PDA

View Full Version : SNES?

REJ-
Jun 10, 2006, 09:32 PM
Know any good games for it, other than the ones in the Mario franchise?

Polly
Jun 10, 2006, 09:38 PM
Nope. The only good games for SNES are Mario :'(

Ether
Jun 10, 2006, 09:41 PM
Megaman Soccer

ABDUR101
Jun 10, 2006, 09:42 PM
Super Metroid, Doom, Ultimate MK3, Megaman series, Demon's Crest, the "Strike" series(Desert, Jungle, Urban), The Hunt for Red October(based on the movie, no less, and it did'nt suck as a game), UN Squadron, Battletoads, Double Dragon..blah blah blah. Too many!

Polly
Jun 10, 2006, 09:48 PM
Double Dragon

Did you mean Super Double Dragon? I thought that game played waaaaaay too slow to really be much fun. There were a lot of cool moves you could do but the levels were just way too long and it played like molasses. It kinda bored me.

I like Battletoads and Double Dragon though. That was a really fun game with two people. I've even played it online via emulator with some friends now and then. Only part I really hate is the Asteroids level.

Eihwaz
Jun 10, 2006, 09:52 PM
Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Terranigma, Final Fantasy VI, Kirby Superstar, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time are all amazingly fun SNES games. Check 'em out, but be prepared to lose lots of time. :3

EDIT: Hurr, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past is damn classic, yo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2006-06-10 20:44 ]</font>

Jaspaller
Jun 10, 2006, 10:06 PM
Zelda, DKC1 and 2 (personally I didn't like 3 too much), the Megaman and MM X series, Maximum Carnage, Batman Returns, Aladdin, Mickey's Magical Quest, Power Rangers, Power Rangers Movie Edition, Star Fox, Yoshi's Cookie (if you like puzzle type games)

And last one I can think of
(Drum roll)
Super Adventure Island 2

There's more, I just can't think of them lol, I have a huge collection and they just won't come to mind.

Eulogy21
Jun 10, 2006, 10:09 PM
Try to find a translated version of "Tales of Phantasia". That game is truly remarkable.

ABDUR101
Jun 10, 2006, 10:12 PM
Really, for anyone who had an SNES, the list of games that were good and worth mentioning is just hellishly long, you're always going to leave out alot more than you can think to mention.

Also, try Metal Warriors. The Street Fighter series, Final Fight series, and hell yeah the TMNT series. Any Zelda game, as standard, as well.

Blitzkommando
Jun 10, 2006, 10:43 PM
Sim City!

Oh, and yeah... big list. I just didn't see Sim City mentioned and it is definitely worth adding to the list. I was lucky enough to find a copy of it, in original shrink-wrap, for $9. Now... if only I had the money at the time for the Super Metroid they had in original shrink-wrap...

DizzyDi
Jun 10, 2006, 11:35 PM
any of the Donkey Kong Country games, Ogre Battle, Act Raiser 1 and 2, Super Mario RPG.

I know others have probably listed most of the ones I was gunna say so I'ma just leave it at that.

Scrub
Jun 10, 2006, 11:46 PM
I dont think anyone mentioned Secret of Mana. REALLY good RPG(s) on the system, even has multiplayer. :> Action based too, none of that boring turn-based shit.

Alucard_Zer0
Jun 11, 2006, 01:48 AM
uniracers was a fantastic game and yeah chrono-trigger was fucking amazing! i wish they'ed make another one or remake it

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alucard_Zer0 on 2006-06-10 23:49 ]</font>

Dre_o
Jun 11, 2006, 01:57 AM
On 2006-06-10 23:48, Alucard_Zer0 wrote:
uniracers was a fantastic game

Haha! Uniracers indeed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Never thought I could have so much fun on one wheel!

But I have one thing to add: Yoshi's Island.
(not exactly "Mario Franchise", due to it's unique nature)

Also the game Battletoads& Double Dragon (different than either thing standing alone, which is what I believe ABDUR meant to say)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2006-06-10 23:58 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 11, 2006, 02:36 AM
On 2006-06-10 19:38, Triela wrote:
Nope. The only good games for SNES are Mario :'(

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Ridiculous.

Star Fox, Illusion of Gaia, Super Punch Out, Actraiser, Saturday night Slammasters, Castlevania 4, Dracula X, Final Fight series, Out of this World, I could go on and on.

Rihcky
Jun 11, 2006, 06:41 AM
Breath Of Fire 1&2, Earthbound, A Link To The Past, Super Punch Out!!, Final Fantasy's, Tales of Phantasia, Lufia I&II, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Bahamut Lagoon, Super Metroid, Megaman's, Mortal Kombat 2, Castlevania 4, NBA Jam, ISS Deluxe, Sensible Soccer, Super Tennis

enough for today.

Link00seven
Jun 11, 2006, 08:34 AM
Gradius III hasn't been mentioned yet. It's so fun!

tank1
Jun 11, 2006, 11:44 AM
Parodius, Cybernator, The Megaman series and the Mystical Ninja are some of my faves.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 11, 2006, 11:48 AM
On 2006-06-11 06:34, Link00seven wrote:
CONTRA III hasn't been mentioned yet. It's so fun!

PJ
Jun 11, 2006, 12:07 PM
The Super Star Wars series is a lot of fun too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Alucard_Zer0
Jun 11, 2006, 02:24 PM
oh i almost forgot earthworm jim that game was great along with the cartoon series

Outrider
Jun 11, 2006, 11:40 PM
Y'know, I was going to add something, but man, this list is going to go on for ever.

Just pick up any number of the games mentioned here, and you should be happy.

RicoRoyal
Jun 11, 2006, 11:52 PM
Only thing I can think of that hasn't been mentioned yet that I own and love to death would be Zombies Ate my Neighbors. If you can get a friend to play alongside you, you will sooo not be dissapointed. Starts out easy and then gets wonderfully chanllenging later on.

Also, just to emphasize a few of the already mentioned (the lists are all full of greatness).

Chrono Trigger (worth 500 times more than the 80 bucks I paid for it ages ago)
Super Metroid
Zelda: A link to the Past
Star Fox
Donkey Kong Country 1 & 2

Scrub
Jun 12, 2006, 03:49 AM
On 2006-06-11 21:52, RicoRoyal wrote:
Starts out easy and then gets wonderfully chanllenging later on.

More like UNGODLY DIFFICULT. Was anybody ever able to beat that game? Passwords were like useless, you wouldn't keep your weapons which just totally screws you over if you're at a high level. >_>

RicoRoyal
Jun 12, 2006, 11:36 AM
On 2006-06-12 01:49, Scrub wrote:

On 2006-06-11 21:52, RicoRoyal wrote:
Starts out easy and then gets wonderfully chanllenging later on.

More like UNGODLY DIFFICULT. Was anybody ever able to beat that game? Passwords were like useless, you wouldn't keep your weapons which just totally screws you over if you're at a high level. >_>

My best friend and I have been trying to beat the game for the past 12 years, actually. We've tried a good three times this year alone. The best idea we've come up with so far is to start 5 or 10 stages before the final level so that we can get better weapons. It's been a few years since we've tried that one though. We've actually tried to play the whole game through in one sitting, but a couple of stages really just beat the shit out of us...

Yeah, uh, fun game though! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kinda funny going back to these little passwords I wrote in the ZAMN's instruction booklet way back in 1994. Sure wish I could beat the damn game already, although I'm sure there is bound to be someone here who has beaten it numerous times over without breaking a sweat http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 12, 2006, 11:56 AM
Indeed.

The original TMNT on NES is just too much and I watched speed runs of that last night. Among other games. That Ninja Gaiden at full speed was ridiculous. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Didn't find a Zombie's Ate My Neighbors one though.