PDA

View Full Version : Which RED do you prefer

sum182
Jun 14, 2006, 06:35 PM
Out of all the RED items, which do you prefer to use. or do you just cary around all of them.

jkrox4eva
Jun 14, 2006, 07:36 PM
i like all of em. heh.

DikkyRay
Jun 14, 2006, 07:42 PM
The red handgun really helped me out when my first char was in ultimate... It would have been my favorite weapon if my char wasnt corrupted. Never got another rhg again....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DikkyRay on 2006-06-14 17:43 ]</font>

YohYoh
Jun 14, 2006, 08:09 PM
The red saber because it was the first red weapon I found.

-Crokar-
Jun 14, 2006, 09:18 PM
heh red sword is my main wep for my humar
red handgun main for my ramar

Muzuki
Jun 14, 2006, 09:22 PM
i like the partisian both strong and fast

TheStoicOne
Jun 14, 2006, 09:53 PM
R-mechs are by far the sexiest
IMO, RA-w/e + RM's = teh secks

Jive18
Jun 15, 2006, 08:36 AM
The only one I use frequently is Red Dagger, on my HUnewearl. Using Geist to gain back all the tp I lose from Spirit specials has become dead useful, especially because I was lucky enough to find my daggers with some hit %.

Zeig123
Jun 15, 2006, 09:27 AM
The red handgun really helps me out so I would have to go with it.

Xaos127
Jun 15, 2006, 10:23 AM
Red Mechgun.

Neith
Jun 15, 2006, 10:36 AM
I don't really use any of them a great deal anymore, but:

Red Saber is incredibly useful in Battle (with the Red Coat/Crimson Coat boosts on BB)
Red Daggers are a very nice weapon, the special is amazing.

The rest of them are good, but I have other preferences.

Feelmirath
Jun 15, 2006, 11:36 AM
Well, red handgun's helped me out on several occasions (including solo towers XD)
I vote that.

Hrith
Jun 15, 2006, 12:47 PM
Slicer, duh. Most powerful slicer in the game, and probably the most useful weapon type, for about any class.
Could have hoped for a better special >_>

Ailleurs
Jun 15, 2006, 02:04 PM
On 2006-06-15 10:47, Kef wrote:
Slicer, duh. Most powerful slicer in the game, and probably the most useful weapon type, for about any class.
Could have hoped for a better special >_>

Rainbow Baton and Slicer of Fanatic have more ATP than Red Slicer.

blace
Jun 15, 2006, 02:23 PM
Red Sword. Why? Strongest sword I have until I finally unseal the J-Sword.

Hrith
Jun 15, 2006, 02:47 PM
On 2006-06-15 12:04, Ailleurs wrote:
Rainbow Baton and Slicer of Fanatic have more ATP than Red Slicer. http://aerfen.free.fr/rly/notrly.jpg

Neith
Jun 15, 2006, 02:50 PM
Wouldn't it only be more powerful with Crimson Coat (maybe Red Coat too, haven't worked this out). If that's the case, then the Baton and SoF are more powerful- you're just relying on an armour boost.

Also, that's only on BB. On GC/XB, wouldn't Rainbow Baton would be stronger?

Hrith
Jun 15, 2006, 02:55 PM
Yeah, but only BB matters, other versions are so 2003 (at best).

You can't even complain about the rarity of Crimson Coat anymore, so there is absolutely no excuse.

Red Slicer owns the slicer weapon type in both ATA and ATP.

R2D6battlebot
Jun 15, 2006, 03:13 PM
1. Lots of people still play the console versions.
2. If you find a Rainbow Baton that wasnt made with high hit %, slap the owner.
3. If sacing dfp and evp for minor atp differences is your thing, then by all means use your red slicer w/ trash special instead of a rainbow baton. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Skorpius
Jun 15, 2006, 07:32 PM
Rainbow Baton owns Red Slicer any day. If you disagree, you're only kidding yourself and have more to learn.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2006-06-15 17:41 ]</font>

Eihwaz
Jun 15, 2006, 07:38 PM
Kef, I've always respected you on these boards, but your last post strikes me being as very arrogant and elitist.

Yeah, so you play PSO BB, and yeah, it's still the only version of PSO that gets updates. But, there are dozens and dozens of people on this board who still play GC and Xbox. Hell, there are still people who play the game exclusively on DC.

It's ridiculous to say that Red Slicer is the best slicer ever just because of some item that is BB exclusive. Rainbow Baton IS the best slicer, at least on GC/Xbox. I haven't played BB to any great degree, but I did check the database, and it seems to be true that Red Slicer combined with Crimson Coat trumps both Rainbow Baton and Slicer of Fanatic. Crimson Coat is a rare item that can be only found on BB, so making a statement like that when not all PSO players can get is just not cool.

I mean, you could say "Crimson Coat makes Red Slicer the best Slicer on BB", or perhaps "Red Slicer is the best Slicer in BB if you use the combo item", but otherwise, you can't refute that Rainbow Baton is the superior item on GC/Xbox. With no Crimson Coat, Red Slicer is clearly weaker than Rainbow Baton.

And honestly, Slicer of Fanatic and Rainbow Baton DO have more base ATP than Red Slicer. If you use a boosting item, sure, Red Slicer is better. But by themselves, Slicer of Fanatic and Rainbow Baton trump Red Slicer.

Saying that Item X is superior when Item X is only superior when used with another rare item is rather flawed.

Neith
Jun 15, 2006, 07:40 PM
Red Slicer is a nice weapon, and its boost from Crimson Coat is very, very nice. However, it is weaker than Baton without this boost, and its special attack couldn't really be much worse. In my eyes, Red Slicer is a cheap Rainbow Baton- it's easier to find, and Crimson Coat is a common drop in BB now. Since Iritista is 1/21 from a 'torr, it's a difficult drop, but makes up for it by making an incredibly useful slicer.

Rainbow Baton is great, and should not be made without Hit%. The special attack actually works fairly often, and it does not have to rely on a power-up from armour to make it powerful.

Heh, there's no sense arguing between them- they both have pros and cons, but the decision rests firmly on whether the player is on GC/XB or BB. If on BB, sure, the Red Slicer/Crimson Coat combination is better, but on GC, Rainbow Baton is so much better.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 15, 2006, 10:55 PM
[quote]
On 2006-06-15 12:55, Kef wrote:

You can't even complain about the rarity of Crimson Coat anymore, so there is absolutely no excuse.

Red Slicer owns the slicer weapon type in both ATA and ATP.

I know many people would kill to get that game(lol not really) because it is probably the best rpg on the consoles and it's totally worth it. Not every one likes BB, as you still play the same thing, just with extras. Woo hoo T_T

Forte1224
Jun 16, 2006, 12:32 AM
Guys, lets not flame kef about his opinion. It's his opinion after all. We gotta respect each other's choices for weapons.

And this is what, the 500th thread with this exact topic or what?

Hrith
Jun 16, 2006, 03:25 AM
On 2006-06-15 17:38, Eihwaz wrote:
Saying that Item X is superior when Item X is only superior when used with another rare item is rather flawed.Not when the armour is one of the best in the game, and boosts several weapons.

You're just adding "if" to your statements; "if you are on BB", "if you have Crimson Coat". I did not say "if", I just stated a fact.

Fact: Red Slicer has more ATP and ATA than any other slicer.

Rainbow Baton has clearly less ATP, a better but equally useless special, and is a whole lot rarer.
Slicer of Fanatic has about the same ATP, much less ATA, a much better special, but only hits three targets.

Now you go fight facts, I have to go to work.

EJ
Jun 16, 2006, 05:04 AM
Eh, Kef red slicer is only stronger than the other two when combine with crimson coat and not many people have BB or have the coat either.

Rainbow Baton > Red Slicer in atp and ata when you are not including the Crimson Coat in the agrument.

On topic, I always had my red saber with me.

Hrigg
Jun 16, 2006, 10:11 AM
In Diskas, I prefer a high hit Diska of Braveman. Can easily do more damage than any of those slicers. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Favorite Red weapons are Sword, Partisan, and Handgun.

Neith
Jun 16, 2006, 12:31 PM
Red Slicer Ground ATP: 280-290
Red Slicer ATA: +38
Red Slicer Special: Flame

Rainbow Baton Ground ATP: 348-368
Rainbow Baton ATA: +40
Rainbow Baton Special: Havoc

Without the boost from Crimson Coat, it's clear the Baton has far more ATP (its minimum ATP is higher than the Red Slicer's maximum), it is more accurate, and has a better special.

Yes, it is a great deal rarer, but since every Rainbow Baton should have Hit%, it's worth it. A minor point, but Baton is also usable by FOnewearl.

The Crimson Coat boost increases the Red Slicer's stats above the Baton's, but you have to consider that some people will a) not want to use/not have a Crimson Coat (hell, I didn't until a few days ago) b) Apparently, some people don't play BB, so a non-existant item isn't going to boost their Red Slicer.

The Red Slicer is a nice weapon, and with that boost, is superior. However, on GC/XB PSO and for some people on BB, the Baton is a better choice.

At the end of the day, it's totally opinionated.

Zarbolord
Jun 16, 2006, 01:11 PM

I bet you just rely on new things to be powerful, I'm disapointed in you Kef http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif
I think that both slicers, if handled correctly, are amazing. I like the Red Mechs due to the fact that they are mechs. Red Saber is also my fav because it's the one I use for ULT Seabed and works just fine with my FOmar. Also the first I found http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bunny.gif
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cheepcheep.gif
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_hamster.gif