PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB: Computer Reboot at Patch Download screen.

Mess
Jun 9, 2006, 09:22 PM
My friends computer (which is right next to me) has PSOBB installed. He has no active HL, but that's not important.

I select patch download, it switches to the screen with the patch information and the current and all status bars, the screen freezes, then a moment later the computer reboots. No error comes up or anything. The computer simply restarts. I'd also like to make note that his machine has once had PSOBB installed and working. It was last one around October last year.

Anyone? Sorry this seems rather vague but, this is all i've to give.

Perhaps someone has an .exe with the latest patch that could install out of game?

Ryna
Jun 9, 2006, 09:39 PM
I don't think an .exe like that exists. You'll need to download the setup.exe file from psobb.com and reinstall all of the patches. Try uninstalling the current version and doing that. Also, make sure that your friend's firewall and antivirus software isn't doing anything funny.

Mess
Jun 9, 2006, 10:26 PM
We're uninstalling again and going to install it again now. I know it doesn't have anything to do with the firewall (well I assume) because he has none from what I understand, well none active. Plus the entire computer simply shuts off and the turns on again.

Mess
Jun 10, 2006, 05:04 PM
Figured it out. Needed to download a darn driver. He told me he checked the troubleshoot and faqs... clearly he didn't.