PDA

View Full Version : Still not sure what race will suit me.

Marks
Jun 7, 2006, 04:18 PM
I'll be hunter for sure because in most games I play I like being melee. I always played HUmar because I can melee most of the time, heal myself with resta, and mess around with the pretty techniques(even though they didn't help much with the damage). I think the main reason I played HUmar over HUcast was resta. So I guess beast...?

Atayin
Jun 7, 2006, 04:26 PM
I'll be choosing beast because I liked my HUcast so much. If you're a melee fanatic, beast will probably be the way to go. Transformations look pretty wicked, too.

Sha_Hua
Jun 7, 2006, 05:04 PM
Looks like forces will be the only class that can cast resta.

For a hunter the best choice will be beast or human.
Beast have good stats for melee dps.
Humans have good all round stats.
For stats look at: http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2430

Probably best to choose if you have played the game a bit to see what race fits your style the most. I recommend just waiting till the game is released make 2 hunters and play with both for a few hours and go on with the race you like most.

DurakkenX
Jun 7, 2006, 05:51 PM
Best hunter class race goes like dis...
1. beast
2. cast
3. human
3. newman

but beast and cast may actually be reversed as some of the stats that make beast better don't really matter >.>

RoninJoku
Jun 7, 2006, 05:54 PM
Which do you like more-SUV Weapons? or Nanoblasts?

And if that doesn't decide for you, how about this-Accuracy? or Power?

Or you can be an underdog and go Human or even Newman

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RurouniJoku on 2006-06-07 15:55 ]</font>

Sev
Jun 7, 2006, 06:02 PM
On 2006-06-07 15:54, RurouniJoku wrote:
Which do you like more-SUV Weapons? or Nanoblasts?

And if that doesn't decide for you, how about this-Accuracy? or Power?

Or you can be an underdog and go Human or even Newman

Why do I have to be an underdog? I'm pretty awesome if I do say so myself.

Be the character you can stand to look at the most. Because that's the REAL endgame battle. Good luck playing if you hate looking at your character haha.

Polly
Jun 7, 2006, 06:45 PM
Good luck playing if you hate looking at your character haha.

Someone said it earlier and I think it was true. Sometimes people are just stat whores and the look doesn't matter. If the best armor in the game was a giant diaper on the person's head, I'm sure they'd probably wear it simply because it's the best statistic-wise. xP

Ferali
Jun 7, 2006, 08:26 PM
This time around, there isn't really a class that looks amazingly bad (no more FOnewm costume!). So stats probably move up a rank in my book over looks... everyone looks equally acceptable >_>.

justinbrady
Jun 7, 2006, 08:35 PM
[/quote]

Be the character you can stand to look at the most. Because that's the REAL endgame battle. Good luck playing if you hate looking at your character haha.

[/quote]

i agree. once you decide what class you wanna be. the stats arent gonna be enough to make you play some char you think looks retarted. i need to know how the class switching is gonna work before i decide. if its penalty free and just costs meseta ill prob be a human...but if it hell to switch back and forth i am gonna be a beast hunter.

avai
Jun 7, 2006, 08:42 PM
All I can say is function over form.

zandra117
Jun 7, 2006, 09:39 PM
If you like swapping between hunter and force go beast. because according to the basic stats in the beta:

Best Hunters are.
1.Beast
2.Cast
3.Human
4.Newman

Best Forces are.
1.Newman
2.Beast
3.Human
4.Cast

Best Rangers are.
1.Cast
2.Newman
3.Human
4.Beast

Humans are stuck at #3 for all classes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-06-07 19:40 ]</font>

Nika
Jun 7, 2006, 09:50 PM
I think if you wanna cast Resta you should choose Newman or Human as a Hunter, because there will have magic sword at the future which let you cast tech. beast/cast may have too low tap with Hu

zandra117
Jun 7, 2006, 09:54 PM
Where did you get info about a magic sword? I say Magic Sword = BS, It would make it too unbalanced.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-06-07 19:54 ]</font>

xMutex
Jun 7, 2006, 10:02 PM
If the best armor in the game was a giant diaper on the person's head, I'm sure they'd probably wear it simply because it's the best statistic-wise. xP

If there was item for diaper on head I'd probably wear it to just for something to look at and laugh not all the time but ya it'd be pretty cool lol. but not sure how characters work so if i can I'd like to make like cast: ranger, human: hunter, newman: force, & and then mabe if still has room for more like another hunter but beast just because. Its all dependant on the mood but for the most part I'd use which ever one i prefered most http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Dre_o
Jun 7, 2006, 10:14 PM
On 2006-06-07 19:39, zandra117 wrote:
Best Hunters are.
1.Beast
2.Cast
3.Human
4.Newman

Best Forces are.
1.Newman
2.Beast
3.Human
4.Cast

I have to doubt the full integrity of this statement. First, it said Casts were proficient with guns, not swords. Also, I can almost guarantee that Beasts are NOT the second best force. Beasts have trouble concentrating, they would not do as Forces.

Stat wise perhaps, but we don't know anything besides stats right now.

hypersaxon
Jun 8, 2006, 12:27 AM
Just be one of each race. I believe it's confirmed that you can have at least 4 characters on an account, so if you really can't decide then just be all of them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kyuu
Jun 8, 2006, 01:27 AM
On 2006-06-07 19:39, zandra117 wrote:
If you like swapping between hunter and force go beast. because according to the basic stats in the beta:

Best Hunters are.
1.Beast
2.Cast
3.Human
4.Newman

Best Forces are.
1.Newman
2.Beast
3.Human
4.Cast

Best Rangers are.
1.Cast
2.Newman
3.Human
4.Beast

Humans are stuck at #3 for all classes.
Actually, Best Forces are:
1) Newman
2) Human
3) Beast
4) Cast

This assumes you're going exclusively by statistics. So humans aren't stuck at #3 for all classes. Me, I'm probably going to try out a newman hunter, newman ranger, human force, and cast hunter (if my newman ends up not working out). Although I do really want to try out a female beast, the nanoblast is just so damn smexy. >< Gah, so hard to choose.

Tycho
Jun 8, 2006, 03:00 AM
Why not try all races, then decide which character you'd like best? You could always still just switch the classes of the ones you don't like as Hunters.

OdinTyler
Jun 8, 2006, 09:55 AM
Actually, I think Humans are now the 2nd best Hunters with their overall higher evasion, etc, making Casts 3rd & Beasts 4th. Also for Forces, Humans are again 2nd, right after Newmen, with Beasts 3rd & Casts 4th (due to the lowest MST). As for Rangers, Casts 1st, I believe (tho I could be wrong) Humans 2nd, Newmen 3rd, & Beasts 4th (due to the lowest accuracy).

But, that's just based on stats. Personally, I'm still waiting to see if anyone's brave (or silly) enough to try unique combos. I'm sure they'd still be good chars anyway.

Kyuu
Jun 8, 2006, 10:27 AM
Whoa, casts and beasts 3rd and 4th for Hunter? What are you smokin'? o_0 Beasts are definitely #1 for hunter, and casts are number two because they have more ATP, ATA, and HP than humans, which are the primary Hunter stats.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-06-08 08:27 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Jun 8, 2006, 10:35 AM
Oops, damn cigs. I wasn't paying attention, sorry. I'll correct myself:

Hunters:
1. Beast
2. Human
3. Cast
4. Newman

Humans overall edge out casts because of higher evasion (especially when you factor in gender). As has been said, evasion helps your def. High HP or not, Humans have a slight advantage this time. Still, you can debate Human or Cast to hold the 2 & 3 spots, respectively.

Again, sorry. I wasn't paying attention earlier. LOL That's what I get for doing a couple things at once. Don't worry, I'll be having a Human Hunter/Force & a Beast Hunter as my 1st 2 chars so I'll be able to enjoy what both have to offer.

Marks
Jun 8, 2006, 10:38 AM
Damn so beasts will suck with guns huh... I liked playing around with machine guns on my HUmar too. I guess humans get the versatility of alternate playing styles while beasts get the rampaging super melee powers, which is the point of being a hunter anyway...hmm... I guess I'll see which one looks cooler.

OdinTyler
Jun 8, 2006, 10:45 AM
Remember, just because a race isn't as proficient, doesn't mean you CAN'T play as a particular type. It's just not as recommended. If you wanted to be a Beast ranger, go ahead. My beast will be using handguns as an offhanded wep. Idk if I'll try to get some accuracy for him, but, I'm still gonna do it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Besides, every class in PSO could use a handgun. How hard could it be? LOL

xMutex
Jun 8, 2006, 03:17 PM
best statistic wise doesn't meen you have to play it, what ever one you want to play, play it and enjoy yourself http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

OdinTyler
Jun 8, 2006, 03:18 PM
Stop copying me. I already said that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DurakkenX
Jun 8, 2006, 04:53 PM
Dude...evasion on PSO and PSU is a waste >.> if you're skilled you should be the one evading...not realying on stats...It's a useless stat.

Elumny
Jun 8, 2006, 07:20 PM
Humans just seem well rounded to me, so I'm going with a Humar Hunter probably. Just going to experiment at first.

Elumny
Jun 8, 2006, 07:21 PM
On 2006-06-08 17:20, Elumny wrote:
Humans just seem well rounded to me, so I'm going with a Human Hunter probably. Just going to experiment at first.

zandra117
Jun 8, 2006, 08:20 PM
On 2006-06-08 14:53, DurakkenX wrote:
Dude...evasion on PSO and PSU is a waste >.> if you're skilled you should be the one evading...not realying on stats...It's a useless stat.

you say that now until you get boxed in by the enemy and end up blocking all the enemys attacks making you unable to attack because you didn't raise your evasion.

DurakkenX
Jun 9, 2006, 02:30 PM
if you have skill that shouldn't happen

Oji_Retta
Jun 9, 2006, 02:32 PM
I've never been boxed in with the mobs lol. Maybe a few times when I first played, but after that I learned my lesson. You must maneuver.

OdinTyler
Jun 9, 2006, 03:14 PM
It's easier said than done. In PSU they're far more persistent. Not only do they chase you for longer, but, if you get left alone, expect to get surrounded quickly. You can have skill & take out enemies, but, to think you'll not need higher stats in various areas to help you compensate, you're only fooling yourself.