PDA

View Full Version : Androids or Humans?

Tenshu
Jun 10, 2006, 09:52 AM
This is a random poll that I have decided to put just because I made a topic that kinda includes the same refrence.So choose Android or Humans and why.

Your_MajestY
Jun 10, 2006, 10:02 AM
You should have added Newman to, but whatever. =)
I vote Human because they can cast spells and see traps with just a little device.
Androids can't cast spells, but can lay down traps.
Overall spells can do much more damage than the traps.

Go go go humans!

R2D6battlebot
Jun 10, 2006, 11:58 AM
Resta FTW

Jaspaller
Jun 10, 2006, 12:31 PM
Humans lol, I can't live without resta

DC_PLAYER
Jun 10, 2006, 01:21 PM
even lower lvl spells can do alot
i use rabarta on the canabin ring, it does 0 damage but hits all, and a hit that does 0 damage is diferent of miss
besides, the resta/shifta......that all is great

Ma_Navu
Jun 10, 2006, 02:56 PM
I'd have to vote for Humans.

Resta, Shifta, Deband, Jellen, and Zalure prove to be extremely valuable in battle. My HUcast constantly dies due to the lack of those spells, sadly. So, I have to make due with my Freeze Traps, as they allow me to wail on defenseless enemies, then run away like a school-girl before they break free.

Charmander02
Jun 10, 2006, 03:41 PM
Depends on your style of play.

For me i'd have to go humans.

Vetsent
Jun 10, 2006, 04:02 PM
I guess I'm the only Android lover to take this poll so far.I love Androids.When I'm playing with a Human I run out of Trap Visions trying to avoid taking damage.When I run out of TP with a Human I can't cast Resta,but that doesn't bother me with an Android because they can use sleep mode.Also,Androids wouldn't need to use Resta as frequently even if they could because their stats protect them well,and cause hell for the enemy.Also,if you have to go do something and your HP is low you can stand in an empty room or hallway while you go do something and your HP will refill,thanks to "Sleep Mode".

I myself use a Racast because he is near the highest in a lot of stats(Attack,defense,accuracy),kind of like a well rounded character,but a lot better.They,of course,have the highest in the game too.

Also,early level Androids(like in the middle of normal mode) can get a major use out of weapons like Soul Eater without having to worry as much as a Human about the side effect.I have a Hucast who just glided through the Caves on Normal using just Soul Eater.He would kill enemies in 1-2 hits.He knocked De Rol Lae's mask off the first time it jumped onto the raft.

Dre_o
Jun 10, 2006, 04:09 PM
Human all the way.

True, androids can regen health. They also have to sit still (which sucks for online)

False that their traps are usefull at bosses.

True that techs are useful at bosses.

False that humans can't see traps (Luitenent Mantel for the win) and a good HUmar DOESN'T need to see traps, he can take em with no problem and JUST USE RESTA.

Not to mention humans can use mates as well as fluids.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2006-06-10 14:09 ]</font>

Neith
Jun 10, 2006, 05:03 PM
It totally depends on the situation. Some places are great for techs, others would be easiuer with traps (3 Baranz spawn in TTF, Sinow Room).

Also, in tower, Id rather have a RAcast/RAcaseal as the RA any day, freeze/confuse traps are a gift.

To be honest, you can't compare them. I like playing a fleshie, but droids are a lot better in some situations, and vice versa.

Tekershee
Jun 11, 2006, 07:23 AM
In regards to the fact that standing still sucks online, if you're playing with other people, they'll most likely have resta meaning you won't need to stand still.

Also, it's more with an android. All those people who say they can't live with without resta just shows you get hit way too much. By playing an android, you learn to play better by developing strategies to avoid getting hit rather than running full throttle to hit them.

Although, I do miss techs when I solo. I'm using 2 Srank Weapons for my Jellen and Zalure but then, the only human is who can use the 4 support techs is the RAmarl right?

Shigecki
Jun 11, 2006, 09:48 AM
On 2006-06-11 05:23, Tekershee wrote:
Although, I do miss techs when I solo. I'm using 2 Srank Weapons for my Jellen and Zalure but then, the only human is who can use the 4 support techs is the RAmarl right?

Only if the FOmar and FOmarl haven't found then I guess.

Tekershee
Jun 11, 2006, 11:04 AM
Ah yes, I forgot we had forces ;//

TheyCallMeJoe
Jun 11, 2006, 12:40 PM
i've played both, and Androids can progress so much quicker through thte game. I had to start over from scratch since my card corrupted, and I got a fleshie and cast. It took me 28 hours to get the RAmar to 34 on Hard caves. It took me the same time to get my HUcast to 41 on Vhard Caves.

Or maybe I just can't play RAmars right http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

All though I love casts with a passion, there reallly isn't much grounds on which to compare them if you're playing online (in which i'm not).

gokruel
Jun 12, 2006, 03:47 AM
I like my techniques but i also like being good at melee combat so i like to use my human class charatcers rather than androids.

RadiantLegend
Jun 12, 2006, 08:42 AM
i love my freeze traps.

kratos12429
Jun 12, 2006, 09:59 AM
Human all the way. I like setting the confuse traps on the enemies just to watch them beat them selfs all to crap, but I mean if your going to Ultimate Dark Falz for the first time and you run out of healing items, I mean there is no way out of dying.

Leviathan
Jun 12, 2006, 01:33 PM
Android. Because they can self heal, kind of like a human and robos are more powerful too! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

GrumblyStuff
Jun 12, 2006, 02:07 PM
I'll take any bit of Resta over android self-heal.

DikkyRay
Jun 12, 2006, 02:09 PM
Androids cant use resta. Thats the only thing that keeps me goin in ult.

Asuri
Jun 12, 2006, 02:41 PM
im play either one, for soloing i prefer a human but if i have a party where someone else can heal i like to leave myself open to lay them traps

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 13, 2006, 07:53 PM
I prefer being a fleshy over being an android so I voted human.

YohYoh
Jun 13, 2006, 11:40 PM
I like traps better than resta so I vote cast.

83Nini
Jul 29, 2006, 09:02 PM
Traps are so usefull... resta owns but I prefer droids for stats and traps http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

WrathOfMegid
Jul 29, 2006, 09:10 PM
I have 3 casts, 3 humans, and two newmans. I prefer confuse traps and freeze traps to resta, plus I have room for more items to sell(no fluids + status immunities) so I can afford plenty of healing items. Granted, boss fights are tougher, but it just forces me to play it smarter.

Hunter-Hucast
Jul 29, 2006, 09:13 PM
I picked Android because my character is an android (in avatar) and also because they can use traps and I like traps! ^.^

WrathOfMegid
Jul 29, 2006, 09:14 PM
Two weeks ago, I would have said human. But I recently discovered this formula:
Ult. Caves + Confuse traps + Crush Bullet = Good times and XP for my Racaseal.

moonreaper2
Jul 30, 2006, 10:50 AM
Andriods all the way you never have to worry about getting poisened or paralyzed.And like grumbly said androids have very fast self healing and i'd pick that over resta anyday. Also you save alot of mesta not having to waste it all on fluids......Androids ROCK!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: moonreaper2 on 2006-07-30 08:53 ]</font>

PJ
Jul 30, 2006, 11:53 AM
On 2006-06-11 07:48, Shigecki wrote:

On 2006-06-11 05:23, Tekershee wrote:

Only if the FOmar and FOmarl haven't found then I guess.

Or the HUnewearl? EDIT: Oh Jesus human was mentioned, damn you newman

If it's online with a team that has a Force, androids are really the way to go for effectiveness. But for solo, I much prefer fleshies.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2006-07-30 09:54 ]</font>

bdev03
Jul 30, 2006, 12:16 PM
My droid progresses so much faster throughout the game, and mono/dimates are pretty cheap, cheaper than mono/difluids. Yeah resta kicks, but when im running around with my fleshie, i get bored....Droids win my vote hands down!!!!!!!!!

TwinBlade
Jul 30, 2006, 01:09 PM
Androids are the best by far i have had all the characters and the HuCast is the best for me. In my opinion it is too easy with a human because u have resta. I like a challenge and the HuCast gives me that.

Splash
Jul 30, 2006, 02:22 PM
For me, I go with human. Techs are better than traps in the sense it strikes with more damage and accuracy. In addition, humans can use more materials than Androids and the Resta proves useful in many situations.

moonreaper2
Jul 30, 2006, 03:17 PM
On 2006-07-30 12:22, Splash wrote:
For me, I go with human. Techs are better than traps in the sense it strikes with more damage and accuracy.

What are you taking about traps never miss if your good and with a human techs can be usefull but traps can help you more like for instence the "confuse/freeze trap" with the confuse if say 4-6 enemys are after you , the confuse trap turns them on each other humans cant do that.Also the freeze trap if hordes of enemys are after you and you haven't found froozen shooty yet freeze traps are the way to go......they've saved my life alot!