PDA

View Full Version : Can Mags Runaway

VioletSkye
Jun 6, 2006, 05:38 PM
no

BR0M
Jun 6, 2006, 05:38 PM
Can they run away if you don't feed them?

Balthor
Jun 6, 2006, 05:45 PM
This is by far, the greatest question I ever seen asked on here.

BR0M
Jun 6, 2006, 05:51 PM
are you being sarcastic Balthor?

xxTrystanxx
Jun 6, 2006, 07:00 PM
Despite Elenor's warnings, no, MAGs cannot run away if you don't feed them. It would be a sheer waste of meseta to continually feed MAGs that are already level 200 and have 200 IQ and 120% Sync.

However, I have lost plenty of young growing MAGs to game freezes, so if you want to call that "running away" I'm all for it.

BR0M
Jun 6, 2006, 07:14 PM
whoa how does that happen? does that happen on xbox and gamecube

xxTrystanxx
Jun 6, 2006, 07:21 PM
I've never played Episode 1 & 2 for GC, but from what I've read/heard, FSOD (the common term for freezing) is very common, and is a major cause for concern online. On GC, a malicious player can purposely force your game to freeze, causing you to not save properly and lose your items.

On Xbox, you can't be purposely frozen, but every once in a while it does happen that your game screen freezes and you hear that horrible buzzing sound.

Now, I've been told that at least on GC, depending on the type of error you receive, you can possibly pull out your mem card and power off the normal way. On xbox, this is not an option, everything is saved to hard drive, and so when you freeze online (which is where it happens about 95% of the time) you lose anything on your character that you didn't have equipped.... and for me, this usually includes MAGs that I am carrying around because I am raising them. My last freeze caused me to not only lose my pair of Charge Vulcans, but a level 195 Savitri that I had almost finished.

BR0M
Jun 6, 2006, 07:24 PM
ouch about that 195...i play mine usually on gamecube but never online so am i that much of a risk then?

xxTrystanxx
Jun 6, 2006, 07:34 PM
Offline, I'd say you have very little chance of freezing. But like I said, I've never played 1&2 on GC, only Episode III. But I can imagine you don't need to worry about such things.

But we are far, far, off-topic for this thread. At any rate, nope, MAGs don't run away.

BR0M
Jun 6, 2006, 07:45 PM
kk thanks everyone

Neith
Jun 7, 2006, 03:59 AM
You can FSOD offline, but it's quite rare. Running between areas with alternating music (like the Medical Centre/Pioneer 2) over and over can FSOD you, so don't do it XP

Zarbolord
Jun 7, 2006, 03:59 AM
Well... they could run away if you percieve it under story-wise terms. That mag cell that Elenor gives you doesn't stay in your pocket (damn, I could have had that new rare mag!). lol. But mags only 'run away' once you are dead. Not the unconcious where you get the screen all red and stuff. Dead meaning you're character has been erased. Maybe Rappy Mags run away if someone hits them from far in BB *chuckle* Stupidity makes one wise...

Dragon_Knight
Jun 7, 2006, 08:38 AM
o.o it can? Must....resist...urge....to...freeze....self! >_<

Rhelik
Jun 7, 2006, 11:46 AM
FSODing yourself means you're the ultimite hacker.

All the cool hackers are doing it!

Lol

GrumblyStuff
Jun 7, 2006, 12:05 PM
On 2006-06-07 01:59, UrikoBB3 wrote:
You can FSOD offline, but it's quite rare. Running between areas with alternating music (like the Medical Centre/Pioneer 2) over and over can FSOD you, so don't do it XP
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

I'd do that in Ep2 where you can run between the shop, P2, AND the Med Center. I suppose I won't be doing that any more.

DroolinBuddie
Jun 8, 2006, 02:08 PM
...well....either my gamecube is screwed or, my mags do hate me...i hav like 8 mags 2 dissapeared, im guessin if u hav alot then they will jus........blow up?
;__; i miss my 2 mags....they were one maxed out power mag and one maxed out def

X____X"" DAMN U GAMECUBE!!!