PDA

View Full Version : Today, was fucktacular

REJ-
Jun 7, 2006, 12:04 AM
OMG

I don't know when it started, but a few weeks ago, I got depressed for a while. During that time, I couldn't work properly, and fell behind in most of my subjects. By trying to catch up, I lost a lot of sleep getting my late assignments in, and it also meany that the ones I was getting at the time had to be delayed. Doing those, meant that I would lose more sleep as well as losing time to work out, which is a bad thing since my mental capacity is determined by how much sleep and physical activity I get. Because of that, my ability to work and catch up on missed assignments is crippled and I fall even further behind. The downward spiral goes on and now, everything is over a week late, including my ISU's and I just found out that I failed the Grade 10 literacy test. I'm at my lowest point in several years, and it's really shitty.

Yesterday I decided that It was time to break the cycle. I acted sick for the second half of the day, and slept on the sick bad during the last class.
Phase 1 complete: My allibi had been established.

I took a nap when I got home to recover a bit more, then I told my mom that I didn't want to go to school today. When she asked why, I said that I wanted to take a day off to catch up on my sleep and late assignments.
Phase 2 complete: I have permission to stay home.

This is where it falls apart.

My plan was, to stay home and sleep in until 10:00, I would wake up well-rested then start working on everything until 8:00 when I would sleep again. I would wake up well-rested the next day and will have caught up on everything. It was flawless to the last detail:
The school wouldn't mind that I'm gone and think that I was home sick, because I was already feeling bad the previous day
All the assignments due that day wouldn't get marked down since I'm gone
The assignments that are handed out on that day, I would get exempted from
One ISU that was due last Wednesday that I couldn't hand in yesterday, I was getting a little forgiveness for since I was sick that afternoon
I had a presentation to do today, and hadn't even started to work on it, so I would have gotten it delayed until tomorrow, where I would have it done and ready
I would get most of my late assignments done and be able to catch up
And lastly, my sleep levels would be restored to normal, leaving me in better shape

I was in control of the situation, had the whole world on strings ready to be turned in whatever direction I wanted, but it all just blew away.

First fuck-up: Instead of being left to sleep in until I had gotten some good sleep, my mom wakes me up at the normal damned early time
Second fuck-up: My mom called the school and told them that I was staying home to do homework that was due today
Third fuck-up: She went back into my room woke me up again and told me that she called the school, and ended up wasting a good chunk of my time with her crazy talk about trying hard at school

That's all it took to screw the hell out of my plan. I was woken up too early, basically ended up passing out for 2 hours out of fatigue, trauma, and anger, woke up at 11:30 still tired. My work ability was still crippled, I got the ISU and presentation done, but nothing else. Since my allibi got fucked, I have no idea of what will happen when I get back.

OMFG

I have a bit of a back-up plan, but it's a bit risky. I'm gonna mix a bunch of drugs from our shelf, take them, then hope I get seriously ill as a result. It will re-establish my allibi, give me another day off, and get me a few pity points from everyone. I have no clue what could result from it though, hopefully a trip to the hospital. The current recipe is Acetaminophen, Robutussin(cough syrop), Tums tablets(the label says"warning, do not take within 2 hours of another medicine or effect could be altered" sounds promising), a "highly potent" stress tablet, concentrated lemon juice, and a bowl of sugar and salt to finish. If I'm right, it'll make me throw-up a while after eating it all, which is enough to get me out of there if I take it before going to school.

...I'm so fucked up right now... OMFGWTF

ABDUR101
Jun 7, 2006, 12:42 AM
You're a fucking retard if you're mixing drugs.

If you can't fake an illness to get out of school, you don't deserve the day off.

Zarode
Jun 7, 2006, 12:54 AM
REJ, I can understand where you are coming from with the fact on the make up work, but DO NOT MIX DRUGS. Ever. Yeah, you might get sick. To the point where you gotta go to the ER. Maybe that'll be enough days to work on those assignments, if you are even in a good enough condition to even lift your hand.

Meh, good luck with this now.

Balthor
Jun 7, 2006, 01:14 AM
Holy shit, you're a dumbass.

Just take one of something, if you wanna pop random pills.

REJ-
Jun 7, 2006, 01:15 AM
I've calmed down a lot now. Now that I actually think about it Mixing drugs is really stupid. I think I've reached a new low to have come up with something like that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

I just hope somthing turns up to fix this.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 7, 2006, 01:29 AM
Slow down.

Talk to your teachers or counselors after school, during appointments, after class, something.

Find a way to get caught up, get more leeway, talk to someone about your current path of schooling.

Falling behind is not fun. I had the same sort of deal in High School. Missing more days wouldn't necessarily help anyone, especially if you were drugged up with over the counter meds. You wouldn't have been in any position or state of mind to do any work under the influence.

REJ-
Jun 7, 2006, 01:41 AM
Heh, fuck this. I heard that summer-school is 10x easier than normal school, and I have nothing better to do during that time other than sleep, work out, and meditate. Modern education is evil http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Nixia
Jun 7, 2006, 01:46 AM
On 2006-06-06 23:41, REJ- wrote:
Heh, fuck this. I heard that summer-school is 10x easier than normal school, and I have nothing better to do during that time other than sleep, work out, and meditate. Modern education is evil http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Depends on what type of course you're taking; remedial, transition or full credit. Remember, it's an entire subject that you would otherwise spend half or the whole year learning condensed into one month, so don't expect it to be a walk in the park. And, if you're absent 3 times, you're out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nixia on 2006-06-06 23:48 ]</font>

REJ-
Jun 7, 2006, 02:11 AM
I'm refering to a remedial course. One of my classmates took that kind and boosted one of his marks from around 50-60 to past 80, and found that it offered a lot more freedom than normal school. He plans to take another course this summer, so it seems like a good idea.

I just hate school as a whole, the modern system to be specific. IMO it doesn't make you smarter. Schools are designed to encourage obedience and conformity. It might make you more informed but not smarter. Will it make you rich? Not how I see it. It'll get you a job and a career but I believe wealth is made by other characteristics than how many degrees you hold. True knowledge comes form childlike curiousity and the desire to explore the world, not from a sylabus which some guy thinks you should learn.

KodiaX987
Jun 7, 2006, 05:12 AM
Summer school? I did summer school once when I moved from Ontario back to Quebec. I had to take a math class to be eligible to college.

I studied nonstop from 8:00 AM to 11:00 PM each day, there was only one exam, it was the final, and if you fucked that up, your entire class didn't mean shit.

Catch up and save the furniture. It's gonna be a lot easier than having to waste your summer away on school.

darthsaber9x9
Jun 7, 2006, 06:19 AM
On 2006-06-07 00:11, REJ- wrote:

I just hate school as a whole, the modern system to be specific. IMO it doesn't make you smarter. Schools are designed to encourage obedience and conformity. It might make you more informed but not smarter. Will it make you rich? Not how I see it. It'll get you a job and a career but I believe wealth is made by other characteristics than how many degrees you hold. True knowledge comes form childlike curiousity and the desire to explore the world, not from a sylabus which some guy thinks you should learn.

I hear that a lot from people your age and let me tell you now: it's a load of shit. All this "true knowledge" rubbish and how school doesn't teach you anything. Lemme tell you now; there's people elsewhere in the world that are dying to receive an education of your standard.

People say what you say but I don't see how it could be any other way. It's a sad fact of life that money makes the world go round. I agree that wealth isn't all about money. But I would like to think that school has developed my social skills and helped me make friends and THAT is what will make life worth living, more so than the degree I'll be getting in 4 years time (I start uni this year). And I tell you what, the "syllabus that some guy wants you to learn" sure as fuck helped the doctors, nurses and other medical staff that might save your life, and I'll be damned if they'd learn that from "childlike curiosity" and "exploring the world"

Oh and obedieance and conformity? You'd be suprised how important that is in the real world, and you'd be suprised how many people need to be taught a bit of obedieance.

I dunno, maybe your school system is radically different to mine (I'm in the UK) but if it's anything like mine then I say be glad that you're receiving your education.

PJ
Jun 7, 2006, 06:34 AM
Amen, Darthsaber.

Schools aren't designed to make you smarter? What are they for then? All school is is current events now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

And last I checked, wealth, as in, a whole lot of money, is earned by a working a job, and they like to hire people with diplomas.

InfinityXXX
Jun 7, 2006, 09:01 AM
Just don't go mixing up drugs and stuff.>.< (only advice I can give)

darthsaber9x9
Jun 7, 2006, 09:13 AM
On 2006-06-07 07:01, InfinityXXX wrote:
Just don't go mixing up drugs and stuff.>.< (only advice I can give)

That too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

merrycherry9
Jun 7, 2006, 05:29 PM
Yes please dont mix drugs. . . dont even take any medicine that you dont need. It can harm you for life and if you mix the wrong drugs you could possibly die. Trust me, ive seen it before. Also, the whole catching up in school thing is very tough, but try going after school to get some help from teachers. I know that school isnt exactly the biggest party. . . but you have to get through it the best you can. Then after you have a job and are doing well in life, you'll be thanking your teachers. I wish you good luck in catching up in school ^.^

REJ-
Jun 7, 2006, 05:49 PM
Today is over, and it wasn't even 1/200th as bad as I thought it would have been

Can anyone say overreacted http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

merrycherry9
Jun 7, 2006, 05:58 PM
On 2006-06-07 15:49, REJ- wrote:
Today is over, and it wasn't even 1/200th as bad as I thought it would have been

Can anyone say overreacted http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

lol ok thats good.

REJ-
Jun 7, 2006, 06:35 PM
That's the second time I've overreacted really badly. The first time was when I pushed someone through a wall, and had to pay for the wall. It turns out that it only costed 48$ which was covered by my student credit. After this second time, I think I learned my lesson.

"Life is the hardest teacher, for she gives the test first, and the lesson after"

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 7, 2006, 07:02 PM
Teachers are people too.

They'll certainly appreciate you speaking up to say you have troubles and sympathize with your situation more than you might think.

I've been around some cool teachers in High School. But if I never spoke up I would've never known what kind of people they were.

Charmander02
Jun 7, 2006, 07:03 PM
Chillakz, the years almost done.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 7, 2006, 07:06 PM
On 2006-06-07 17:03, Charmander02 wrote:

If he isn't passing as of now, there is that running out of time to mend his grades problem.

He mentioned a 10th grade proficiency test.

In my state now there's High School exit exams which are very controversial. Don't pass, no diploma regardless of all the required courses and credits completed by Senior year's end.

Charmander02
Jun 7, 2006, 07:11 PM
On 2006-06-07 17:06, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

On 2006-06-07 17:03, Charmander02 wrote:

If he isn't passing as of now, there is that running out of time to mend his grades problem.

He mentioned a 10th grade proficiency test.

In my state now there's High School exit exams which are very controversial. Don't pass, no diploma regardless of all the required courses and credits completed by Senior year's end.

It's like that here too.

Dont worry he'll pass.

He'll just have to PWN the exams.

REJ-
Jun 7, 2006, 07:20 PM
I just found out I'm passing all of my courses, some with good marks. Exams are my strong point as well. "Destiny has chosen to alter the path of time"

navci
Jun 8, 2006, 01:02 PM
On 2006-06-07 04:19, darthsaber9x9 wrote:
Lemme tell you now; there's people elsewhere in the world that are dying to receive an education of your standard.

....But I would like to think that school has developed my social skills and helped me make friends and THAT is what will make life worth living, more so than the degree I'll be getting in 4 years time (I start uni this year). And I tell you what, the "syllabus that some guy wants you to learn" sure as fuck helped the doctors, nurses and other medical staff that might save your life, and I'll be damned if they'd learn that from "childlike curiosity" and "exploring the world"

Oh and obedieance and conformity? You'd be suprised how important that is in the real world, and you'd be suprised how many people need to be taught a bit of obedieance.

Summarized abit and QFT.

I found it interesting always that kids in North American school system complain about how you have to obey and conform. And I have seen a few different school system at work and the NA system is the most relax one so far. Call your teacher by name? Talk back? Eat in class? No uniform? No calling/meeting with your parents everytime something happens? etc etc.

You really are allowed to do a lot of stuff. And are alloted quite a bit of free time. When you think about it, Asian kids go to school from 8 to 15. Then they go to night school for preparation of important public exams from 16 to very likely 21. That's it. Every day. For as long as they stay in school. Stress? Yes. Pressure? Yes. Free time at all? Not really.

I went off topic.
All I am trying to tell you is that, don't take you able to go to school for granted. And it really isn't that bad. Everything is relative, you just need to know what you are comparing with.

Good luck!