PDA

View Full Version : I actually took a tutorial!

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 10, 2006, 12:49 AM
Well, after much patience, I actually bothered to read a tutorial and DO what it was saying as I read it!!! Critique appreciated http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/sgtshligger/blackhair2.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SgtShligger on 2006-06-09 22:49 ]</font>

Blitzkommando
Jun 10, 2006, 12:56 AM
The sunburst or whatever that is, is rather overpowering and makes it hard to focus on the drawing itself. Aside from that, smooth the lines a bit and that will be good progress.

Not exactly saying not to use a sunburst, just tone it down a bit so that you focus on the character easily rather than squinting around the edges.

Jared_T
Jun 10, 2006, 01:12 AM
I agree that the light effects are a bit overpowering. I recommend that you keep practicing. You are improving. But you seem to be afraid of drawing the female form. I also noticed that you avoid the hands allot. So you may want to practice on those.

other than that good job http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 13, 2006, 05:46 PM
The sunburst........ that should be toned down.

Jared, I am not sure what you mean by "afraid" of drawing..........

navci
Jun 13, 2006, 06:09 PM
May I ask for a link of the tutorial?

Sayara
Jun 13, 2006, 08:19 PM
What Jared means is you're afraid to draw what makes a woman; a woman.

Women and men have very different body shapes and curves and sorts and they cannot be just clumped together in such a ordeal. Even your cartoonist have a difference between men and women (even simple ones at that.)

Advice? The best suggestion would be to find some books about anatomy and study from it; but if you're not into spending cash for art; just try and copy from catalouges.

As for the image at hand. If you're gonna use the sunburst at least make her shading fit such an extreme sunburst. This is an issue with shadows. There are amazing simple tutorials involving shadow work.

I also want to see the tutorial; but i can take a stab and say it was polykarbon?

Jared_T
Jun 13, 2006, 08:41 PM
On 2006-06-13 15:46, SgtShligger wrote:

Jared, I am not sure what you mean by "afraid" of drawing..........

Well it was an expression used by my art teacher in high school. Some 13 years ago. And oddly enough when I asked what he meant I got Tingle's response almost word for word. When you have only an idea of how something is to look you tend to over or under exaggerate proportions. And what he suggested was to research, study, and practice. For research I now own thousands of comic books. Another big help for me was a friend that could draw some of the nicest and cleanest pictures I've ever seen, so basically a rival, to help push my skill. If you need some help with research or practice just PM me.

BR0M
Jun 15, 2006, 05:34 PM
so deep...so deep lol...what is the medium you are using for these pics?

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 18, 2006, 06:49 PM
Computer graphics Brom. Paint Shop Pro to be exact.
The tutorial was on polykarbon. Last week I rabbed a couple of books on anatomy and it actually helped. I am going to work on drawing and less on computer graphics... the computer can't hide mistakes.

Ancient
Jun 18, 2006, 08:05 PM
Not true! just hit crlt+delete in photoshop and all your mistakes magically vanish!

navci
Jun 18, 2006, 08:27 PM
On 2006-06-18 16:49, SgtShligger wrote:
I am going to work on drawing and less on computer graphics... the computer can't hide mistakes.

That is the least true statement in this entire universe.

You can have a thousand mistakes and it will never show on a CG if you chose to catch it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: navci on 2006-06-18 18:28 ]</font>

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 19, 2006, 01:44 AM
Mistakes as in lack of skill.......... the computer can hide a LOT of errors but it can't cover up bad anatomy.....