PDA

View Full Version : Seeking a little clarification

Danger_Girl
Oct 20, 2002, 01:43 AM
This has been talked about in the past here, and I have read some conflicting things. My question has to do with the 'fixed' version of the game being segrigated from the 'dupe bugged' version of the game. My concern is that I have some good friends who imported the game. I have heard that the people with the bugged game will be kept on seperate servers, meaning I wont be able to play with my friends who imported, which would kind of suck. Also if this is true, wouldn't a person who had both the fixed and bugged version of the game be able to dupe stuff with the bugged version, then bring them online with the fixed version...which of course would make having a fixed version kind of pointless.

Anyway, my main concern is that I wont be able to play with friends who have the import. Just hope some of you can inlighten me on what the plan is for this whole mess.

Castoth
Oct 20, 2002, 01:54 AM
There is no official plan; only speculation. In other words, no one will know for sure what happens until October 30th.

Spy
Oct 20, 2002, 02:04 AM
Odds are high that characters from one version wont be loadable on another, so duping in that manner will not be of worry.

Rhete
Oct 20, 2002, 05:05 PM
Sega stated that if there is a fixed JP version, characters from the bugged version will not be able to convert at all. Personally, I do not think there will be a fixed JP version. Sega has not said anything about it for a while, and duping is not that bad of a problem. We'll find out soon enough if the JP and US servers are connected or not

jello44
Oct 20, 2002, 06:37 PM
I dunno, I think it would be pretty stupid to seperate the servers,I mean how else are us US player going to get s-ranks with out the highly skilled JP players leading the way? :P Anyway I haven't heard many problems about people duping, it just seems to be a few people.