PDA

View Full Version : Fraps causing lag

Neith
Jun 14, 2006, 05:24 PM
Ive just installed Fraps, and am looking to make some short videos for BB, just to show some friends the game, since they won't give it a chance.

Ive got it to work, but I'm getting a lot of lag in-game while it's recording. I knew there'd be some, but it is very noticable lag, which in turn is being shown in the recorded videos.

Does anyone have any idea how to reduce the lag without knocking BB's visual settings down?

Cheers.

VioletSkye
Jun 14, 2006, 05:56 PM
unfortunately there isn't much you can do. If it's lagging then that's all that your system has to give it and it becomes a hardware limitation. Overclocking components "could" help a little or alot but I don't recommend doing it unless you know what you're doing (too much heat and/or voltage can fry stuff.) You can try lowering the res and/or the visual settings abit and see what works best with the best overall video quality. I'd try lowering the res first and seeing how it does, then set the res back and lower the visual settings abit and see how it does.

Neith
Jun 15, 2006, 09:35 AM
I've knocked the resolution down to 800x600, and Fraps hardly lagged my PC at all. I play in 1024x768 normally, so it looked horrible, but hey, it works.

Kou-Diacyper
Jun 16, 2006, 02:27 PM
Try turning off the sound recording aswell, that generally helps.