PDA

View Full Version : Piper Clarification

FOcast
Jun 14, 2006, 10:24 PM
Time for another lame pipe question thread..

Okay, I understand the basics of the piping trick, I think- and I hope so, cause otherwise I've been doing it wrong for the last three years- but my question concerns how the engine loads the new monsters; in some guides (Tycho's especially), I've noticed where it mentions killing multiple monsters using the pipe trick: and I've always been of the belief that if you kill a monster, it won't be included in the next pipe.

Is it divided out by waves, as in you can leave one monster left in a room and the waves will reset by piping (ala the Legend of Zelda key trick)? Or are we going off the hope that more will spawn in the second or third waves; and if so, why pipe at all? I can't find the logic in piping for two hildebears, then killing the two that spawn after because they 'might' be hildeblues. Why not just run the quest multiple times and brute force the odds then?

Just a little confused.. any clearing up on this is very appreciated. >___<

TheyCallMeJoe
Jun 15, 2006, 12:28 AM
Ummm...youre not supposed to kill them otherwise they will remain dead next time you pipe.

Piping resets the monster data when you re-enter the field, giving you a chance of getting a rare monster. But if that monster is dead it won't re-appear. AT least that's been my experience.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 15, 2006, 12:49 AM
If you're talking about the Single Player Quest Forest of Sorrow, you kill the Hildebears/Delts that jump down into the area in order to have 4 total in the room at the same time, then start your piping.

So everytime you pipe down there's 4 chances of the rare version.

FOcast
Jun 15, 2006, 01:01 AM
Ahh, okay- so it means the most desirable piping set isn't the first wave in the room.

Alright, was just curious if there was some extra part to the method I wasn't aware of- thanks for clearing that up for me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif