way of a fire ball. Boris is a bit more lucky and manages to get some shots off. Unfortunately, these shots are rushed and only take out one Gibbon, angering the remainging three. Cap looks as the fight continues while the other two failed to notice his absence.

Another Gibbon charges Boris leaving the android no time to aim. Boris does the only thing an ordinary hunter would do at this time- he takes the Visk in both hands and rifle butts the Gibbon in the stomach causing it to bend over. Lumina shoots the Gibbon in the head before it can recover. The remaining two Gibbons start off towards Cap. Boris and Lumina turn around still see Cap unarmed.

"You got this?" Boris asks. "I guess..." Cap slips out. For the first time, Cap pulls out a weapon... two for that matter. In his left hand he holds a strange handgun which has two barrels and resembles an old over-under hunting rifle in look (but obviously smaller.) In his right hand is a four foot long Rapier which seems special in no way except for the elaborate hilt and knuckle guard. Cap frowns as the Gibbon prepares to pounce. Before it's other foot gets off the ground, a large green shot rings through the air and the Gibbon is put to the ground with a hole in it's chest about six inches in diameter.

The last Gibbon has advanced next to Cap and starts a swipe at him but meets the side of his Rapier. Cap jumps backward causing the Gibbon to trip right at his feet and blasts the Gibbon in the back. Boris looks at Cap's gun and questions him. "What is that thing? My database shows no information on that gun at all." Lumina looks over with a question of her own. "And what is that sword in your right hand called?"

Cap glances at his weapons and begins to speak. "Well, the sword is a old style rapier I got from an old hunter... made out of solid Tripoli. This gun is hand built. It's not on your data base because it is the only one of it's kind." The sword is put away and the gun is flipped open, letting out some smoke in the process. Cap pulls out to small photon rods and loads them into the barrel as he speaks. "She runs off solid photon rods which gives it a lot of power and even more recoil. It has to be reloaded but, hey, it works." With this last statement, Cap whips the gun forward flipping it back together and whips it back in his pocket.

"There is a lot more searching to do so we might as well continue on guys." Boris says. Lumina and Cap follow on down the beach. "Can I even trust these people? Cap doesn't even look like a registered hunter... I'll just watch my back. I am not sure about Lumina."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SgtShligger on 2006-06-09 20:56 ]</font>

WraithVerge
Jun 14, 2006, 02:26 PM
I'll get the next chapter up and running in a bit.

Absol197
Jun 15, 2006, 11:21 AM
If no one has any objections, I would like to write the chapter after WraithVerge's.

WraithVerge
Jun 15, 2006, 02:59 PM
Most of the other assassins had already formed up and left the room, but that left Jaunty and three others to make up the final team. With that last minute exchange in team members, Terrance and Viper were outraged. Angry at being placed in a pitiful group, the two RAmars decided to take their anger out on the first team member they saw.

"Hey, blonde shit! Get the hell over 'ere, now!" Terrance demanded.

Jaunty cast a glance at the red armored RAmar, smiled but did not leave his spot on the wall. Terrance stormed over to where the HUmar stood, grabbed his collar and lifted him up off the ground. "You better listen ta me when ah'm talkin' ta you, boy! Ah won't take no crap from you er anyone else. I'm leadin' this group, and if you got a problem wit' it, you can say 'ello ta Grudge 'ere." Terrance waved his Bravace in front of Jaunty's face. "Got that, punk?" he growled.

The blonde HUmar smiled again, locking his green eyes on the large man's face. "Oh, I wouldn't dream of voicing my opinion against a big, strong, and smart man like you. You are obviously the right man to lead this outfit. You have nothing to worry about from little ole me!"

Missing Jaunty's sarcasm, Terrance grinned broudly and dropped the RAmar. As the RAmar went back to stand by Viper, the fourth member of their group approached Jaunty. She was a rather pale and thin looking FOnewearl, but it well complimented her light blue and deep purple force outfit. "Shira," she said. "It is not my real name, but that is what some call me."

"Some?" Jaunty asked, raising an eyebrow.

Shira continued to stare at Jaunty with her yellow eyes, the corners of her mouth twitching as if ready to break out into a smile. "Some... those that have seen my face and lived to speak of it."

"Jaunty here, mi'lady. Pleasure to meet you!" he said with a bow. He held out his hand. "Shall we accompany the other members of our team on the other side of the room?"

-----------------------------------------------------

"I'm sorry, but the hunter attached to this Section ID has yet to report back..."

Leah and her companions frowned. Now they had no clue where to find Boris.

"... but his last known location before disappearing from our tracker has been recorded."

Hope shines down from above. "Yes!" Lala said, snatching the capsule that was being handed to Leah.

"Hey! What was that for!?" Leah exclaimed, planting her fists into her sides.

"I'm leading this group, remember? I get to read it!"

Voshay patted his sister on the shoulder as she sighed. "Don't worry," he whispered into her ear. "She'll calm down once we're back on the hunt."

"I sometimes find myself caught between worry and annoyance for her," Leah said smiling.

"Heh, I feel the same w-OOF!"

"Let's goooooooooo! Haha!" Lala cried, grabbing Voshay's hand as she ran by and yanking him along.

Leah sighed once more before following after them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WraithVerge on 2006-06-15 13:03 ]</font>

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 19, 2006, 01:55 AM
On 2006-06-15 09:21, Absol197 wrote:
If no one has any objections, I would like to write the chapter after WraithVerge's.

Go ahead... I can't continue until someone else starts off.

Absol197
Jun 19, 2006, 02:06 PM
Okay, here we go:

The Boss had outdone himself in cleverness this time, Jaunty thought with a smile. His “team” had settled down in a small room tucked away in the ancient ruins. The soul-chilling cold was bothersome, but the four of them had all endured much worse before.
Sending Shadow to be his temporary Agent on Gal De Val while Jaunty was working on getting Zoke out of the picture was simply genious. Shadow had by far been the hardest assassin for Jaunty to collect, requiring about twenty percent of his total abilities. Shadow would allow the others to acquire the J-Sword, then kill them to keep it for himself. Jaunty, then, would only need to worry about removing one assassin, instead of three or four.
He glanced at his companions. They were sound asleep, as it was his turn to keep watch. Slowly, Jaunty stood up and began to make his way through the door and into the hallway beyond.
“Going somewhere?” A voice asked behind him. He turned to see Shira looking at him, the flickering light from the fireball enveloping the hand she was pointing at him glinting off her yellow eyes.
“Why Mi’lady, you should be asleep. It is my turn to watch, and we will all need to be well rested for the battle with the Great Sword tomorrow.”
“Nice try. We’re assassins. No one of us who has any brains should be asleep while others are awake.” She glanced at Terrance and Viper, who were both still sound asleep. “Notice I said those who have brains.”
“I apologize for alarming you, Lady Shira, but I was merely stepping out to relieve myself. I didn’t think the group would appreciate such actions in this small room.”
Shira considered for a moment, then lowered her hand, causing the flames to dissipate. “Very well. But if you’re not back soon, I’ll have to kill you and say monsters did it.” Jaunty bowed then stepped through the door. As it closed behind him, he pulled out a comm. device. It’s too bad she’s as smart as she is, he thought as he waited for the signal to reach the Boss. She was so pretty. The group won’t be the same without her.

The three of them stood at the top of the cliff they had met under earlier. An inert gillchic with a hole blown through its head lay there, along with the remains of a campfire. They had also found both a telepipe receiver and broadcaster.
“Well,” Lala said as her systems finished analysis on the two items, “These weren’t the same telepipe, but they were both activated at nearly the same time.
“Where did the receiver come from?” Leah asked her android.
“From the base of the cliff, I think.” Lala informed her. “Also, residual photon on the receiver seems to indicate it was last handled by an android, while the broadcaster here was set up and used by a humanoid.”
“A humanoid that dragged a nonfunctional android through.” Voshay said grimly.
“What?” Leah and Lala gasped together.
“Here.” Voshay said, pointing towards a large patch of disturbed earth. “Something heavy and man-shaped fell to the ground here,” he indicated a large depression very close to the cliff’s edge, “Then was dragged to this spot, which happens to be exactly where we found the telepipe broadcaster.”
The other two were silent for a moment, and then Leah said in a shaken voice, “I am going to find him.” She pulled a small device from her pink scrubs and turned it on. “Both Lala and Boris have tracers in their bodies. I never use them, because they have my trust, but I need to find Boris. Now.”

“Have you guys done the math?” Cap. Asked as the group was settling down for the night.
“The math?” Lumina asked.
“Yes, the math.” He repeated. “Four Swords, and one J-Sword. Five swords. Sixteen assassins and one boss. Somebody is leaving with nil.”
“I’m assuming that the Boss will keep us as his right hand men, women, and androids after we complete this quest for him.” Boris said.
“Right.” The captain said. “I have another idea…after he has that J-Sword unsealed, he’s going to kill all of us and destroy the other four so he can’t be defeated as the J-Sword’s original owner was. I’d be careful if I were you guys. I’m looking out for number one only.”
“And what exactly do you mean by that?” Lumina asked.
“You’ll see.” Cap. said as he lay down and closed his eyes.
He means that he’s going to do most of my dirty work for me. The dark shape that watched them from the cliff above them thought. How thoughtful of him.