PDA

View Full Version : Demon Laser 40% hit or Frozen Shooter?

wufiei
Jun 7, 2006, 09:25 AM
I'm personally finding the Demon Laser with high hit to be very useful but I want to hear what everyone else thinks. BTW, I'm using this on my Ramarl.

GrumblyStuff
Jun 7, 2006, 09:53 AM
BOTH.

Neith
Jun 7, 2006, 09:57 AM
On 2006-06-07 07:53, GrumblyStuff wrote:
BOTH.

Agreed, there's no real need to use one or the other. For tough enemies, freeze them then Demon's away, ya?

GrumblyStuff
Jun 7, 2006, 10:59 AM
Although... if you're playing online, taking only one weapon to prevent all your unequipped ones from being FSODed is probably a smart thing to do. If that's the case, FS all the way.

Neith
Jun 7, 2006, 11:15 AM
Yeah, in the case of GC (dont know about XB) online, sometimes it might be best to take one weapon. Clearly, a Froozer is more useful in more situations, so I'd choose that if this is the case.

RadiantLegend
Jun 7, 2006, 12:29 PM
I'd equip the demon laser because the Fs is pipeable.

Jaspaller
Jun 7, 2006, 04:10 PM
I haven't really played a RAmarl before but here's my two cents on this.

If you are on a high level and have high ATP then I suggest the Frozen shooter and lower levels/ATP would be the Demon laser. Since the Demon laser can actually miss with the special sometimes anyways you may end up having to do 2 combo's instead of completing it in just one. The FS has some good power on it but the Demon's laser is great for the high HP enemies (Pan arms, Baranz, Belras, etc.)

Personally I use a Frozen shooter over the many demon weapons I have laying around the bank.

Dana
Jun 7, 2006, 04:37 PM
Different uses, so use both.

FS rarely/never leaves my Set-up, and i almost always have either my Srank Shot (demons) or Bringer's rifle.

A 40 hit demons laser is nice. It depends on your style and what you are trying to do. PW4 as support or PW4 trying to speed.

Of course, you can do both, as long as you know which is more important where and when.

I say if you have to chose. FS is more important, but only in some areas. Demons laser just pwns.

xxTrystanxx
Jun 7, 2006, 04:40 PM
The risk of FSOD on Xbox is not nearly as high as it is on GC if only because hackers can't purposely FSOD you on Xbox. However, it DOES still happen.

Most of the time I carry more than one weapon -- Froozer, Spread Needle, and a Justy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Genoa
Jun 8, 2006, 02:56 PM
Special abilities, their accuracy, and whether or not they have reductions is what matters when it comes to most weapons. You can easily find ways to avoid the requirement of high ATP weapons as long as the special is effective and the accuracy is high. As mentioned, Freeze then Demon... that's a good strategy. Spread Needle on a ra-droid can be incredibly effective on it's ability to paralyze many targets. It all depends on your character class, weapon ATA and it's special, and how to use your techs/traps to benefit the situation. Episode 2 and 4 for example... you can spam Hell / Megid attacks all over the place and be very effective... so usually i'll bring some type of insta-kill weapon with me to epi 4 for the stupid lizards >_>
Demons and Devils is great of mid-boss enemies like Gibbles and Delbiter, etc.. etc...
Frozen Shooter as well, but it can also just get you out of a mess of targets when you freeze t hem as they approach you. Sure it only hits one target, but when you freeze one, another enemy will walk infront of it and you're very likely to auto-target onto them during your combo. Snow Queen is nice in some situations too >_> if you can get the PB for it... and i'd have an FS with my SQ too... so i'd try to get 2 >_> it's not that hard.
And standard weapons are so unappreciated by most players out there >_> many too n00b to think that something that isn't in a red box can be more effective than their ubber high ATP smashing weapons >_> Sure, it would be nice to have a Meteor Smash with 50% hit, but chances are... you'll find a Giest Arms with 50% way before that >_> and it's still quite nifty.

Hrigg
Jun 8, 2006, 06:49 PM
I would carry around both.