PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question about Katanas...

TheyCallMeJoe
Jun 12, 2006, 12:46 AM
Not ever having wielded a Katana type weapon, I was curious as to what their attack style was. How many hits? Single enemy or multiple? Or maybe something else? I know that some people have had Sange and/or Yasha (ahem ahem Uriko) at some point, and I was curious to see how they behaved in combat.

thanks

whiteninja
Jun 12, 2006, 01:09 AM
Katanas hit one enemy up to three times. It hits like a Saber with a different animation.

The Sange Yasha is not a Katana; it is a Twin Swords made from two Katanas. It attacks like a Mushashi or Asuka. (1->2->2 on a single enemy)

Neith
Jun 12, 2006, 07:14 AM
Haha, this finding S&Y's made me well known ¬_¬

Anyway, katanas are basically like sabers:

They hit one target, 3 times. They have high ATP and ATA, but suffer from fairly slow combos which leave you open to attack. With a God/Heavenly Battle, the slowness isn't as noticable, but you do get interrupted by some faster enemies.

Generally, they're not used much outside of battle mode, but I'm quite fond of them- there are some very nice katanas, like Yamigarasu.

As for Sange & Yasha, that is counted as Twin Swords, the same as a Yamato/Musashi. It hits one target 5 times, you just have a katana in each hand (well, more of a wakizashi for the shorter sword) instead of a photon blade.

Vetsent
Jun 13, 2006, 07:45 PM
On 2006-06-11 22:46, TheyCallMeJoe wrote:
Not ever having wielded a Katana type weapon, I was curious as to what their attack style was. How many hits? Single enemy or multiple? Or maybe something else? I know that some people have had Sange and/or Yasha (ahem ahem Uriko) at some point, and I was curious to see how they behaved in combat.

thanks

Well,last time I checked,the database here says that Akiko's Frying Pan is a Katana.