PDA

View Full Version : Lol, online DS

TheOneHero
Jun 17, 2006, 06:31 PM
Fixed it. Let's play.

Since I already have a wireless router; I didn't purchase Nintendo's uber port thing. Anyway, booted up Mario Kart DS, checked out the online settings and did an auto access thing, said it couldn't obtain an IP address. (Mind you, I did this like a foot or less away from the router to help it out like Nintendo said to do.)

Anyway, I do a manual setup, follow all the steps I was asked. I boot up, the test connection works just fine, but I can't connect to the actual server. And, the internet goes out on the computer when this happens, forcing me to reboot.

I get online at Nintendo's help site, and they said to open my local area connection properties. I do so, follow all the steps and do another auto access thing, says it can't obtain an IP and to try a manual setup. D:

I'm back to where I was, so like, help pea ell zee. ;-;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-06-17 18:28 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2006-06-20 12:17 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Jun 18, 2006, 01:20 PM
What brand and model of router? Also you mention that the internet on the PC went out. Did it say anything about a device on the network having the same IP? Have you checked in your router's config page to make sure DHCP is enabled? Also, do you have any security encryption enabled like WEP or WPA? If so, those can be case sensitive.

Unfortunately I don't have a DS so I'm not able to help with the setup, but maybe we can figure out why it won't connect. Lastly, turn your DS on and powercycle to router (which will refresh the tables and reassign IP address.)

PS. This seems like a stupid question but do you have the wireless enabled on your router? Have you been using the wireless previously already?

TheOneHero
Jun 20, 2006, 02:12 PM
Actually, I was able to get online and even edited my post to have it crossed out. Donno why it was moved. =/

I guess I forgot a HTML code or something while editing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Thanks for the help anyway. :3

Actually, the problem was my router was sending too much information to my DS. So I just had to change information settings and such. Saiffy was kind enough to help out moments after I posted this in FKL, XD.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2006-06-20 12:18 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Jun 20, 2006, 02:28 PM
Cool!! Glad you got everything figured out http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif