PDA

View Full Version : How rare is a hildtorr exactly?

D_Dark
Jun 7, 2006, 02:45 PM
Reason i asked is for 11 hours solid (no exaggeration) i was constantly going on ULT forest (forest of sorrow) trying to find one yesterday and didnt even spot 1!

Im looking for a rare drop off one and i have a 1/22 chance of getting it.. if its going to take about 12 hours solid to find one to get nothing and then another 12 to find another then flippin eck this is gonna take a long time!!

Is there an easier way to get the hildtorr to show his face or do i just have to keep at it or take the easy way out and trade for the rare

Dhylec
Jun 7, 2006, 02:55 PM
It's commonly known & agreed that rare versions appear around 1/512 chance.

TheStoicOne
Jun 7, 2006, 02:59 PM
Lemme guess, Iritista, ay? Do you know about the telepipe trick? (feels wierd for saying this) well what you do is, you get to a room where there are a high number of normal variations of the monster you wanna see.( for example if I wanna see a Pal rappy I go to the room with the most Rappies that I know of) Next you make sure your far enough away from the monsters, in this case its very important because torrs cast Megid. So you make sure the distance is enough then you set up a telepipe, go up to Pioneer 2, then retake the pipe back to forest2. Rinse and repeat and this should take less than elleven hours for sure. And make sure your doing this offline because when you go up to pioneer, and then back, the monster data resets, thats why this trick is possible. Oh yeah just to clear up any confusion DO NOT KILL THEM, until you see a rare variation of the monster you want.

now on another note.

I can't believe that you went eleven hours on the game! LOL!

D_Dark
Jun 7, 2006, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the replies, spesh Stoic.

Yeah, after the first 3 hours it wernt to bad but started to get a bit boring but cus i kept thinking 'if i quit now im going to miss him for sure cus i bet its on the next run i see him' i just couldnt stop.. my ass wrecked afterwards and my eyes felt proper dry.

Ive been about since beta and heard alot about this offline mode but never come across it and never bothered to ask.. this basically just one person mode? Sounds like a perfect trick for right at the end of forest 2 cus 3 spawn then another 1 and then another 2.

Oh, and its the syncesta im after.. next ive got to try and fight loads of red sinows :/

Nomahend
Jun 7, 2006, 03:26 PM
uhh D_Dark... you cant Pipe in BB at all. Only on the consoles

D_Dark
Jun 7, 2006, 03:32 PM
You've lost me there bud, what you mean cus you can use pipes on BB, like from forest to get to pioneer 2

Rhelik
Jun 7, 2006, 03:44 PM
He means use the pipe trick in BB since the monster data doesnt reset like single player in say the GC (i guess, i dont play BB).

Neith
Jun 7, 2006, 04:18 PM
Yeah, rare monsters can't be spawned in BB using the Telepipe Trick. Your best bet is to just run Forest of Sorrow. Over and over again. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

It's generally agreed that all rare monsters (except Kondrieu) are 1/512. Kondrieu is assumed to be 1/10, reaching a possible 1/5 through running PoD over and over. Kond's rate resets every month though, so just use 1/10.

Hildetorr is meant to be 1/512- there aren't many Hildelts though in quests (except Rappy's Holiday, which takes a while to get sorted). I think there's about 16 in FoS. Compare that to the 47 Rappies in Fake in Yellow, and you should see why 'torr doesn't show his ugly face very often.

D_Dark
Jun 7, 2006, 04:30 PM
Cheers for clearing that up.. if its deffo the 1/512 then that should mean ive got one coming up very soon.. just gonna have to cross my fingers and hope that thats the one who's carrying my rare else its going to mean having to do around 22 12hour runs

Charmander02
Jun 7, 2006, 06:29 PM
Not too hard to find, if piping it should take you less than an hour to find one.

Ryna
Jun 7, 2006, 06:33 PM
If you are playing Blue Burst, the best way to look for Hildetorrs is just to keep doing runs of Forest of Sorrow. One will eventually turn up if you keep doing it. On the consoles, you can either use the piping trick or keep running the quest I mentioned.

D_Dark
Jun 7, 2006, 06:40 PM
On 2006-06-07 16:29, Charmander02 wrote:
Not too hard to find, if piping it should take you less than an hour to find one.

Yup but it seems that trick doesnt work with PC version of BB.. the double cannon better be worth my trouble after

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: D_Dark on 2006-06-07 16:42 ]</font>

GrumblyStuff
Jun 7, 2006, 06:43 PM
¬_¬

In before "Get a Black King Bar."

TheStoicOne
Jun 7, 2006, 08:57 PM
Sorry D!! >.> Didn't know you were on BB!! (OOPS next time I'll let someone else handle it) I made you spend 3 hours on pipng a room over and over, geez my bad!!

Saffran
Jun 8, 2006, 03:34 AM
I fear the double cannon might not live up to your expectations. Seriously, stick with the untekked Lavis.
As for Hildetorrs, I have 61 Bluefull FoS runs done and 3 Torrs spotted, at run 51, 58 and 60! This is absolutely not serious ST http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
Incidentally, if you have good friends, you can try doing a 4 ppl Rappies Holidays which should take longer, but has over 70 Hildebears in a short span of time.

zandra117
Jun 8, 2006, 02:05 PM
Ive never seen a Hildetorr. Im level 138 and I play ULT forest all the time.

DroolinBuddie
Jun 8, 2006, 04:09 PM
ive seen hildetorr 5 times O_O"
<_<" i guess im lucky?, i bet u guys seen it more than me though....-_-"

GrumblyStuff
Jun 8, 2006, 04:16 PM
I've seen a few 'torrs. Seen, maybe, 10 with my Yellowboze (mostly piping mine you), 3-4ish with my Redria, and got a Kamui from a Ep2 Viridia 'torr during a Temple run.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GrumblyStuff on 2006-06-08 14:18 ]</font>

valhallanator
Jun 12, 2006, 12:28 AM
Does this telepipe trick work with ryuker and on multiplayer?

BlackDarkFalz
Jun 15, 2006, 09:40 AM
Have you done the math!!!! The odds of you picking up the item on the next Hilde you see is 11264 to 1! And that isn't the half of it! Once I was going for a 12 to 1 odds item and it took me killing the monster about 20 times! Do you really think the item is worth this much gameplay???

Dhylec
Jun 15, 2006, 10:49 AM
Does this telepipe trick work with ryuker and on multiplayer?
If it's offline, yes, it'll work. Actually, it might be even better, since there are more enemies in multi-mode.

Phazer
Jun 17, 2006, 01:39 AM
if you would like to get help from friends Lost Heat Sword is good, also if you want to you can do TTF to the dragon for 4 hildelts in under 10min

Saffran
Jun 17, 2006, 05:27 AM
also if you want to you can do TTF to the dragon for 4 hildelts in under 2 min

Corrected.

hiraisho
Jun 26, 2006, 01:13 PM
Heh the other day my sister and I were playing multiplayer mode offline. She had just gotten her hunter to lv 82 so she could acess Ultimate mode. I got onto my lv 131 hunter and we went to the forest. I todl her not to worry. Nothing here can utterly pwn me any more. We go though just fine. Then we reach forest 2. Then I start joking how we still have never seen a Hildetorr. Then one spawns right in front of me. It didnt click to me for a sec that it was a torr. Then when I got hit and lost about 550 HP (half my HP bar) and got knocked down, I was like HOLY #$$% ITS A TORR. I was basicly spamming resta the whole fight getting in 1 maybe 2 attacks between resta. There were also 2 very annoying Tollaws in the room too. Their attacks wernt huting that badly but they were making things more difficult. My sister adventually died cause 1 Tollaw chased her down and killed her. She was out of range so I couldnt raise her. If I moved awya from the toor I knew id be Megided and with the Tollaws getting in my way I wouldnt be able to dodge. she told me dont worry bot her and kill it. I died once but thank god for a scape doll I had on me. Finnaly killed it and...... Club+2 drop! lmao. Oh well it was a hell of a fun battle.

-Crokar-
Jun 26, 2006, 01:23 PM
that rappy holiday quest has alot of hildelts in the forest 2 part. we ran into one last night got a frozen shooter

PSOPRINCE
Jun 26, 2006, 02:23 PM
ahh the old telepipe trick it doesnt always take less than an hour i piped for like for 3 and found one easier with more rewards if i did runs however i got stiffed 3 hours worth of runs dropped a scepter http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Diricos
Jun 26, 2006, 02:32 PM
Well, since you already have your answer, I'll tell a story ^_^ I was doing the Letter from Lionel quest looking for a Hildetorr and then at the part when 3 come down, I found one on my first try lol. I got a Red Saber from it.