PDA

View Full Version : Ok, this is now pissing me off.

Blue-Hawk
Jun 8, 2006, 12:34 AM
Just a few things that are REALLY pissing me off lately.
Yes, most of these are about online gaming.
Yes, the only one I can play is Guild Wars/Factions because I have no way to pay for others, but that's not what's pissing me off.
What's pissing me off now is-

1- People can NOT play anymore. Not a single person knows how to run a build in PvE or an original build in PvP. PUG'S really suck. Everyone runs a moron build and PvP, they all run the same cookie-cutter builds that takes absolutly no effort to learn.

2- The player base. Is it me, or is the player base of any online game beconing even more illiterate and immature every day? I see more than my share of 'Hey baby', or 'LETS ALL HAVE THE LAYDIEZ DANCE NEKKID!' Yes, I run all female characters. Why? Because I choose to. Yet 94% of these people have to think you are a real girl playing them and HAVE to try and hit on you. My GOD! It's enough to make you want to find them all and kill them. And they never let up! Even when you yell at them to stop, they follow you around untill you leave or change areas. And lets not forget the two most over-used and ANNOYING words out there- 'pwn' and 'teh'. It's not enough to be that annoying, you have to constantly use those spellings of the words? AND STOP WITH THE FUCKING SHORTHAND, ALREADY!

3- Discrminatory teams. Forget trying to get into teams these days if you don't use voice chat programs. I mean, don;t get me wrong. I'd use them if people on the other end weren;t those whiney, immature and annoying assholes on the other end. Worst part is, they constantly want YOU to talk to them. I HATE TALKING ON THOSE HEADSETS! And I can NOT stand whiney and immature brats that demand that you have them to be on a team. If I wa tot talk to whiney and immature bastards like them, I'll go to the fucking mall.

4- Non-gaming one. Idiots and discriminatory people altogether. This says it all.

5- Best one yet- Religious people that HAVE to go around spouting their words of wisdom and trying to convert you to their all powerful and only religion out there. This is one of the reasons I stopped believing in religion, and let me tell you, I have never felt better about anything. If I get any more people that try and convert me, I WILL make their testicles my personal property.

6- People that HAVE to show public affection towards the opposite sex. Oh man. This is one area that seriously pisses me off. That and people that just HAVE to post their relationship troubles on message boards for all the world to read. One reason I'm glad I don't put stock in an eratic emotional state of mind.

I guess you could say that the whole of humanity and it's non-stop continuence of stupidity and useless ideals and items it constantly comes up with just pisses me off.

There. I said it and I regret nothing about anything that's been posted here. I know I'm bound to insult people with this, but you know what? Those that take insult can just go and fuck yourselves.

Solstis
Jun 8, 2006, 12:52 AM
There's nothing wrong with a little bit of erotic behavior. Self-pleasure is also very important, as it tends to allow you to become intimate with one's self.

Now the question of self is an interesting one. Since I tend to absorb and modify the personalities of those I meet, especially those that I am close to, I do wonder if I really can claim to be unique. Then again, it is probably impossible for a person to accumulate the exact same ideals, expressions, and quirks that someone else has, thus I would be somewhat unique.

Oh, and what's wrong with short hands? Just because I have short fingers doesn't mean that I'm less of a person.

And, huh, people can't play anymore? Hey, pimpin' ain't easy.

Dek
Jun 9, 2006, 01:55 PM
On 2006-06-07 22:34, Blue-Hawk wrote:
3- Discrminatory teams. Forget trying to get into teams these days if you don't use voice chat programs. I mean, don;t get me wrong. I'd use them if people on the other end weren;t those whiney, immature and annoying assholes on the other end. Worst part is, they constantly want YOU to talk to them. I HATE TALKING ON THOSE HEADSETS! And I can NOT stand whiney and immature brats that demand that you have them to be on a team. If I wa tot talk to whiney and immature bastards like them, I'll go to the fucking mall.

I was ready to do a Tombs run with a group with my Necromancer. Surprisingly, I was kicked out just because I didn't have Factions, let alone the Flesh Golem elite.

So if you thought discrimination against players was bad by your example, think again. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

DizzyDi
Jun 9, 2006, 03:13 PM
Welp. I'd have to say that 2 is partly your fault, and the developer's fault. Your fault for choosing female characters. You shoulda known people were gunna hit on you. WELCOME TO THE INTERNETS. Thats like going to a club, wearing skimpy clothing and not expecting dhudes to stare at you. Its the developer's fault for giving the female characters such huge jubblies, and massive amounts of cleavage.

And number 6, you're just gunna have to deal with that. If people are in love are even in LIKE, they're gunna show public affection for one another. Whats so wrong with that anyway? You'd rather have them hide it? C'mon now, really. If people decide to post thier troubles on forums, well ya know what? You don't have to read it, GASP!! They post thier troubles cause they need to get it off thier chest, and possibly they're looking for some advice.

Really, it sounds to me that you just need to take a breather and relax a bit. This is some really trivial and minor stuff.

Daikarin
Jun 9, 2006, 09:02 PM
2- The player base. Is it me, or is the player base of any online game beconing even more illiterate and immature every day? I see more than my share of 'Hey baby', or 'LETS ALL HAVE THE LAYDIEZ DANCE NEKKID!' Yes, I run all female characters. Why? Because I choose to. Yet 94% of these people have to think you are a real girl playing them and HAVE to try and hit on you. My GOD! It's enough to make you want to find them all and kill them. And they never let up! Even when you yell at them to stop, they follow you around untill you leave or change areas. And lets not forget the two most over-used and ANNOYING words out there- 'pwn' and 'teh'. It's not enough to be that annoying, you have to constantly use those spellings of the words? AND STOP WITH THE FUCKING SHORTHAND, ALREADY!

What's wrong with some sexual humour? I can understand if you don't appreciate it, but it seems more immature to me if you can't take it up to the point of "wanting to find them all and kill them".

6- People that HAVE to show public affection towards the opposite sex. Oh man. This is one area that seriously pisses me off. That and people that just HAVE to post their relationship troubles on message boards for all the world to read. One reason I'm glad I don't put stock in an eratic emotional state of mind.

I guess you could say that the whole of humanity and it's non-stop continuence of stupidity and useless ideals and items it constantly comes up with just pisses me off.

Is there a problem if people show public affection towards the opposite sex? Is there a problem if people feel the need to talk about it?

There are those who share their problems. And then there are those who just rant about them. Which is the worse? Stupidity!? What the hell do we have communication skills? Is it to keep it all inside? Yeah, don't be a whiny kid. But to let it out once in a while doesn't hurt nobody.

Charmander02
Jun 10, 2006, 04:46 PM

5- Best one yet- Religious people that HAVE to go around spouting their words of wisdom and trying to convert you to their all powerful and only religion out there.

I can see how you can get mad over that.

People want to spread thier religion so what? I dont mind that. But you buy a game to play it, not to use it as an outlet for religional purposes.

Though there was this guy online on Halo named Jesus and he was amazing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Polly
Jun 10, 2006, 04:59 PM
2- The player base. Is it me, or is the player base of any online game beconing even more illiterate and immature every day?

It's not just online gaming. The internet as a whole has contacted a large case of The Stupid over the past 6 years or so.

The internet was never bursting with intelligence to begin with, but things did seem quite different when I first started actively using the net and forums much more around 2000 or so around the time PSO came out. I've personally noticed how stupid it's gradually become since '99 or so till now.

If a lot of the posts from 2001 weren't gone you could spot this trend on PSOW too.

Saraphim
Jun 10, 2006, 05:20 PM
6- People that HAVE to show public affection towards the opposite sex. Oh man. This is one area that seriously pisses me off.

Have you ever given any thought to why it pisses you off? More than likely you are insecure and uncomfortable around the opposite sex, and feel that everyone should be that way too. I am happily married and don't mind showing affection in public.

In fact, if you can't show any affection in public, good luck keeping a serious relationship going.

Now, I am offended when I go to the pool, only to find a bunch of kids (yes, 13 yr olds are still kids dispite what some may believe http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif ) having a "groping party" if you know what I mean. But that's not love, that's just hormones http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Solstis
Jun 10, 2006, 05:36 PM
On 2006-06-10 14:59, Triela wrote:

2- The player base. Is it me, or is the player base of any online game beconing even more illiterate and immature every day?

It's not just online gaming. The internet as a whole has contacted a large case of The Stupid over the past 6 years or so.

The internet was never bursting with intelligence to begin with, but things did seem quite different when I first started actively using the net and forums much more around 2000 or so around the time PSO came out. I've personally noticed how stupid it's gradually become since '99 or so till now.

If a lot of the posts from 2001 weren't gone you could spot this trend on PSOW too.

Then again, more and more people have access to the Internet. More people, more affordable, more kids.

Eh, and let the kids have their fun (though, groping by the pool is a bit rude). I'm clinging on to the last shreds of my childhood as hard as I can.

KodiaX987
Jun 10, 2006, 07:47 PM
On 2006-06-10 15:36, Solstis wrote:

More people, more affordable parents with money to waste, more kids.

Fixed it for you.

Balthor
Jun 10, 2006, 09:12 PM

One forum down confirms this.

Ryna
Jun 10, 2006, 09:29 PM

Not all of the posts from 2001 were overly intelligent:
http://www.pso-world.com/images/rynaspicturestash/newbie.png

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Balthor
Jun 10, 2006, 09:38 PM
lmfao

What else is in that stash?

KodiaX987
Jun 11, 2006, 07:42 AM
On 2006-06-10 19:29, Ryna wrote:

Not all of the posts from 2001 were overly intelligent:
http://www.pso-world.com/images/rynaspicturestash/newbie.png