PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else use RAcasts as a hunter instead of HUcasts

BR0M
Jun 6, 2006, 06:58 PM
I use RAcasts when i make a hunter because they have higher ATA, HP, DEF, and EVP than HUcasts. HUcasts only have higher ATP. Does anyone else use RAcast hunters?

GrumblyStuff
Jun 6, 2006, 07:03 PM
Racasts can't use Chain Sawd so why would I want to use a Racast?

BR0M
Jun 6, 2006, 07:10 PM
lol they are good until: you find a chain saw lol

Blitzkommando
Jun 6, 2006, 08:47 PM
HUcasts have growth advantages over RAcasts for 'Hunter-ing'. Also, like Grumbly stated, Chain Sawd is an excellent weapon for android hunters. A RAcast can do decent 'Hunter-ing', with things like partisans and twins, but are better when playing their roll as a Ranger. While I didn't care too much for either class, too brunt for my tastes, I've seen that they work best when playing their rolls that they were designed for. Of course, I think the same of HUcaseals and RAcaseals. The androids seem to be very well suited for what they are 'made' to be and not as well doing other things like the fleshy characters which seem to have better rounded stats.

Xer
Jun 6, 2006, 08:57 PM
Don't worry! Use your character how you want! I personally think that FOmarls are cool hunters... espescially with an Elysion.

BR0M
Jun 6, 2006, 09:51 PM
what are the growth advatages?

Blitzkommando
Jun 6, 2006, 10:18 PM
Up to around 170 HUcast gains more HP, and always gains more ATP. HUcasts also have more EVP until 155, and essentially have the same DEF all the way up. The only stat that RAcasts have any real advantage in growth is ATA. HUcasts simply are able to deal more and take more damage sooner than the RAcast and continue to do so through 200. RAcasts only really start to be able to branch out until after 160ish which is a bit up there.

GrumblyStuff
Jun 6, 2006, 10:28 PM
On 2006-06-06 18:57, Xer wrote:
Don't worry! Use your character how you want! I personally think that FOmarls are cool hunters... espescially with an Elysion.
It's a little different with FOs and esspecially the human FOs. They got a really nice advantage with techs (be it for healing or ATP/DFP boosts as well as decreasing enemy ATP/DFP).

Also. Elysion, shmysion. Red Handgun/Holy Ray (Angel Harp?), Red Saber, Soul Eater/Banish (Madam's Umbrella for Fomarl), and Rainbow Baton. I can't imagine a meleeing FO would need anything else.

Vetsent
Jun 6, 2006, 11:03 PM
On 2006-06-06 16:58, BR0M wrote:
I use RAcasts when i make a hunter because they have higher ATA, HP, DEF, and EVP than HUcasts. HUcasts only have higher ATP. Does anyone else use RAcast hunters?

I use mine like that.I beat down the Sil Dragon with a powerful S-Beat's Blades barrage because of the good ATA and ATP.I believe the RaCast has the most positive stats for the least negative ones.Also,he was my first true character I had,so I'm a little biased when it comes to this kind of thing.

Kri
Jun 6, 2006, 11:15 PM
I like using my RAmar with an Agito, I cant wait to use the Yamigarasu, I think it looks so sweet on my RAmar.

I also use a Saber weilding FOmar rather than a cane weilding one. Close combat. Works for me rather than ranged. ;D Dont matter what class I am i'll still use a RED SABER. I wish the Lavis Cannon.? could be used by a FOmar or RAmar. I would love it. ;D

Xer
Jun 8, 2006, 01:58 PM
I didn't say that the Elysion was that good, I said I liked it. I had like 5, so I thought that I might use one. If only the FOmar didn't look so girly... at least you can sometimes salvage the look...

Dana
Jun 8, 2006, 02:23 PM
Racts as Hunters.

Hmm, well. It can be easy to arrange.

Daylight scar.
Srank scythe with gush
Excalibur
Srank twin

Plus you have Frozen shooter, Srank needle (normal needle also)

Quite a bit less ATP, but more ata.
less useful trap growth.

The damage is noticably less. But you'll hit more.

I agree with Norvekh, a Ranger is much more suited in his own role. Leave HUing to HUs. RAing to Ras, and FOing to Fos.

Not to say a Ra cant melee. With Lizards in EPIV, melee is a must. Unless you want to burn through TP faster than a Fo in battle mode.

I use Srank scythe and Twin, this doesnt mean i am trying to replace the HU. I'll trade away a Daylight Scar for a Frozen shooter anyday.

But yes. A Ract can 'act' as a Huct, and also pull it off well. I have been in a number of games where the RAct though he was a HUct, and i found it annoying at best. berserk spam on a Cast with no Fo isnt something to wave around -_-;;;

Xer
Jun 8, 2006, 02:26 PM
Point made... grr...

Vetsent
Jun 8, 2006, 09:13 PM
Well,the Racast works better than most Hunters at meleeing,except the Hucast(where they come close)."Hunter-ing" with a Ra or Fo of any type is near impossible because they can't use all the weapons Hu can use.I think the word you meant to use was meleeing.

GrumblyStuff
Jun 8, 2006, 09:23 PM
Well, talking teamplay, Racasts might be good to tanking it out in the front lines (although I say give him a Spread Needle instead of some damn partisan). Solo? Negative. There's nothing that heals as quick as a Chain Sawd that's useable to a Racast.

BR0M
Jun 8, 2006, 10:38 PM
The main character i have now is a RAcast and I use either a Shot, Mechgun, or Halbert depending on the situation. Keyword there is the Halbert. I need that when i need to go into battle when playing with all forces and low levels. HUcast for a day lol.