PDA

View Full Version : GC: Caves and Ruins too boring to go through unless you've g

Xer
Jun 6, 2006, 09:20 PM
I have found myself falling asleep like 500000000000 times trying to get a new character through the caves and ruins. That's why my best friend quit playing... Anyone here know of Gren? From DC version? Probably not, like WAY back...

Nomahend
Jun 6, 2006, 09:56 PM
Eh. Run through as fast as possible. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ruins are nice.. but I hate caves... unless its in a TTF.

concussionman
Jun 6, 2006, 10:12 PM
I find that if I'm falling asleep while playing, I just go into a hallway or something and fall asleep. The game begins to lose its apeal quickly if you can't pay attention or if you don't want to play.

whiteninja
Jun 6, 2006, 11:35 PM
You just need to go fast. Then you will not get bored with all the walking. (Especially Ruins... I fail to see how that is boring.)

Kri
Jun 6, 2006, 11:39 PM
Caves... I hate going through.

I think they shouldnt have made caves as big as it is... But I guess the PSO makers wanted to make a pattern to have two in forest, then three levels to go in caves, then two in mines then three in Ruins....

TheyCallMeJoe
Jun 7, 2006, 12:35 AM
Well Ruins are fun because you get nice things there and because it's a bit more exciting (although Dark Gunners really annoy the hell out of me). Caves are just downright boring...I procrastinate going through and having to deal with De Ro Le.

Zarbolord
Jun 7, 2006, 03:54 AM
I agree... Caves is soooooooo boring. Ruins is once you have to do them three million times to get a Guld... But Caves, ugh... I think they don't have enough... detail? interaction? They're just too plain really... And the enemies are also pretty anoying.

Neith
Jun 7, 2006, 03:58 AM
Caves is ok, I don't mind it- though in Normal-VH it's a bore, same with any area.

Ruins is fun, I love it, it just looks a little aged now compared to Ep2.

Dana
Jun 7, 2006, 05:44 AM
>_> I enjoy ruins a lot. I mean, A LOT, i spend well over 700 hours there on GC. That and can run with with my eyes closed.

Run it as fast as i can? 24 minute? I call that fluent ruins.

Caves, heh, just been running those over and over for the last 2 days, and i am enjoying it. But to be honest, We run Caves 1 and 2, then mop-up#2, I dont enjoy caves 3. I just dont like it very much.

Hrith
Jun 7, 2006, 06:01 AM
Lost Ice Spinner, a Cave quest, is my favourite Episode 1 quest.

Ruins just owns.

whiteninja
Jun 7, 2006, 06:19 AM
On 2006-06-07 03:44, Dana_ranger wrote:
Caves, heh, just been running those over and over for the last 2 days, and i am enjoying it. But to be honest, We run Caves 1 and 2, then mop-up#2, I dont enjoy caves 3. I just dont like it very much.
Try doing (and finishing!) MU#2 with only a lv138 Fomar and a 135 Racast. That's a challenge. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Dana
Jun 7, 2006, 06:47 AM
On 2006-06-07 04:19, whiteninja wrote:
Try doing (and finishing!) MU#2 with only a lv138 Fomar and a 135 Racast. That's a challenge. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Heh, Fomrs suck and RActs are ugly, I have class.

And i know a kickass FOne. So. We'll see as Hucl and FOne ne?

[now just to get them to level 135]

Zarbolord
Jun 7, 2006, 07:19 AM
FOne? Or did you mean PHone? HUcl, like Hercules? No wait I'm confused! Hey, atleast spell FOmar right, they are my favorite class.
Lvl 135? My FOmar is 130 and kicks ass (ofcourse offline, but still, he does, and moslty meleeing...). But dudes, seriously, I think caves is boring to most of us because we do them alone (if someone plays with me, I'm having fun whatever the world we're in, caves included). I think it's more of a offline problem...

Jive18
Jun 7, 2006, 07:37 AM
I can't stand caves unless I'm going through via Addicting Food or Soul of a Blacksmith. Ruins, on the other hand, is one of the best areas in the game (including Ep. II).

GrumblyStuff
Jun 7, 2006, 08:15 AM
I generally avoid Caves unless I'm doing Addicting Foods or the Caves from Soul of a Blacksmith. Ruins are a bit more lively and has more exciting music.

Concussionman is on it though. Just go to bed if you're falling asleep (though I just quit when I do; no point in padding my characters' hours).

[edit]o_O

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GrumblyStuff on 2006-06-07 06:17 ]</font>

Dana
Jun 7, 2006, 08:39 AM
On 2006-06-07 05:19, Zarbolord wrote:
FOne? Or did you mean PHone? HUcl, like Hercules? No wait I'm confused! Hey, atleast spell FOmar right, they are my favorite class.
Lvl 135? My FOmar is 130 and kicks ass (ofcourse offline, but still, he does, and moslty meleeing...). But dudes, seriously, I think caves is boring to most of us because we do them alone (if someone plays with me, I'm having fun whatever the world we're in, caves included). I think it's more of a offline problem...

I generally believe most people will know what a Raml, Hucl, Huct, etc etc is. I see for you, i'll have to spell it out, like one does to a 5 year old.

Fone=FOnewearl. Quite obviouse >_>
Hucl=HUcaseal, again O_o? Why is this difficult for you to understand?

Heh, Anything is 'kick' ass offline. Seriously, I have run ruins as a FOml at 60, and seabed as a RAct below 90. >_> Offline is no challenge at all.

And as you have difficulty understanding. That was in Ult....or should i say Ultimate? Just for you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Corey
Jun 7, 2006, 09:34 AM
No need to be an ass now.
Anywho, back on topic, I'd say Caves is boring unless it's a quest...then it's usally okay. Ruins is pretty fun regardless though...for me anywho http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

DC_PLAYER
Jun 7, 2006, 09:53 AM
forest is always nice to do it
caves may be boring because i walk more, but it is my favorite zone
mines are boring due to the lack of enemy varaety (spelled wrong)
ruins is fun in any difficulty

Neith
Jun 7, 2006, 10:00 AM
On 2006-06-07 06:39, Dana_ranger wrote:
I generally believe most people will know what a Raml, Hucl, Huct, etc etc is. I see for you, i'll have to spell it out, like one does to a 5 year old.

Heh, Anything is 'kick' ass offline. Seriously, I have run ruins as a FOml at 60, and seabed as a RAct below 90. >_> Offline is no challenge at all.

And as you have difficulty understanding. That was in Ult....or should i say Ultimate? Just for you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Little harsh, you think?

There's a ton of character class abbreviations, maybe Zarbolord just hasn't heard them (like HUney, Hunny, HUnl for a HUnewearl..)

Anyway, I know I posted earlier, but I actually find Caves fun, provided there's enough enemies- like Lost Ice Spinner. Low enemy counts make Emo Kitty cry.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2006-06-07 08:00 ]</font>

Elek06
Jun 7, 2006, 12:20 PM
On 2006-06-07 06:39, Dana_ranger wrote:

Give him a break, some of them might be confusing for him. Besides, using abbreviations is a sign of laziness (I'm not saying I don't use them though...).

Anyway, I find caves 1 to be pretty boring... they seem longer than 1 and 2. Temple and Spaceship are pretty boring too. I think they should have made the "test" just two short quests where you're sent to episode 1 levels or something. Then they could have put some time into making two levels with new enemies, that were actually exciting...

RadiantLegend
Jun 7, 2006, 12:27 PM
Ruins is Awesome!

blace
Jun 7, 2006, 12:44 PM
I generally avoid caves unless its a quest but sometimes my brother and I find ourselves doing tedious tasks to open a door like finding a switch we ran past near the beginning and we were somewhere farther off. Ruins are more foreboding and much more lively.

xxTrystanxx
Jun 7, 2006, 03:38 PM
Am I the only person who dislikes Ruins? Or are we speaking only about Ultimate difficulties? Even though I do most of my leveling online, I do like to run through and unlock offline Ultimate if only because some items are just that much easier to hunt offline.
I find Ruins to be far too long, tedious, and I tend to avoid them until I KNOW that I can beat Falz. I don't even like hunting items in the Ruins if I don't have to. :

Dana
Jun 7, 2006, 04:43 PM
On 2006-06-07 13:38, xxTrystanxx wrote:
Am I the only person who dislikes Ruins? Or are we speaking only about Ultimate difficulties? Even though I do most of my leveling online, I do like to run through and unlock offline Ultimate if only because some items are just that much easier to hunt offline.
I find Ruins to be far too long, tedious, and I tend to avoid them until I KNOW that I can beat Falz. I don't even like hunting items in the Ruins if I don't have to. :

I dont like ruins as far as it goes for Offline GC, before ult. I run ep2 to get into ult, i prefer it much more.

But in Ult. I really enjoy Ruins http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif even after 700 hours+

GrumblyStuff
Jun 7, 2006, 06:39 PM
On 2006-06-07 13:38, xxTrystanxx wrote:
I find Ruins to be far too long, tedious, and I tend to avoid them until I KNOW that I can beat Falz.
I don't know if the Xbox version gets any game updates/fixes but there's big difference between PSO and PSO+ on the GC that helps make the Ruins bearable. Belras can't hit you with their arms unless you move in the way; they'll just go right by your sides if you stand still.

And it does make a difference with what character class and level. I don't like taking androids there much (HUs do alright with Chain Sawds) and FOs are a bit hard to use (still trying to figure out the proper procedures http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif ).

Lastly, I use to avoid DF too but I've got to get rid of all the scape dolls I find SOMEHOW beside selling them. Might as well get the 35k (offline solo; 50k offline multi) exp boost.

Nai_Calus
Jun 9, 2006, 07:24 PM
Caves is usually where I break down when I try to start a new character or continue one that's still stuck below Ult. *barf* So. Fscking. Boring. Even online it sucks crap. Blah music, blah environments for the most part(Parts of Cave 3 are tolerable visually, but bleeeeeeeh), blah enemies... No thanks.

Ruins is fun enough, though.

(Quit dissin' on Temple, yo, Temple pwns. Spaceship on the other hand... Blah!)

What really bogs me down is Seabed. Whoever thought that hallways a mile freaking long were a good idea needs to be smacked. >_>;

And enough with the goddamned FOmar hate.

xxTrystanxx
Jun 12, 2006, 10:08 PM
I don't know if the Xbox version gets any game updates/fixes but there's big difference between PSO and PSO+ on the GC that helps make the Ruins bearable. Belras can't hit you with their arms unless you move in the way; they'll just go right by your sides if you stand still.

Nope, you can still get nailed with an arm even if you don't move.

Zarbolord
Jun 13, 2006, 03:28 PM
I think you guys have misunderstood my 'pun'. Anyway I would just like to say in my defence that I knew exactly what you mean by those abreviations. I seriously prefer that you write them properly though as it makes the subjects look less serious and it kind of takes the mock of them. I some times wonder where people's brains have gone? Keep yourselves healthy guys, you never know when you'll start bluttering nonsense (did I just say that?). Just keep to the normal abreviations. I was just making a joke out of the ones you wrote. Proof is that I even wrote "atleast write FOmar properly", didn't see that did you? Anyway cheerio to you all, I hate caves, they give you the following expression aftewr doing them: O_O'

Eihwaz
Jun 13, 2006, 04:12 PM
Yeah, I don't know how many times I've fallen asleep trying to go through Caves. The boss fight at the end is always awesome, but getting there is such a chore. I basically like the way the level looks. It's not too exciting, but it's not like OH GOD MY EYES ARE BLEEDING. The music is quite dull, though.

The last time I played PSO (must've been over a month ago) I was totally into Ep2. >_>;

Rhelik
Jun 13, 2006, 04:43 PM
Ruins area is awesome. I think it's all because of the variety of monsters which different styles that keeps it going (EG annoying Delsabers, Gran Sorcs that have to die right away, Gunners, etc etc).

As for the Caves...it's not BAD....it's not GOOD... it's Eh...The only real threat down there are the Ob Lillies which are easily taken care of in such a huge area to run around in, unlike the Temple.

I usually run through the Caves if i'm solo Online after i do the Forest (Usually when i'm trying to keep the game open for some people to join rather than lock it with a Quest) or doing Lost Ice Spinner.

But as for leveling a new char... i go through the Caves as FAST as possible and don't look back.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rhelik on 2006-06-13 14:44 ]</font>

Ma_Navu
Jun 13, 2006, 05:42 PM
I honestly think that the caves are the most despised areas to venture through. And, to top it off, I hate them too! Da Ral Lie (Or however the hell you spell it) is a great boss, don't get me wrong, but the levels are just boring. The variety of enemies ain't so great, nor are their difficulties. The music's droll and boring, and the colors of the second and third caves (at least, from what I can remember) are depressing shades of blue and green. NOBODY LIKES TO FEEL SAD. XD

However, the ruins are mostly different; there's a plethora of different enemies, and some of 'em are fun to fight (Try fighting five Delsabers and a couple of Dark Bringers on your own; as Eric Cartman once said, "It's hella fun."). The music is somewhat up-beat, which helps me get in the mood to kill Arlans and Merlans, and the colors... well, at least they aren't depressing.

Vetsent
Jun 13, 2006, 07:40 PM
On 2006-06-07 01:58, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Caves is ok, I don't mind it- though in Normal-VH it's a bore, same with any area.

Ruins is fun, I love it, it just looks a little aged now compared to Ep2.

Yeah,the Ruins is nothing compared to the beauty(and length) of the SeaBed in Episode 2.I think the water designs in Episode 2 just look awesome.

I don't mind the Ruins when I'm with my Level 80 Hucast friend.It's nice because we are both Level 80 Androids(me,a Racast).But the Caves,well I agree for the most part.If you get really bored you can just watch and let a Nano Dragon kill every enemy in the room until it's massive and hulking.

Leviathan
Jun 14, 2006, 04:20 PM
Wow the Cave is SOOO BORING!!!!! (Its the atmosphere music and format except for the level 2 waterfall room.) I only go there for quest and to move on to the Mines.(CoOl!) However the Ruins music is a little meh... for me. I think the best place is Seabed and ALL Central Control areas (like the Jungle, Beach, that other place and the area before you fight Gal Gryphon.) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif ,but thats my opinion.

Zeig123
Jun 15, 2006, 12:23 PM
The caves bug me. I am trying to get some stuff out of them and it is such a boresfest *Snore*