PDA

View Full Version : Transformers: The Movie

Moo2u
Jun 10, 2006, 12:11 PM
New site! (http://www.transformersmovie.com/)

I'm pretty pumped for this. Appearently they're going for a "realistic" transformers movie. A bit of an odd choice considering the original material, but if they pull it off it could be amazingly good. Anyone else excited about this?

DizzyDi
Jun 10, 2006, 12:15 PM
O god...
As long as the people making the movie realize that they have a HUGE fan base to please then it might turn out good.
But that little teaser site and that "Thier War, Our World" well... All I can say is "eh".

RoninJoku
Jun 10, 2006, 12:31 PM
Yea, I'm excited... Been following the news for a while now... I'm really not worried about it being live-action-The Transformers will be 3-D and I'm sure Hollywood will make them look excellent! Much better than the crappy 3D animation I have seen in the latest cartoon itterations (Beast Wars has better graphics than the latest versions-and was made years earlier!)!

Anyhoosh... I'm not expecting it to be perfect or faithful in any way-But I can at least hope it will be entertaining...

Polly
Jun 10, 2006, 12:34 PM
TransFormers has a pretty rich history that most of the fanbase is pretty passionate about. Even in Beast Wars when they got some of the slightest things wrong people complained. With this movie, it's hard to say but I figure if they bungle even a little bit the purists will go crazy. Still, could be a decent popcorn flick.

trypticon
Jun 10, 2006, 10:45 PM
The original Transformers movie kicked ass. I had read some months ago that Steven Spielburg is set to direct the new film, which will be great!

space_butler
Jun 11, 2006, 08:13 AM
it will suck, just like every other hollywood cash-in on a popular icon.

Deathscythealpha
Jun 11, 2006, 09:28 AM
On 2006-06-10 20:45, trypticon wrote:
The original Transformers movie kicked ass. I had read some months ago that Steven Spielburg is set to direct the new film, which will be great!

Nope, Spielberg is a producer, Micheal Bay is directing (He also did Bad Boys and the god awful Bad Boys 2).

Im getting pretty excited about the film, and like a lot of other fans am now considering this to be another universe TF film. Just like how G1 Transformers isnt the same as Transformers Armada, the TF Movie will be another universe.

I am a bit concerned about the Micheal Bay interview where he mentioned Optimus will be blue as thats quite a change, but as long as they dont mess up Megatron, I will be happy.

*Megatron Fan*

Mewn
Jun 11, 2006, 09:50 AM
Call me a cynic, but if this is even half as good as the original animated Transformers: The Movie I will be very surprised.

Still, guess we'll wait and see, eh?

RoninJoku
Jun 11, 2006, 10:26 AM
Speaking of Megatron... With all the vastly different Megatron designs they have come up with over the years, I really wonder which of these basic schemes they will follow when designing the movie version... Will he be the classic Megatron with the simple gun transformation and the raspy voice? Or will he be one of those more modern Megatrons that try to be more bad-ass... I can't see a Hollywood studio being faithful to his original transformation though-Maybe more like a Galvatron cannon transformation... Who knows!

Also, I wonder if they will use any of the voice actors that have been doing Megatron and Optimus for the larger part of the franchise-Probably not since it's hollywood, but we will see I guess...

tank1
Jun 11, 2006, 11:39 AM
From what ive heard the Megatron in this movie is gonna be more like the Armarda megatron with a tank transformation but its just a rumour so dont hang me if im wrong.

Deathscythealpha
Jun 11, 2006, 11:42 AM
Current rumour is that Megatron will be a Jet or some sort of plane this time around. If not, he will most likly be a Tank. Being a hand gun has already been ruled out due to the lack of Mass Shifting in the film. They wanted the film to be realistic and a huge robot shrinking into a tiny gun or cassette recorder didnt really do it for them.

There are some photos floating around the net of two of the movie vehicles: One is a Decepticon Police Car ("To Punish an Enslave" printed on the side), but no one knows who this character is yet. The second vehicle was a multi turreted tank which could possibly be Brawl of the Combaticons. This would make me happy as Brawl and the rest of the Combaticons are some of my favourite characters after Megatron.

1: Megatron
2: Brawl
3: Bruticus

RoninJoku
Jun 11, 2006, 12:22 PM
I think I saw the photograph of the police car... I think I also saw a picture of the car that would be the transformation for Bumblebee... I don't remember what kind of car it was (because I know next to nothing about cars) but it didn't look like a Bumblebee car that's for sure... Oh, and I think I saw the jet model they would use for Starscream... I will see if I can find the link for it...

EDIT***-The link seems to have been removed... So maybe that means it was just un-based rumor...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RurouniJoku on 2006-06-11 10:32 ]</font>

Moo2u
Jun 11, 2006, 12:34 PM
Ya, I think the Transformers comfermed for the movie is Optimus, Hot Rod and Bumblebee for the Autobots and Megatron, Starscream and Sound Wave for the Decepticons. Good thing, I love Sound Wave. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Deathscythealpha
Jun 11, 2006, 02:41 PM
On 2006-06-11 10:22, RurouniJoku wrote:
I think I saw the photograph of the police car... I think I also saw a picture of the car that would be the transformation for Bumblebee... I don't remember what kind of car it was (because I know next to nothing about cars) but it didn't look like a Bumblebee car that's for sure... Oh, and I think I saw the jet model they would use for Starscream... I will see if I can find the link for it...

EDIT***-The link seems to have been removed... So maybe that means it was just un-based rumor...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RurouniJoku on 2006-06-11 10:32 ]</font>

Those images have been removed due to Dreamworks not wanting them to have been shown yet, their trying to keep it all secret. But with the teaser trailer coming soon hopefully more images will arrive.

Edit: However, here are some on set images that are allowed. http://superherohype.com/news/transformersnews.php?id=4374

On set at Hoover Dam. This could be a really good homage to the TF classic 3 part story 'More Then Meets the Eye' where Prime and Megatron did battle at the Sherman Dam.

And theyve constructed a Bumblebee, which sounds very cool.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deathscythealpha on 2006-06-11 12:57 ]</font>

HUnewearl_Meira
Jun 11, 2006, 03:39 PM
On 2006-06-10 10:15, DizzyDi wrote:
As long as the people making the movie realize that they have a HUGE fan base to please then it might turn out good.

They're well aware of the fan base that they're trying to please. If you wander over to DonMurphy.net (http://www.d13satellite.com/donmurphy/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=8), you'll discover that Don Murphy, who is in some way responsible for the movie, has a forum, the purpose of which is to put the makers of the movie in touch with the fans. The biggest point of contention seems to be the voice actors that will portray Optimus Prime and Megatron. The general consensus among the fans is that they must be played by their original voices (Peter Cullen and Frank Welker), but the choice, it seems, is ultimately Michael Bay's to make.

For the record, there is really only one thing we know for certain about Megatron's form in the movie-- he won't be a gun. That would, after all, prevent Hasbro from making a toy, in today's toy laws that are so much more strict.

Which brings me to another point-- remember, people: get your money ready, because the release of this movie means that there's another set of Optimus Prime and Megatron toys on the way.

Moo2u
Jun 11, 2006, 03:48 PM
On 2006-06-11 13:39, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

Which brings me to another point-- remember, people: get your money ready, because the release of this movie means that there's another set of Optimus Prime and Megatron toys on the way.

I heard they're re-releasing the classic line of toys that they did back in the 80s as some sort of anniversary set. I want me an Optimus! The only original transformer toy I still have from back then that isn't totally busted is Bumblebee.

DizzyDi
Jun 11, 2006, 03:53 PM
On 2006-06-11 12:41, Deathscythealpha wrote:
http://superherohype.com/news/transformersnews.php?id=4374

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deathscythealpha on 2006-06-11 12:57 ]</font>

Ogod, thats Anthony Anderson on set there. What is -he- doing in a Transformers movie?

Shattered_weasel
Jun 11, 2006, 03:55 PM
On 2006-06-11 06:13, space_butler wrote:
it will suck, just like every other hollywood cash-in on a popular icon.

You arn't a very happy person arn't you.

Deathscythealpha
Jun 11, 2006, 04:05 PM
On 2006-06-11 13:48, Moo2u wrote:

I heard they're re-releasing the classic line of toys that they did back in the 80s as some sort of anniversary set. I want me an Optimus! The only original transformer toy I still have from back then that isn't totally busted is Bumblebee.

They have been re-issueing the classic toys for a few years now. Only selected ones have been released as several of the original molds have actually been destroyed.

However, come september there is a series called 'Transformers Classics' being launched. Reimagined versions of the original G1 cast. These toys look really nice and im straining my wallet trying to decide which ones to get. I can see myself ending up with them all.

Figures to be released:

Optimus Prime (Truck)
Megatron (Nerf/Law Giver styled handgun)
Astrotrain (Bullet Train and Space Shuttle)
Bumblebee (Car with hangglider that turns into a trailer for the car)
Rodimus (Update of the classic Hot Rod toy. Pure Love!!!)
Starscream (Jet)

Heres the official pictures of all the toys except for Optimus, who seems to be a big surprise.
http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&album=6064&dispsize=800&start=0

*Starts saving some cash for this set*

RoninJoku
Jun 11, 2006, 07:18 PM
On 2006-06-11 10:34, Moo2u wrote:
Ya, I think the Transformers comfermed for the movie is Optimus, Hot Rod and Bumblebee for the Autobots and Megatron, Starscream and Sound Wave for the Decepticons. Good thing, I love Sound Wave. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Hmmm, I remember hearing that they would use Arcee in the movie as well... Personally I would like to see Ultra Magnus http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Jaspaller
Jun 11, 2006, 07:31 PM
On 2006-06-11 14:05, Deathscythealpha wrote:

On 2006-06-11 13:48, Moo2u wrote:

They have been re-issueing the classic toys for a few years now. Only selected ones have been released as several of the original molds have actually been destroyed.

However, come september there is a series called 'Transformers Classics' being launched. Reimagined versions of the original G1 cast. These toys look really nice and im straining my wallet trying to decide which ones to get. I can see myself ending up with them all.

Figures to be released:

Optimus Prime (Truck)
Megatron (Nerf/Law Giver styled handgun)
Astrotrain (Bullet Train and Space Shuttle)
Bumblebee (Car with hangglider that turns into a trailer for the car)
Rodimus (Update of the classic Hot Rod toy. Pure Love!!!)
Starscream (Jet)

Heres the official pictures of all the toys except for Optimus, who seems to be a big surprise.
http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&album=6064&dispsize=800&start=0

*Starts saving some cash for this set*

THAT...STARSCREAM...IS...BEAUTIFUL...!!!!
That version looks much better than the old ones. They made all of the aircraft transformers (Starscream, Thundercracker and skywarp) the exact same thing but with different colors... damn money loving bastards cheating me out of money like that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I've still got many of the very old ones like Skywarp, Thundercracker, Optimus Prime, Devestator, the Dinobots, Bumblebee and a whole load more.

Deathscythealpha
Jun 12, 2006, 06:07 PM
On 2006-06-11 17:31, Jaspaller wrote:

THAT...STARSCREAM...IS...BEAUTIFUL...!!!!
That version looks much better than the old ones. They made all of the aircraft transformers (Starscream, Thundercracker and skywarp) the exact same thing but with different colors... damn money loving bastards cheating me out of money like that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I've still got many of the very old ones like Skywarp, Thundercracker, Optimus Prime, Devestator, the Dinobots, Bumblebee and a whole load more.

You missed out Thrust, Dirge and Ramjet, the Conehead jets. They did get remolded wings though. Most of the reasons toys get repainted and sold again is to save some cash and develop a new toy. Putting out the same figure again with a slight re-deco means they dont have to go through the long design process where they would have to pay several people for its completion. I wouldnt be surpised at all if the second batch of TF Classics contained Skywarp and Thundercracker repaints of Starscream, considering that the fans actually do want them as well.

I have a lot of my old TF's still about and over the last few years have started collecting them again. Mostly for nostalgia purposes but the design work of the toys factors in heavily as well. Some are just facinatingly well constructed toys with complex mechanisms.

kevlar_pso
Jun 13, 2006, 01:25 PM
On 2006-06-11 10:22, RurouniJoku wrote:

If I remember correctly from G4's "The Feed" when the pictures first started making their rounds on the net, the yellow car that was identified as Bumblebee
is the new Chevy Camareo.

I too have quite a bit of the G1's still with me. Mostly boxed up in storage. My mom keeps threatening to take my boxes of Transformers and sell them on Ebay since she was the one who paid for them. l0l I have all but the last two box sets of the origional series and need to get those last two before the price gets out of control. I have most all of the current TF comics starting back in 2002. I am missing just a couple of the origional run from Marvel.

Not to get try to sway this off topic or anything, but if you don't have any of the Star Wars Transformers you are missing out. I "bought them for my son" and am considering getting some to keep in storage for when he is old enough to fully appreciate them, after all he is only 3 and will turn 4 in September.

Currently out:
Darth Maul --> Sith Infiltrator
General Grevious --> Grevious Bike
A. Skywalker --> Yellow Jedi Starfighter
Kenobi --> Red Jedi Starfighter
Vader --> Vader Tie Advanced
Bobba Fett --> Slave 1

Coming soon:
Jango Fett --> Slave 1
Han Solo --> Half of Millenium Falcon
Chewy --> Other Half of Millenium Falcon
Emperor Palpatine --> Imperial Scout Ship

You can see the pics over @hasbro.com if you dig around their web site.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kevlar_pso on 2006-06-13 11:37 ]</font>

Deathscythealpha
Jun 13, 2006, 06:12 PM
Some new on set pictures have arrived featuring a chase between Decepticon Police Car Brawl and Camero Bumblebee:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/74043690@N00/sets/72157594158652163/

A bit blurry, but im lapping up these brief shots of the film. Im a bit disapointed that the tank is not Brawl (I was wanting a new figure of the guy), but this still seems pretty cool. And the new Bumblebee does seem snazzy.

On 2006-06-13 11:25, kevlar_pso wrote:

I too have quite a bit of the G1's still with me. Mostly boxed up in storage. My mom keeps threatening to take my boxes of Transformers and sell them on Ebay since she was the one who paid for them. l0l I have all but the last two box sets of the origional series and need to get those last two before the price gets out of control. I have most all of the current TF comics starting back in 2002. I am missing just a couple of the origional run from Marvel.

Not to get try to sway this off topic or anything, but if you don't have any of the Star Wars Transformers you are missing out. I "bought them for my son" and am considering getting some to keep in storage for when he is old enough to fully appreciate them, after all he is only 3 and will turn 4 in September.

Currently out:
Darth Maul --> Sith Infiltrator
General Grevious --> Grevious Bike
A. Skywalker --> Yellow Jedi Starfighter
Kenobi --> Red Jedi Starfighter
Vader --> Vader Tie Advanced
Bobba Fett --> Slave 1

Coming soon:
Jango Fett --> Slave 1
Han Solo --> Half of Millenium Falcon
Chewy --> Other Half of Millenium Falcon
Emperor Palpatine --> Imperial Scout Ship

You can see the pics over @hasbro.com if you dig around their web site.

Ive been collecting all the recent TF comics that have been released. I have a full run of Dreamwaves G1, War Within and Micromaster comics, plus the Armade G1 crossover. Also been collecting the new IDW series, thats a bit slow paced at the minute, but will hopefully pick up speed now that Megs has arrived (and is pissed!).

The Star Wars TF's have tempted me alot, I want me a Boba Fett, but ive been sticking to Alternators lately and the occasional Cybertron toy. Looking to get myself a Vector Prime this week.

Moo2u
Jun 19, 2006, 11:49 PM
Apparently the teaster trailer for the new movie will be shown with Pirates 2. That's good, I wanted to check out that movie anyway. I hope it doesn't teast too much, otherwise I may just explode.

VioletSkye
Jun 28, 2006, 07:57 PM
I'm sure most people have already seen this, but I thought I'd post it anyway. Apparently it is a prop shot of BumbleBee.

BumbleBee Prop Photo (http://psofiles3.home.bresnan.net/bb.jpg)

There are two different Camaros (one old, one new) that will be in the movie. The prop photo obviously looks like the new Camaro.

New Camaro (http://psofiles3.home.bresnan.net/bb2.jpg)
New Camaro (http://psofiles3.home.bresnan.net/bb3.jpg)
Old Camaro (http://psofiles3.home.bresnan.net/bb4.jpg)

Police Car (http://psofiles3.home.bresnan.net/po.jpg)

Optimus? (http://psofiles3.home.bresnan.net/op.jpg)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2006-06-28 19:28 ]</font>

HUnewearl_Meira
Jun 29, 2006, 09:51 AM
That Optimus Prime photo was from this past Botcon. As a promotion for the movie, Hasbro had a red semi on the floor.

Deathscythealpha
Jun 29, 2006, 01:26 PM
The teaser trailer for the movie has been leaked!

It doesnt show much (and if you have previously watched the Spidey3 teaser trailer, it may be a bit of a let down), but its got me excited. The brief glimpse of the Transformer doesnt really give too much awaym but does remind me of the Citreon Dancing Robot.

I dont think I can link the trailer (and it will probably disapear soon), but it should be quite easy to track down.

VioletSkye
Jun 29, 2006, 02:05 PM
I caught that also on YouTube before it was removed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sindustries
Jun 29, 2006, 03:17 PM
I cant verify this material, regardless its interesting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBY1nxEP3ds

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sindustries on 2006-06-29 13:19 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Jun 29, 2006, 03:57 PM
That's actually been out for along time, and I think it was proved to be a fake and not from ILM.

In fact if you read the notes on that same page about the clip it says:

Transformers movie producer Don Murphy debunks this test footage as a fake but it's still good.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2006-06-29 13:58 ]</font>

Deathscythealpha
Jun 29, 2006, 05:09 PM
Yeah, the 'Sideswipe' test was debunked a few days after it was released. Its is very well done, even if the bot is very 'bouncy' when it transforms.

Also note that the Transformer designs for the movie will be different compared to their classic cartoon and toy designs, the producers wanting to create transforming robots that are more realistic. From the teaser and the Bumble Bee on site images they seem to be alot like the Citreon designed transformers, having car plating forming parts of the robot whilst the rest seems almost skeletal (Its a bit hard to explain this).

[Edit Time]

Well, the trailer is now officially up at http://www.transformersmovie.com/, so you can now watch it legitamately and in a better quality then the leaked version.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deathscythealpha on 2006-06-29 15:20 ]</font>

isahn80
Jun 30, 2006, 01:23 PM
That's pretty sweet, even if you only see a transformer for like half a second. I seriously hope this film is as at least almost as good as the 1986 Transformers movie. It'd be cool if this movie is the start of a better direction for the series (No offense to anyone that likes them, but I think these new "Cybertron" cartoons suck).

Deathscythealpha
Jun 30, 2006, 01:51 PM
On 2006-06-30 11:23, isahn80 wrote:
(No offense to anyone that likes them, but I think these new "Cybertron" cartoons suck).

I preferred the Japanese 'Galaxy Force' version. No lame accents or added dialogue, and a little bit more brutal then usual. Master Megatron Sama is a badass.

isahn80
Jun 30, 2006, 02:32 PM
Hmm... I'm going to have to check those out then. I've never seen any of the Japanese Transformer cartoons but this might be a good place to start. Didn't they have a continuation of Beast Wars as well?

psykE
Jun 30, 2006, 03:18 PM
That looks insane such a good teaser http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif, Want it to come out now.

Moo2u
Jun 30, 2006, 10:44 PM
That teaser trailer did just that. I was hopin' we'd get a clear shot of somethin' in the trailer. Still getting me pumped, so I guess it did it's job. Plus cool transforming logos at the end were a plus!

HUnewearl_Meira
Jul 1, 2006, 08:24 PM
All right, I think it's time for speculations on who that was that appeared in the trailer. Based on the shape of the head, my money is on Megatron.

Deathscythealpha
Jul 2, 2006, 08:11 AM
On 2006-06-30 12:32, isahn80 wrote:
Hmm... I'm going to have to check those out then. I've never seen any of the Japanese Transformer cartoons but this might be a good place to start. Didn't they have a continuation of Beast Wars as well?

Some are good, some are bad. A lot end up like typical japanese anime series which put a lot of focus on the kids, which is why some episodes of Galaxy Force have to be skipped over. And Energon/Superlink was quite boring in any language (Apart from Megatrons battering of Scorpinok inside Unicron, that was brutal).

They did 2 continuations of Beast Wars in Japan, Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo. Both shows are incredibly hard to find subtitled, but there are a few groups who have been Fan Dubbing them and are doing well. From what Ive seen the series are so so, very typically Japanese. The Beast Wars II movie is a bit grating due to its focus on Lio Convoy Jnr (Or what ever his name is), but its entertaining at times.

On 2006-07-01 18:24, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
All right, I think it's time for speculations on who that was that appeared in the trailer. Based on the shape of the head, my money is on Megatron.

Its a very 'Megatrony' head, but some speculation has been going round that it could be a generic robot model, even possibly Bumblebee from the other shots that have been leaked.

If I was going to go for a story angle, I would say it was Starscream, Megatron having sent out his minions ahead of him to clear the way for his arrival.

tank1
Jul 2, 2006, 09:23 AM
Star Scream? nah i think that robot is to scrawny to be him plus he has no wings. My money is on that its just some generic bot they made for the trailer.

Eihwaz
Jul 5, 2006, 09:01 PM
I don't do Transformers at all, but that was one hell of a nifty trailer. I might go see this when it comes out. ;o

VioletSkye
Jul 5, 2006, 09:14 PM
On 2006-07-05 19:01, Eihwaz wrote:
I don't do Transformers at all, but that was one hell of a nifty trailer. I might go see this when it comes out. ;o

Heh, I've never been into transformers either in any way,shape or form, but I was curious about the movie and I'll probably also go see it when it comes out http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Moo2u
Jul 6, 2006, 03:47 PM
Cool, it looks like this movie is starting to appeal toward non transformer fans too, which was probably the movie's goal. Awesome.

MewMew
Jul 8, 2006, 12:11 AM
I didn't really like the trailer,
at first I thought it was gonna be some sci fi thriller involving martians...
or other types of aliens.
but then I see the name transformer, and I burst out laughing, which normally is a good thing,
but remember, I was in a movie theater.

Moo2u
Jul 17, 2006, 03:57 PM
Oh Penny-Arcade! (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic)

tank1
Jul 18, 2006, 10:14 AM
LMAO oh man ive got to start reading Penny Arcade more often.

Deathscythealpha
Jul 18, 2006, 02:10 PM
Hmmm, just seen the Optimus Prime cab Penny Arcade were mentioning. I dont mind it being a long nosed truck, but the colour scheme leaves a lot to be desired. Just doesnt scream Prime at me, but will have to wait and see.

Moo2u
Jul 18, 2006, 02:23 PM
Hopefully they'll have enough sence not to put flames on Optimus' paint job.

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Jul 18, 2006, 08:25 PM
hmmm.... anyone got a link to the pic of that cab?

Deathscythealpha
Jul 19, 2006, 05:05 AM
If I could, I would link the cab. However, Micheal Bay has demanded that all pictures be taken down for fear of some sort of lawsuit, so I wont be able to link here.

Description: A large, blue long nosed cab, with flames takening up the entire nose of the truck and dwindling out towards the end.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 19, 2006, 05:26 AM
Why the hell are the transformers on MARS?!? My brother pointed that out, and as I recall, NOT AT ANY POINT WERE THE TRANSFORMERS ON MARS IN ANY SERIES. So they already messed up.

tank1
Jul 19, 2006, 06:58 AM
In the Armada series Starscream and some other guy (the space shuttle) went to mars on a mission.

Deathscythealpha
Jul 19, 2006, 05:46 PM
On 2006-07-19 03:26, Nitro_Vordex wrote:
Why the hell are the transformers on MARS?!? My brother pointed that out, and as I recall, NOT AT ANY POINT WERE THE TRANSFORMERS ON MARS IN ANY SERIES. So they already messed up.

They went to a lot of planets during season 3 and other series have the Transformers travelling to other planets, so its not quite out of the ordinary to have them arrive on Mars.

Also keep in mind that this film is a brand new continuity that doesnt have any ties with any of series. Why are their TF's on Mars during the trailer? They are coming to earth and by the looks of it planet hopping to do so. The whole point of the trailer was to show that we had one warning that they were coming, but its already too late.

DoctorShasta
Jul 19, 2006, 10:31 PM
When I saw that trailer I was expecting some alien movie when it said transformers I just burst out laughing, It should be amusing at the very least

DarthMegatron
Jul 19, 2006, 10:52 PM
Aww, man that trailer is SUCH a tease, I tell ya. Anyway, I'm a big TFs fan, in case you can't tell and I have a lot of the toys from all different iterations, but mostly G1, Beast Wars, and Beast Machines. I also got that 20th Anniversery Prime and is it true they are making a Starscream like that? Because I'd be all over that along with that new classics line. I hope this movie is good but from what I have heard we should think of it as 'Ultimate Transformers', so there will be a lot of changes but having the old voices would be neat. And the thing written on the police car, that's awesome, dude!

Moo2u
Jul 19, 2006, 11:04 PM
Ya, the police car is da bomb.

DarthMegatron
Jul 19, 2006, 11:38 PM
By the way, Anyone know where I can find Beast Wars, or Beast Machines on DVD?

Deathscythealpha
Jul 20, 2006, 06:46 AM
On 2006-07-19 20:52, DarthMegatron wrote:
I also got that 20th Anniversery Prime and is it true they are making a Starscream like that? Because I'd be all over that along with that new classics line.

There is a Masterpeice Starscream set to be released in Japan later this year, designed by the Macross Mecha designer. This new figure is actually causing a lot of controversy as its not as reminescent of the original character as people have wanted it to be. The designer is a notorious Plane fanatic and has worked really hard to ge thte most realistic transforming F-15 out of the toy...sadly sacrificing some of the robots aesthetics. Its looks like Starscream, but definately has a Macross vibe to it. There has been no set colourscheme yet, but one that has surfaced gives old Screamer a realistic jet colour that once again doesnt scream true to the original design. Its really about how faithful you want this toy to be (And if you have the $100 odd to spend on importing the figure).

[Edit] Picture just turned up today at http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=103349

A lot of cool engineering has gone into this toy, but the colours may put a lot of fans off.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deathscythealpha on 2006-07-20 05:11 ]</font>

Moo2u
Jul 20, 2006, 03:24 PM
On 2006-07-19 21:38, DarthMegatron wrote:
By the way, Anyone know where I can find Beast Wars, or Beast Machines on DVD?

I don't think Mainframe released them on dvd yet, or if they have I haven't seen it around. That would be something I'd love to buy. That and Reboot....REBOOT!

DarthMegatron
Jul 20, 2006, 11:23 PM
I found them on Amazon and eBay! You can get all three seasons and three complete box sets and you can get Beast Machines the complete series as a set. Amazon is cheaper though, I think, if you go used.

Moo2u
Jul 20, 2006, 11:45 PM
Oh...well then....nevermind....REBOOT!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DarthMegatron
Jul 21, 2006, 12:25 AM
Reboot, ahaha. Remember Megabyte? Anyway, you could probably find that too if you looked it up, too. Code Lyoko wishes it was Reboot.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jul 21, 2006, 02:59 PM
On 2006-07-20 04:46, Deathscythealpha wrote:
There is a Masterpeice Starscream set to be released in Japan later this year, designed by the Macross Mecha designer. This new figure is actually causing a lot of controversy as its not as reminescent of the original character as people have wanted it to be. The designer is a notorious Plane fanatic and has worked really hard to ge thte most realistic transforming F-15 out of the toy...sadly sacrificing some of the robots aesthetics. Its looks like Starscream, but definately has a Macross vibe to it. There has been no set colourscheme yet, but one that has surfaced gives old Screamer a realistic jet colour that once again doesnt scream true to the original design. Its really about how faithful you want this toy to be (And if you have the $100 odd to spend on importing the figure).

A lot of cool engineering has gone into this toy, but the colours may put a lot of fans off.

The toy looks great, if you ask me. It may not be precisely what the original was, but it seems to me that the changes made are mostly an increase in detail. I'm not sure that this should be a problem-- after all, it'd be silly to complain that Laura Croft in Tomb Raider IV isn't true to Laura Croft in the original Tomb Raider because she's got a higher polygon count, wouldn't it? Quite frankly, I think that's the best Starscream I've seen thus far.

DarthMegatron
Jul 21, 2006, 03:45 PM
Yes, but don't you suppose he should red, white/grey/silver, and blue? As oposed to that ugly naval camoflauge scheme. Speaking of which, if that guy was really a plane designer he would know that the Navy uses that, not the Air Force. You can even ask some of the people in the Navy, the prefer the way their planes used to be painted.

But anywayz, people - anybody got anymore TFs movie rumors or info? I'm dying to hear or see more!

HUnewearl_Meira
Jul 21, 2006, 04:06 PM
On 2006-07-21 13:45, DarthMegatron wrote:
Yes, but don't you suppose he should red, white/grey/silver, and blue? As oposed to that ugly naval camoflauge scheme. Speaking of which, if that guy was really a plane designer he would know that the Navy uses that, not the Air Force. You can even ask some of the people in the Navy, the prefer the way their planes used to be painted.

I still think he looks just fine. The colors, as seen in the link that Deathscythealpha shared with us, are not entirely inconsistant with the original's, and the overall shape seems to me to be quite comparable to the original's, as well. It looks to my eye, like the original in greater detail.

DarthMegatron
Jul 21, 2006, 06:07 PM
Am I the only one who thinks they ought to make a story in the same Universe as Generation 1, Beast Wars, and Beast Machines? They could make a series that's in between Gen 1 and Beast Wars, maybe. But then, we don't really know what the movie will be about either but it is safe to assume it is a different universe.

Incedentally, that looks more like Thundercracker than Starscream. And I hope they have some more of the seeker jets in the movie than him. Unless they are going to use Skorponoks as Dececpticon foot soldiers this go around.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jul 21, 2006, 08:22 PM
They did make a movie that took place in the same universe as Generation 1; it took place between seasons 2 and 3, had an all-star cast, and even a song by Weird Al.

Deathscythealpha
Jul 21, 2006, 08:34 PM
On 2006-07-21 12:59, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

The toy looks great, if you ask me. It may not be precisely what the original was, but it seems to me that the changes made are mostly an increase in detail. I'm not sure that this should be a problem-- after all, it'd be silly to complain that Laura Croft in Tomb Raider IV isn't true to Laura Croft in the original Tomb Raider because she's got a higher polygon count, wouldn't it? Quite frankly, I think that's the best Starscream I've seen thus far.

Oh dont get me wrong, I actually like the figure and have no real problem with its design. He is an incredible piece of engineering and Ive found some of the Protests from fans on the TF boards that 'Starscream has been ruined' to be a bit...childish is some ways. The colourscheme has me a little weary, as it is quite different in some aspects, but you can see the classic Starscream colourscheme in there. Its a shame that Hasbro have no plans to release this outside of Japan (for the foreseable future, mention at SDCC this week) as I would buy him to accompany my 20th Anniversery Prime and Alternators. Im just too poor to import right now.

Oh, and apparently there was some sort of render of movie Optimus Prime displayed at SDCC this week, suposedly looking a lot like Genertation 2 Laser Optimus Prime (http://www.tfu.info/1995/Autobot/OptimusPrime/optimusprime.htm). No images have turned up yet, so Im not sure how true this is.

[Edit] Blah, I always find out some new News just after Ive posted.

Apparently Peter Cullen has be chosen to voice Optimus Prime in the new movie.

http://www.iesb.net/

This is quite interesting, and exciting news. Its nice to see that one of the classic cast members will reprise their role. Now here's hoping that Frank Welker will come back as Megatron (I will idolise the man even more if he does!).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deathscythealpha on 2006-07-21 18:41 ]</font>

DarthMegatron
Jul 21, 2006, 09:58 PM
AWESOME, that's great to hear. I hope so too that Megs will be voiced by Frank Welker or it just won't be the same. And as for that other link. That's a whole lotta Primes!

And umm, about the old movie. Yes! Of course I have seen that one. I have it and all 98 episodes on video! Optimus Prime dies! Etc, etc. I was talking about them making something new though.

Deathscythealpha
Jul 22, 2006, 06:00 AM
I think at this time adding a live action movie into the G1 mythos could just confuse things.So much of the hostory has already been filled in adding more will feel like a retcon and also damage some suspense. Creating a new universe allows the writer and director a lot of freedom to create something exciting that mixes in old and new favourites without causing an impact on the original work.

On 2006-07-21 18:22, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
and even a song by Weird Al.

'Dare to be Stupid' can often be heard on my playlist.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jul 22, 2006, 11:57 AM
They got Peter Cullen... Hell yes. That was one half of the issue (the important half, as far as I'm personally concerned) that all the fans on DonMurphy.net were largely either in aggreement on, or they were impartial. There were a handfull that didn't want him in the movie, but they were overwhelmed by the others.

From the sounds of things, it seems like they've already decided that they want Frank Welker for Megatron as well, and it's come down to whether or not Mr. Welker wants to do the part. I'm speculating, of course.

Moo2u
Jul 23, 2006, 11:26 AM
Sweet! Original Prime voice! Now I feel a bit less worried about this film. Man! If every news bit I get a bit worried, then not worried! I just want it here already! >.<

kevlar_pso
Jul 24, 2006, 01:21 PM
The Transformersmovie.com clip looks pretty cool. Of course they aren't gonna show a whole lot which is fine seeing as how the movie won't come out for another year. The teaser that is up though looks promising.

DarthMegatron
Jul 24, 2006, 05:13 PM
Heh heh, http://www.michaelbay.com has a countdown to the movie release. I'm pretty sure it's for Transformers, anyway. And that, and the site just mentioned have pretty reliable forums for finding out latest news, and whatnot.

No, of course this movie should take place within a new Universe. But what I mean, is, I think it's about high time they made a sequel or prequel to the original mythos created in GI and Beast Wars, Beast Machines. I've gotten quite tired of the latest series. The whole Armada/Energon/Cybertron series is gettting quite old. The Japanese can obviously NOT do Transformers. And the previous Robots in Disguise series? We won't even talk about that. While each show has gotten progressively slightly better than the last, none of them compared to the first 3 shows. And were we not supposed to notice when certain characters voices and accents changed completely from one series to the next? My point is, they should add on the original shows already. Beast Wars was probably the best written, best character development, etc. Although, the original is great, as well. The recent "The War Within" comic book series was a good example. It delves into the Transformers beginnings of war on Cybertron. Even going so far as to give everyone different, Cybertronian alt modes, as well as robot modes. Pretty cool. If anyone remembers, or has seen, the in GI very first eps, they had different alt modes. This also explains how certain, and later characters, Omega Supreme, Shockwave, Blur, Skyfire/Jetfire, Kup, Ultra Magnus, etc. could have Cybertronian aka 'futuristic' alt modes, they never came to Earth and got new ones.

I really hope they don't make Megatron like the one from Cybertron series. I think they could've come up with something more creative than Cybertronian jet/car. I really don't want to see Megatron turning into the Batmobile. I mean, wouldn't a tank, howitzer, rpg, or heck they could make him like Galvatron if they want something Cybertronian. A futuristic cannon would be nifty.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarthMegatron on 2006-07-24 15:23 ]</font>

Deathscythealpha
Jul 24, 2006, 06:44 PM
On 2006-07-24 15:13, DarthMegatron wrote:
And the previous Robots in Disguise series? We won't even talk about that.

I will actually admit to liking Robots in Disguise as I found it a campy, fun series. It didnt take its self seriously all the time, had a decent ongoing plot and soem of the toys that came out of it were quite fun. The only thing that urked me about the series was the sudden jump from plot goals come the middle of the series ('O-Parts' plot seemed to be randomly thrown in). In my eyes Robots in Disguise is an often under appreciated series.

DarthMegatron
Jul 24, 2006, 07:01 PM
Megatron seemed kind of queer on that one. Quote: "I can't believe their doing this to me on national television!" But yeah, the toys were pretty cool. Also, the new Japanese shows focus too much on the whiney, annoying humans. Where as GI just had Spike and Beast Wars only had cavemen who were briefly seen. Plus, many of the TFs themselves are idiots and not at all worthy of their namesakes. It's really hard to take a lot of them seriously as so many of them act so silly and foolish. The coolest character on Robots in Disguise was Ultra Magnus. Actually cooler than the old version in that he had a grudge for Prime and kicked everyone's butts.

By the way, if anyone finds out if Frank Welker is to play Megs, post it here. I mean, they have to cast him, right? How could they have Cullen without Welker? That would just be silly. They way I see it, it's either all, or nothing. I hope Welker also plays his other roles as does Cullen, too. Cullen was also Ironhide. And Welker as Soundwave along with many of the Decepticons and few Autobots. I don't know if it's prudent to have Kasey Casem back as any various TFs but that would be neat though. He played a LOT of them, in addition to Teletrann 1.

Will the Quintessons be in the new movie? I hated them because they were such good villains but man they were cool. You really just wanted those Quints to get theirs sometimes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarthMegatron on 2006-07-24 17:02 ]</font>

Deathscythealpha
Jul 24, 2006, 08:11 PM
On 2006-07-24 17:01, DarthMegatron wrote:
Megatron seemed kind of queer on that one. Quote: "I can't believe their doing this to me on national television!"

Heh, that had me giggling away. The show didnt take itself too seriously at times, and thats what I liked.

The newer series havent been too fantastic I will admit that. I didnt get to see much Armada, but Energon/Superlink bored me to death. Even with a Bruticus in it I just couldnt see it out. Galaxy Force I stuck out for a lot longer and havent watched the end due to time. Its dub as Cybertron is pretty unbearable though, those stupid accents the voice cast put on are just painful. And I dont know why they decided to change Starscream from cool and calculating to lame in the dub, it just ruined one of the better characters from Galaxy Force. But ah well.

I really hope Welker gets the Megatron role, it will complete the film for me. Hopefully he isnt too bust voicing dogs and ascot wearing teens.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jul 25, 2006, 02:44 PM
I haven't really liked a lot of the newer designs; those from Robots in Disguise in particular. The newer designs don't seem to make quite as efficient useage of the vehicles as the older designs. Whereas the old designs took parts of a car and made them a robot, the newer designs seem to take the body of a car and stick it on something of a skeletal robot; which to me, betrays everything that made the original so interesting. I'm also of the opinion that the toys from Robots in Disguise are far too complicated for the sheer ugliness of the robot modes. Who in the hell let someone do this to the Transformers? Their robot modes are supposed to look as cool as the vehicle modes! Instead, we get this vaguely humanoid robot with gross anatomical deformities that make it look like it's got downs syndrome or something. I don't care what you can do with the wheels, the entire front section of an SUV does NOT an arm, make! It's terrible...

DarthMegatron
Jul 27, 2006, 04:05 PM
Haha, yeah that's true. Or how about this - Optimus Prime combine with Leobreaker to get... a bigger arm!!! Another thing that is the stupidest thing they ever made up, Optimus Prime Super Mode. If he a had a super mode, why would he ever use the less-powerful mode? What's the point of having two robot modes. While it may be inspired the original Ultra Magnus toy, we never saw the smaller robot mode in the show. And for good reason, not only is it just a white Optimus Prime, but it's pointless and retarded to have two robot modes. Unless of course, you're a combiner! Eat your heart out Voltron and Power Rangers!

Another thing that was better about the Original show and even to Beast Wars was each character had their own special power or talent. Ratchet could fix people, Hound had holograms, Mirage could dissapear, Starscream had the Null Ray, Soundwave - well, he's simply as cool as they come. Whereas today, all they do is go 'cyberkey power!', and some hidden weapon pops out from somewhere, whipty-do. And since when does it make sense that a Transformer would have a small transformation or weapon on their body they wouldn't know about? That would be like you or I going, Oh really my jaw can move side to side and up and down!

And speaking of accents, lest you forget every other TF show had them? Ironhide was a redneck, Onslaught was Russian, Thundercracker was 'old', Jazz was 'black', etc... They had them in Beast Wars/Machines too. Although, they are probably worse in these new shows. But then, everything is. All I know is, this movie better not suck, lol. It's just a shame it has to be 'super-realistic' and can't have any mass-shifting. Even though TFs are millions of years ahead of us in technology. *sigh*

Deathscythealpha
Jul 27, 2006, 07:41 PM
On 2006-07-25 12:44, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
I haven't really liked a lot of the newer designs; those from Robots in Disguise in particular. The newer designs don't seem to make quite as efficient useage of the vehicles as the older designs. Whereas the old designs took parts of a car and made them a robot, the newer designs seem to take the body of a car and stick it on something of a skeletal robot; which to me, betrays everything that made the original so interesting. I'm also of the opinion that the toys from Robots in Disguise are far too complicated for the sheer ugliness of the robot modes. Who in the hell let someone do this to the Transformers? Their robot modes are supposed to look as cool as the vehicle modes! Instead, we get this vaguely humanoid robot with gross anatomical deformities that make it look like it's got downs syndrome or something. I don't care what you can do with the wheels, the entire front section of an SUV does NOT an arm, make! It's terrible...

I can see a lot of problems with RID toys and their 'skeletal-ness', but I normally put that down to the transition to it from Beast Wars/Machines. If you look at the bodies they are very much the same as the beast bodies: thin and slender limbs, ball jointed for maximum movement. This design style won Hasbro/Takara a lot of award and praise for the Beast lines and they tried to mimic it slightly with RID, with only partial success. The Car Brothers are awkward puzzles at times, and I find it really ahrd to make my Prowl stand up. The way his body folds into his vehicle mode is also very reminiscent of Beast Wars Neo characters (Im looking at you Break, my beloved by foldy uppy TF Penguin). I put those molds down to learning experiance.

The bigger molds (Prime, Magnus) share more in common with Takara's 'Brave' line of toys. Some of those designs were very 'Sentai' designed and as we know lots of Sentai shows would end with a combination scene, showing the moral that working together can help save the day. I dont mind those designs too much, and actually wish I could get my own RID Prime and Magnus (used to mess around with my Flatmates a lot).

Large, oversized limbs: yeah, not something I like too much. Cybertron Ransack is a bit of a mess due to his huge arms and tiny legs.

DarthMegatron
Aug 1, 2006, 05:47 AM
Hey I found some great links on the Michael Bay website and forum, everyone!

Some neat behind the scenes stuff: http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?storyID=123023092

Interesting pics and a great script review. If that's what happens in the first ten pages of the script I can't wait to see this movie! The writer says that could be a Constructicon. As much as I want to see them in the film, I'm more willing to bet this crane will be substituted with a TFs foot crushing a vehicle, since that happens in the script.
Set pics: http://latinoreview.com/news.php?id=814
Awesome sounding script!: http://latinoreview.com/scriptreview.php?id=25

Moo2u
Aug 18, 2006, 03:41 PM
UBER-BUMB!!

Just thought you guys might want to know what autobots and despticons are in the film. (http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/726/726524p1.html)

DarthMegatron
Aug 21, 2006, 04:48 AM
There's lot's of links to leaked robot designs heh heh too if you check out the forums on http://www.shootfortheedit.com , Micheal Bay's website. There is just simply too many links to list here. Anyway, the name of the threads should be pretty obvious where the pics are. If I get some more time I might post the links to the pics tomorrow.

Deathscythealpha
Aug 24, 2006, 01:32 PM
Movie Megatron Pictures have just started doing the rounds, but seeing as Im not sure how legal they are, I wont post links.

The design does nothing for me really as it is very, very different from the original design. Its just not reminescent of the character at all. Its also very spikey and Alien and...wierd.

Still looking forward to the movie, just a disapointed in this characters design direction.

[edit]
Ah, The Allspark has started hosting the pictures, so here I go with the links:

http://www.allspark.com/gallery/tfmovie

Nice gallery of movie artwork.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deathscythealpha on 2006-08-24 11:38 ]</font>

DarthMegatron
Aug 25, 2006, 10:18 AM
Yes, yes Megs and Starscream look God awful, that they do. All the rest are good though. But you forgot these http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif :

http://flickr.com/photos/lights/218635248/
http://flickr.com/photos/lights/218635247/
http://flickr.com/photos/lights/218635246/
http://flickr.com/photos/lights/218633474/

And just good for measure in case I'm missing anything http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif :
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=108437