PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding item farming...

Botchla
Jun 18, 2006, 02:58 PM
So i'm playing through on the Xbox version of PSO... i know it's probably inferior to what everyone else plays, but i dig it... but to any avail, what's the best way to farm certain items, since my main character isn't going to always be the ideal section ID/class? Do i have to level up each character accordingly, or can i just start a game with someone in the player 1 slot that is of the section ID i need to get an item? Any responses regarding this i would like to thank in advance. : )

Zeig123
Jun 18, 2006, 04:06 PM
You have to have the ideal section id on the character in first player and they have to be the appropriate lv to go to the appropriate mode.

TheyCallMeJoe
Jun 18, 2006, 10:20 PM
I find it easier just to create a whole new characer to find new items from a diffferent section ID. It's not always a drag either. i've been wanting a few things for my Hunter, and I didn't want to make a new one, so I decided to make a Force who's section ID could get these items. It's actually been quite entertaining.

TheStoicOne
Jun 18, 2006, 10:42 PM
Since I'm guessing your new to this game, I'll try my best to help you start correctly:
Online: It doesn't really matter, I'm sure you'll find some legit friends who will have the Id your looking for. And you will more than likely have one they're looking for. That's how the community works.

Offline: You definitely want to go to the Item database, and find all of the items weapons you really like and that you wouldn't mind having. I suggest you write them down on paper, or typr them out and print them. Then you go through them and see which ID finds a majority of tose items, then you check the characters section of this website located under PSO Eisode 1&2, or I'll post you a link here soon. Then you want to make sure you follow the max stat guide to make sure when your character reach hugher levels, they are battling at their maximum potential.

Here is the max stat guide http://pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2265
And welcome to the forum!

Botchla
Jun 19, 2006, 03:17 AM
word, i really appreciate all the help. Already building my mag for having max stats on my FONewm... figured i could do this to sidetrack me until i have the game and it's mechanics down... and just out of curiosity, is there any way to enhance a weapons effectiveness against certain types of enemies other than when you take it to a tekker unidentified? Thanks in advance : )

Neith
Jun 19, 2006, 08:07 AM
Online, you can purchase Photon Spheres from Paganini's Shop, for 99 Photon Drops. By revisiting his shop after completing the Tower side-quests, you can use the Sphere to add 30% to an attribute. You can also use 20 Photon Drops instead to add 5%.

This is online only though, if you're offline-only then you can't do this.

Botchla
Jun 19, 2006, 12:30 PM
Suh-weet. You guys pretty much rule... i owe a lot to you folks... also a big thanks to DanaRanger (pretty sure that was her name) for supplying an awesome offline gear guide. : )

xxTrystanxx
Jun 20, 2006, 06:07 PM
Welcome to PSOX! If you ever venture online, feel free to look me up in Davburite 10 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif