PDA

View Full Version : "...So, what now?"

Ma_Navu
Jun 13, 2006, 12:55 PM
I have a little dillema, here: I've been playing PSO offline on my GC for quite some time (I have no access to GC's online mode) and even managed to get two characters to ridiculously high levels. However, with those two characters, I have beaten every quest on both episodes and defeated Dark Falz and Olga Flow on Ultimate mode. This has left me with the thought, "...So, what now?" I don't know what else to do until this saturday, when I'll get access to PSOBB!

There's the option of raising another character, which I don't feel like doing; what's the point of making a new character when you're gonna have to start over on another version?

So, the question I'm basically posing here is, "What should I do for the rest of this week in order to kill time while waiting for PSOBB?"

Shigecki
Jun 13, 2006, 01:06 PM
Go outside!!!

TheStoicOne
Jun 13, 2006, 01:16 PM
LOL!! OOOOOR, get GC online, and drop the BB perscription?

Ma_Navu
Jun 13, 2006, 01:16 PM
XD

I would, but, where I live, the only thing around is a Brandsmart. So why look at merchandice when I don't have money? All it does is depress me! Second off, the sun hurts my eyes. XD

Ma_Navu
Jun 13, 2006, 01:21 PM
'fraid I can't. I used to have GC online, as well as a dial-up modem. Now, I have Comcast. Comcast = doesn't work with my GC's Dial-up Only hardware. BB is my only chance at online play.

TheStoicOne
Jun 13, 2006, 01:28 PM
Aw well. I guess I'll have to recruit elsewhere. GL on BB.

Ma_Navu
Jun 13, 2006, 01:35 PM
Believe me, if it were up to me, I'd play the GC version online. With BB, I kinda feel like my memory card got erased and I have to start over. Oh well.

And good luck to you on finding people to play online with.

Dhylec
Jun 13, 2006, 02:11 PM
If you don't wanna join BB, then you can play other games while waiting for PSU instead.

Ma_Navu
Jun 13, 2006, 02:16 PM
Actually, I do want to join BB. I just kinda feel bad that I've spent more than 500 hours on the GC version, and now I'm going to be changing to a different version.

Oh well. Online mode is better, anyhow. It beats playing the game by yourself.

Rhelik
Jun 13, 2006, 04:49 PM
On 2006-06-13 12:16, Ma_Navu wrote:
I just kinda feel bad that I've spent more than 500 hours on the GC version, and now I'm going to be changing to a different version.

Yeah...thats the reason i never joined BB.

I didnt really want to start back at level 1 with nothing again. Either way, PSU is kinda close I think i'll keep GC going or try to find a video game that simulates being outdoors. Gotta take it one step at a time man lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rhelik on 2006-06-13 14:49 ]</font>

whiteninja
Jun 13, 2006, 04:52 PM
Get both of your characters to lv183. One is near already, the other will take some work. 183 is about halfway to 200, so even though you will never get there, you can still bag a grand total of 83 million EXP before you leave.

DikkyRay
Jun 13, 2006, 05:10 PM
its lame because all my ggod friends that i met are all on bb now. And i cant get bb because mt computer sucks. And now idk if they will use the same character names on psu.... so now i have around 50 ppl who i wont know if i see them on psu.
Moral:blue burst sucks

TheyCallMeJoe
Jun 13, 2006, 05:22 PM
I recently started playing again after some odd years, and I would have gotten BB by now if it weren't for PSU. I'm waiting it out...rather than wasting my money on something I would only use for a little bit (BB) when I was going to purchase something else to replace it only a little while later (PSU).

Ma_Navu
Jun 13, 2006, 05:22 PM
Actually, it doesn't suck (at least, it doesn't suck to me), because I ain't gonna be playing PSU. Yeah, it seems like a great game, but I won't have access to it, seeing as though my comp can handle BB but not PSU. Secondly, BB is my only chance at going online. My GC can't go online and PSU is too complicated for my comp.

TheStoicOne
Jun 13, 2006, 06:31 PM
@Dikkyray : just name your characters the same names, or even just one, maybe your most noticeable one, and they should recognize you.

metatime
Jun 14, 2006, 02:27 AM
If you are interested in getting a BBA for the GC, you can get it here at Nintendo's site.

http://tinyurl.com/4y5mz

Neith
Jun 14, 2006, 07:19 AM
On 2006-06-13 15:10, DikkyRay wrote:
its lame because all my ggod friends that i met are all on bb now. And i cant get bb because mt computer sucks.
Moral:blue burst sucks

BB doesn't suck. BB's a nice addition to the PSO series, it's essentially an improved version of GC/XB PSO, with the added bonus of Episode 4.

It's a shame your computer sucks, it's a decent game.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 14, 2006, 11:36 AM
Telepipe leet Ep 2 Mil Lilly Rares such as Windmill and REGENERATE GEAR.

Or figure this one out on your own.

You've got the whole internet in front of you, I don't understand the boredom. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Ma_Navu
Jun 14, 2006, 11:43 AM
That's a good question. I'm bored because I go to a select few websites, and sadly, they don't update that fast, thus leading to my boredom.

And about the Mil Lillies? They live in the caves. I loathe the caves. I can stand any other place, but the caves are just boring and depressing.

EDIT: That, and why try finding the Windmill or Regen Gear? My Section ID'll give me a Sange for killing a Mil Lily!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ma_Navu on 2006-06-14 09:46 ]</font>

Neith
Jun 14, 2006, 11:50 AM
Hayabusa-FMW- was referring to Episode 2 Mil Lilies. You're thinking of Ep1 Lilies.

I don't know, check dropcharts, find a target item to hunt, then go for it? There must be something you'd still like, or a goal you have yet to achieve?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 14, 2006, 12:10 PM
Because those items are not worth the time.

You'll be piping for junky weps.

That will give you the greatest sense of accomplishment and fill up a few days while you wait.

Ma_Navu
Jun 14, 2006, 12:12 PM
Oops... I forgot about Episode 2 all together!

Anyways, there was always one item I wanted to gt my hands on, but the monster carrying it is few in number, and has a low chance of dropping the item. The item is S-Red's Arms. I've tried getting one many times before, but I can't seem to find one.

TheStoicOne
Jun 14, 2006, 12:35 PM
Just bit*h slap the mines. I've found a couple, but Yellowbaze gets secure feet from ult ep2 mil lilies. And only if you have a fleshy ranger, these won't really come in handy.

GreenArcher
Jun 14, 2006, 12:52 PM
I don't know about you guys, but the most fun I have in PSO is racing to ultimate. If you think about it like that, it's gonna bust your balls. Thinking about how much time you've spent on other characters is gonna be really frustrating. I mean, look at my past: Started on gamecube, where I corrupted about 7 times. Went to xbox, got a high level, but then changed my account name so I had to start over. Then I went to Blue Burst and got high levels. Canceled my account, went back to gamecube. Got four characters to around 80, memory card corrupted, and now I've just started over again on Blue Burst. My highest level character has been something like 135, but I've had about literally 20 characters between 100-130. For me, the game begins to get boring when you pass level 100 and can handle ultimate. There's nothing left for you to do except power level, and hunt uber rares. Both of those will drain and desire to play PSO.

blace
Jun 14, 2006, 01:01 PM
Another thing that could be done is that you can try to find as many rares as you can before this Saturday. At least you will be able to relive the GC PSO experience a little longer before you move on to BB and at least use your characters for several moments before you wisk them away into the dark depths of your memory.

Ma_Navu
Jun 14, 2006, 01:26 PM
Chances are, I'll end up remaking my GC characters on BB once I'm at a high enough level, thus ensuring I won't forget the characters and the time I spent with them.

On 2006-06-14 10:52, Green_Archer3 wrote:
I don't know about you guys, but the most fun I have in PSO is racing to ultimate. If you think about it like that, it's gonna bust your balls. Thinking about how much time you've spent on other characters is gonna be really frustrating. I mean, look at my past: Started on gamecube, where I corrupted about 7 times. Went to xbox, got a high level, but then changed my account name so I had to start over. Then I went to Blue Burst and got high levels. Canceled my account, went back to gamecube. Got four characters to around 80, memory card corrupted, and now I've just started over again on Blue Burst. My highest level character has been something like 135, but I've had about literally 20 characters between 100-130. For me, the game begins to get boring when you pass level 100 and can handle ultimate. There's nothing left for you to do except power level, and hunt uber rares. Both of those will drain and desire to play PSO.

Wow, you're pretty tenacious when it comes to playing PSO! However, my opinion on that is, I don't think it gets boring when you're at high levels. I think it gets boring when you've done everything in the game and have no access to an online version. The fact that you can communicate with others during online-mode allows me to have a better experience playing the game, instead of silently performing mundane tasks offline. But then again, that's just my opinion.

blace
Jun 14, 2006, 01:37 PM
Offline play does tend to be boring and often times tedious (especially caves) it does have some benefits however such as the monsters you fight are not so deadly that you will not be able to kill it but the lack of communication in the game with in game characters is just torture.

Ma_Navu
Jun 14, 2006, 01:52 PM
As my brother once said (Who already has access to PSOBB), "Online mode tends to get difficult... but it sure beats the hell out of playing alone."