PDA

View Full Version : Getting Ready for Online Play

NintendoMan
Jun 9, 2006, 10:56 PM
Im preparing to get ready for online play and me and my bro have decided to restart our characters.
I have chosen an Racast and my bro a Fomar.
Can I get some equipment suggestions please?

I think Frozen Shooter was pretty standard for the Ra but why is it more popular than its evolved Snow Queen

Thanx

Jaspaller
Jun 9, 2006, 11:01 PM
Snow Queens can only do 1 hit combo's unlike the Frozen Shooter.

RAcast could either go with the Frozen Shooter/Snow queen, or a Spread Needle.
Melee FOmar might be useful with a Soul eater during lower levels. If you're going with a tech force I would suggest using something that boosts techs like the Hildebear's cane. Otherwise FOrces are pretty much only there for support.

NintendoMan
Jun 9, 2006, 11:06 PM
For the Snow queen you mean it cant do like a strong-strong-special sequence?
Also I plan on the Fomar being Melee

Jaspaller
Jun 9, 2006, 11:15 PM
On 2006-06-09 21:06, NintendoMan wrote:
For the Snow queen you mean it cant do like a strong-strong-special sequence?
Also I plan on the Fomar being Melee

Nope, it's pretty much Shoot...Shoot...Shoot... well, you get the point. The only difference is that it doesn't stop at one enemy. It keeps going and hits many if they are clumped together. If a bunch are clumped together the special can be really useful.

Better keep a lot of money for a melee FOmar, you're going to need lots of fluids. Start off with a Soul Eater and move up little by little to things like Grass assassin blades or the Soul Banish.

NintendoMan
Jun 9, 2006, 11:25 PM
Recommendations for the Distance weapon for Fomar?

So Frozen Shooter is usually prefered then?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NintendoMan on 2006-06-09 21:26 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NintendoMan on 2006-06-09 21:32 ]</font>

Jaspaller
Jun 9, 2006, 11:30 PM
Others may have different preferences, but you could try the suppressed gun, and then later on the holy ray if you can get it.

NintendoMan
Jun 9, 2006, 11:32 PM
Does the Frozen shooter freeze it owner that often?

Hrigg
Jun 9, 2006, 11:50 PM
Not very often. It is wise however to carry a Cure/Freeze.

Dhylec
Jun 9, 2006, 11:52 PM
NintendoMan wrote:
Does the Frozen shooter freeze it owner that often?

It's totally random. It can happen as often as every 30 secs, every 5 mins, or nothing at all. When that happens, most will just wiggle with the directions & buttons to get out fast. Some actually used an armor slot for a Cure/freeze unit.

Fossil
Jun 10, 2006, 05:06 AM
Cure/Freeze works wonders, even outside of the FS effects.

TheStoicOne
Jun 10, 2006, 12:09 PM
Yeah I had both. The snow queen is a more, "I'll just take this one to run through forest quickly", while the frozen shooter is a "OMG!! ILL-GILLS!!!!!", and scene!

R2D6battlebot
Jun 10, 2006, 12:25 PM
For the melee FO I would use Holy Ray considering it gives great ATA (70) and it has rifle range.
As for the FS freezing you, it has never been a problem for any of my RA characters, and it has never frozen me more than once in any entire run.