PDA

View Full Version : Guitar...

Charmander02
Jun 6, 2006, 03:47 PM
Does anyone here play guitar?

Cuz i picked it up about two weeks ago and i was wondering if you guys had any tips for a n00b like me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

This guy is my role model(guitar-wise anyways).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjA5faZF1A8

Allos
Jun 6, 2006, 04:03 PM
Been playing for eight years.

The only tip I have is to practice. All the time. And mabye take a few beginner lessons to get some chords down pat. Also, use your pinky to anchor your picking hand to the body of the guitar, should help a little.

InfinityXXX
Jun 6, 2006, 04:18 PM
I've been playing on and off for a good 6 months. Basically what Allos said is true. PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. You'll be amazed at how good you can get if you practice everyday for at least 20 minutes, It can also help to have a book to practice too.(I don't have one thus why I get uninspired quick)

You also should try to find someone and make sure your doing your chords right. When I first started playing I discovered from my marching band director that I was positioning my fingers wrong and performing the chords incorrectly.

The summer is the best time to learn since you probably don't have that much to do. Once I get to a moderate level on my saxaphone (I wanna try to play every instrument in the world lol) I'm gonna toughen up my practice on the guitar

By the way. what type of guitar are you playing?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2006-06-06 14:19 ]</font>

Charmander02
Jun 6, 2006, 04:18 PM
Hmm, i dunno about taking lessons but i will definately pick up a book or two.

Charmander02
Jun 6, 2006, 04:30 PM
Im plating electric...as for the brand and model it's a Peavey Raptor Plus. It was cheap but it will do for now.

InfinityXXX
Jun 6, 2006, 04:35 PM
I currently have an Acoustic but part of me wants to get an electric and learn on an electric.(Even though its hard to learn they say its a bit easier than acoustic)

Eihwaz
Jun 6, 2006, 04:37 PM
I've been learning how to play the bass guitar, theoretically. I haven't been practicing enough at all, though. >_>;

Hrigg
Jun 6, 2006, 08:19 PM
I've been playing the electric for almost 2 years. Just practice. That's about all I can tell you.