PDA

View Full Version : The official "RAmar" game until PSO ep 1 & II

Spy
Oct 18, 2002, 12:36 PM
OMG. Has anyone else played Time Splitters II with the GC controler.

*creams pants*

And the Tactical 12-guage pwnz.

OMG. Best game ever!

*creams pants again*

Eep. If my pants were on teh fire I r would have put them out by now.

Dabra
Oct 18, 2002, 03:51 PM
I own the game on ps2. I gotta admit i love it, the tactical gauge is sweet on the icey level (forgot name) with that cannon-equipped building in the middle.

And i love aztec, nothing beats it when you stick in 5 arrows in the ennemy's body and see him running around all alive. Priceless.

Dangerous55
Oct 18, 2002, 08:58 PM
October will empty your wallet.

TS2, RF2, GTA:VC, PSO, countless others. I may have to rent this game. Me=poor.

ABDUR101
Oct 18, 2002, 09:02 PM
On 2002-10-18 18:58, Dangerous55 wrote:
October will empty your wallet.

November will empty my wallet for a week. $200 for Steel Battalion (http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=227919) >=)

Ness
Oct 18, 2002, 09:23 PM
$200 for a videogame?

That's a little expensive.
I think that PSO and AC will be enough for me.

ABDUR101
Oct 18, 2002, 09:31 PM
On 2002-10-18 19:23, Ness wrote:
$200 for a videogame?

That's a little expensive.

Some people don't know how to click links or read X_X

At this blatant plug which is also a link (http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=227919), which also leads to a description of the game and what is included with it...you will read:

"Steel Battalion is an exciting battle-mech simulator that uses the most elaborate controller interface ever created. Take a seat inside the cockpit of a mechanized VT (Vertical Tank) and enter into futuristic military warfare, where you pilot 20 different mechs in a multinational task force operation in an effort to over throw the government. Included with the game is an exclusive 40-button controller to completely maximize the gaming experience, making your feel as if you are actually piloting a mechanized Vertical Tank!"

*EDIT*
..I had to make it blatantly obvious why the game is so expensive...just so I would'nt have to make another post to point it out. I'm so nice =)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2002-10-18 20:06 ]</font>

Cheech
Oct 18, 2002, 10:02 PM
Also coming out in November....

Resident Evil 0! (OOoohhhh, aaaaahh)
Metroid Prime...! (*claps*)
The fabulous Metroid Fusion! (*random chatter*)
And also... Cubivore, Shinobi, Suikoden III, Revenge of Shinobi, Phantasy Star Collection, DDR Max, X-box Live Starter Kit, Splinter Cell, Steel Battalion, MGS2: Substance, Contra for PS2/GBA. I bet.. all the gaming companies did this on purpose so that we have like, another Economic Depression! omfg, wallet apocalypse!

Dabra
Oct 18, 2002, 10:53 PM
I can buy a damn ps2, xbox or gamecube with 200 dollars. It's way to expensive. In my opinion it's not going to sell well. Not saying the game sucks but not many people are ready to dish out 200 bucks for a game (yadda yadda big controlla). God knows if it has a lot of very little replay value.

*reads it again*

Where's the online play?

PS: Though i gotta admit i wanna play that game. It must be cool to flip a boxed button on the side of the controller and smash the red button for a big missile.

*drools*

STILL TOO EXPENSIVE!!11

ABDUR101
Oct 18, 2002, 11:07 PM
Steel Battalion has stuff that you can un-lock as you play. It's replayability comes from it's novelty and the skill needed to play it.

It's sequel is planned to have multiplayer.

Sure, this game isn't for everyone, but you better beleive those who can afford it are going to enjoy it. =)

And the covered button is an eject/self destruction button I beleive, it's covered for protection against misplaced fingers and passer-by idiots who'd think it funny to press the big red button.

Dabra
Oct 18, 2002, 11:12 PM
On 2002-10-18 21:07, ABDUR101 wrote:

And the covered button is an eject/self destruction button I beleive, it's covered for protection against misplaced fingers and passer-by idiots who'd think it funny to press the big red button.

Whatever it is, sure ought to be cool when in an intense fight, and you flip the cover in a stylish way and jam the button. Just when i think about it it looks cool. Probably not a game for me, i mainly like multiplayer or split screen games. If i had 2 of them babies then THAT would be another story.

Kent
Oct 18, 2002, 11:16 PM
On 2002-10-18 19:31, ABDUR101 wrote:
Included with the game is an exclusive 40-button controller

And here (http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/news/09/16/steelbox_screen001.jpg)'s a picture of the controller.

I'm going to try and get it, but I doubt I'll have the funding to afford it with PSO Episodes I & II, ToeJam & Earl 3, and MechAssault all coming out.

Spy
Oct 18, 2002, 11:50 PM
Damn. This sucks. My topic. It was teh hijacked!

You dumb copycats. Cheap immitation.

ABDUR101
Oct 19, 2002, 12:02 AM
On 2002-10-18 21:50, Spy wrote:
Damn. This sucks. My topic. It was teh hijacked!

...is anyone else noticing the absurd amount of irony in that?

Your topic wasn't exactly high jacked, people just started posting what they'd be playing until PSO came out. You said Time Splitters, then D55 listed some games, then I listed Steel Battalion.

And I'll also add UT 2003 and Battlefield:1942 to my list.

Spy
Oct 19, 2002, 12:11 AM
On 2002-10-18 22:02, ABDUR101 wrote:

...is anyone else noticing the absurd amount of irony in that?

Irony? Sorry. I'm not into killing elephants.

ginko990
Oct 19, 2002, 12:23 AM
On 2002-10-18 22:11, Spy wrote:

Irony? Sorry. I'm not into killing elephants.

Ahahaha....haha

Wheh.

badmav
Oct 19, 2002, 09:41 AM
i have one thing to say sb yahoo yayayayaya drooools

buttons galor oh yea lol

well there is my excitment if thay make a online game of it ill get that aswell but onley on one condition if abdur gets it id like to have a little fun muhahahaha oh man let me just say that im getting an xbox and sb at same time next mounth on the first ill be spending like 400 all together dang oh well its gona be awsome till i get pso then ill be on pso for ever ill never sleep again lol staying up drinking coffe taken no doze hehehe as you can tell im vary happy ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh like spy sed gizes paints ooops

Toyzferall
Oct 19, 2002, 04:41 PM
I REALLY wanna play TS2. I have the first one for PS2. Sweet game. Personally, though, I think it'd be a little hard with a GC controller. TS1 is a fricken' hard game. PS2 controllers OWN for FPS games, IMO. Then again.. Give me a mouse and keyboard any dayt for an FPS. I grew up with Quake 2.

Spy
Oct 19, 2002, 05:09 PM
On 2002-10-19 14:41, Toyzferall wrote:
I REALLY wanna play TS2. I have the first one for PS2. Sweet game. Personally, though, I think it'd be a little hard with a GC controller. TS1 is a fricken' hard game. PS2 controllers OWN for FPS games, IMO. Then again.. Give me a mouse and keyboard any dayt for an FPS. I grew up with Quake 2.

Actually I like the GC controller better. The PS2's analog sticks arent sensitive enough.

Toyzferall
Oct 19, 2002, 06:08 PM
The PS2's analog sticks arent sensitive enough.

I haven't really had a problem with 'em. Even still, like I said... I'd take a mouse and keyboard over a controller any day. I need to slipce one for XBox or something... THEN my friends will know true fear in Halo... *Cackles insanely* Actually, I suck at FPS no matter what control setup I have. I'm best with a mouse/keyboard, though.