PDA

View Full Version : Miami Heat (NBA Finals)

InfinityXXX
Jun 12, 2006, 01:10 PM
Dear Miami Heat,

Hello, my name is Infinity and I am a fan of your team. I am writing to yall today because I am losing faith in yall. I'm still hanging on but I am very disapointed that you let those damn Mavericks beat yall ass......twice. I feel that yall are kind of relying too much on Shaq and due to the Mavericks always being all up on Shaq, yall are suffering. Please get your sh*t together and give a beat down to the Mavericks. Yall can do it if ya put your mind to it. I also have devised a plan to take out Dirk Nowitzki and Devin Harris'. I've attached the plan on the back of this letter. Hopefully this will make your chances of winning better.

Your fan,
InfinityXXX
---------------------------------------

I'm joking but I hate that my team is losing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I have to admit though......the Mavericks are good.

Jive18
Jun 12, 2006, 03:26 PM
They might want to try to take out Jason Terry as well http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif.

I understand how much it sucks for your team to be losing - I've been a Cubs fan my entire life. Unfortunately for Miami, Dallas is one of the best defensive teams in the NBA when playing away, so I don't see the Heat's homecourt giving them much advantage during the next 2 (maybe 3) games.

Jehosaphaty
Jun 12, 2006, 03:49 PM
It seriously hurt Miami losing Udonis Haslem. Couple that with the fact that Wade's shooting is pisspoor, Shaq has been dissappointing, and defensively as a team, they all look lost: no help side, no show and go on ball screens, just awful. I'm sure the Heat will get it together game 3, but it's not looking good for them. The Mav's are playing really great ball right now.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 12, 2006, 06:47 PM
Yeah, I understand your sentiments on the Heat.

Like Jehosaphaty said, Wade looks worse for wear. ESPN broke down plays where he literally did not even try. Just giving up on the play. Haslem also kept Dirk in check for game 1, so he is going to be missed.

That officiating was pretty lopsided in game 2, but Miami still needs to hit their shots.

Gotta give it to Dallas rotating to Shaq on every touch, limiting his path to the basket and forcing him to make free throws- which he hasn't done.

Miami looks like they can't run with Dallas, so they'll have to slow down the pace of the game and work their halfcourt sets, taking better shots, limiting long rebounds that Dallas can capitalize on, and getting consistent scoring from people not named Wade or O'Neal.

Here's hoping they take all 3 in South Beach, then fight it out back in Dallas for 6 and possibly 7.

Jehosaphaty
Jun 12, 2006, 09:31 PM
Personally, I think that the Heat haven't done a good enough job playing Wade in the right situations and stretches. With how sick he has been, he can't compete every possession like he might usually be able too. With breaks in the right places, I think that they may be more successfull if he continues to stay under the weather. Here's to hopin he can fight through.

phunk
Jun 13, 2006, 02:30 AM
From Miami area myself and I'm damn disappointed in the last two games. Was near to tears on game 2 =. Hopefully we'll be able to pull out for game 3 since it'll be a home match. =D

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 13, 2006, 03:07 AM
I can't fault Wade like you said, playing under the weather, at whatever percentile of full health he is. He's been sitting out practices but still played out of this stratosphere in game one, nearly dunking on half his field goals; back to back, in traffic, over that Dampier "center" the hometown team here used to have stinking up the place.

I'd like to see them drive in the lane then kick out to an open man or create for Shaq since all he needs is a little room and the posession is over, take the ball out opposing team. At the same time they can rack up fouls on Dallas' frontline and Shaq will have his way with whoever is left to battle with him.

Easier said than done with Dallas playing this well however.

InfinityXXX
Jun 13, 2006, 09:30 AM
Maybe they'll do better since they'll be at home (and they restratagize like your saying Haya) but the Mavericks are good. *I kinda doubted them*You can tell how focused they are. I'm the only one in my house going for the Heat (we once lived in Dallas and we live about 2 hours away from Dallas now) so all yesterday I got a lot of "IN YO FACE" and "TOLD YA SO, WE'LL WIN!"......... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

kevlar_pso
Jun 13, 2006, 01:10 PM
I am a huge basketball fan, that being said, I had the Heat in 6 games. Dallas has surprised me, I didn't think anybody from the Western Conference Finals could withstand either the Pistons or the Heat. Yes Dallas is up two games but the series if far from over. I look forward to the Heat coming out to the home crowd and making this a series again. I will go as far as to say that they will have a decisive victory in game 3.

InfinityXXX
Jun 14, 2006, 12:04 AM
Yeeaaaah boy, we won game 3....but barely -.-

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 14, 2006, 12:39 AM
Dwyane Wade took over down the stretch.

He was a part of every key play while Dirk disappeared. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Oji_Retta
Jun 14, 2006, 07:42 AM
bump the mavericks. Eastside, we got this on lock.

Luis
Jun 14, 2006, 04:29 PM
nice shot by gary payton he prove that he is a nba veteran!

Jehosaphaty
Jun 14, 2006, 05:38 PM
On 2006-06-14 14:29, Luis wrote:
nice shot by gary payton he prove that he is a nba veteran!

Veteran, yes; complete asshole, yes. Gary made a beautiful shot, but the man is so full of himself it makes me sick.