PDA

View Full Version : Sad story

Po-Fu
Jun 18, 2006, 10:22 PM
One of the most troubling things that have ever randomly (as in un-provoked) happened to me happened about two days ago. My Dreamcast finally broke, for whatever reason. ;_;

I played PSO vers. 1 and 2 on my DC, and it breaks my heart now that it's gone.

Upon hearing that my DC finally broke, one of my great friends got me a Gamecube, and PSO ver. III. I just ordered a new copy of the PSO vers. 1 and 2 for GC, and should get it in a week or two. I can't wait to play online once more.

...Just not looking forward to having to get to level 200 again. ;_;

Thought I'd share this with you all.

Dre_o
Jun 18, 2006, 11:52 PM
Your Dreamcast has joined mine in the Great Videogame Beyond http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Though my XBox is teetering on the brink, I feel I will soon lose it......

A moment of silence for the fallen game system....

darthsaber9x9
Jun 19, 2006, 07:09 AM
I would say though, if you're gonna play online, go for Blueburst. From what I remember (I have been inactive for sometime though) it had way more users than the GC version.

Rhelik
Jun 19, 2006, 10:05 AM
DCs were known to die out quickly, the motor blew on mine 6 months after i had it.

It's good that yours lasted so long.

zwandude15
Jun 19, 2006, 10:23 AM
Although I don't personally relate to your loss, I wouldn't suggest you get the GC version for online play.

Online GC has become hack paradise, and has far fewer players that play, to play. Blueburst includes the first versions as well as a whole new one. You'll be glad to see the greater number of online players too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

sprky585
Jun 19, 2006, 11:21 AM
dude my DC still kicks-ass, i never had PSO for it but i played virtua tennis on it yesterday, those graphics were the shiznit! i loved that game, u didnt even need a TV, you could play on the memproy card, those memopry cards were awesome they would say like SLAM DUNK! if you dunked it in a basketball game or something but i loved the dreamcast

DikkyRay
Jun 19, 2006, 12:14 PM
Wow, people obviously dont realize theres another server for gcn.Besides, there are still lots of users in gcn. You just need to know where to look. It is not a "hack central" Because all the hackers and fsoders went to bb. I havent been fsod'd for almost 5 months now. And people play all the time. I suggest you get ep3. There seems to be an increase in players. I saw 20 or so yesterday

Marter
Jun 19, 2006, 12:49 PM
The foru rules prevent you from telling anybody now to connect to the private servers. BTW Thier is serveral "free" servers, but we are NOT allowed to tell how to connect to them.

Hexadecimal
Jun 21, 2006, 03:57 AM
I never understood why. The reason is supposedly being affiliated with Sonic Team...

But people could post about their stuff with the PSU Beta stuff? I am afraid I fail to see the logic.

It doesn't matter though. Both are afflicted with FSODs at this time.

Skorpius
Jun 21, 2006, 04:31 AM
On 2006-06-19 10:14, DikkyRay wrote:
Wow, people obviously dont realize theres another server for gcn.

That's not something you can just "realize".

EphekZ
Jun 21, 2006, 04:40 PM
On 2006-06-21 01:57, Hexadecimal wrote:
I never understood why. The reason is supposedly being affiliated with Sonic Team...

But people could post about their stuff with the PSU Beta stuff? I am afraid I fail to see the logic.

It doesn't matter though. Both are afflicted with FSODs at this time.

beta was free and offered by sonic team, these servers and authorized by st. atleast I dont think so