PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB: Several questions I can't find asnwers to...

Ecks_VII
Jun 19, 2006, 12:25 AM
My name is Ecks VII and I have recently found out how fun PSOBB can be. I've been playing for about a week now and have a 34 RAcast (Purplenum). I've read just about every guide and FAQ list I could find and have been able to find most of the answers to my questions... however a few have escaped me:

1.) In NORMAL mode, ONE PERSON play style of Episode I, I have done all (10 or so) of the "side quests" available to me from the Hunter's guild. I believe the last one I was able to do was "Central Dome Fire Swirl." There are no more quests available to me from the hunter's guild, there is no "Principal" in his office... so how do I get to "Dr. Osto's Research" or "Soul of a Blacksmith"?

2.) Episode 2 won't let me participate in any quests, it says I must advance in the "main story" before I can do any of them from the hunter's guild there... what is the "main quest line"?

3.) When a class/race has a maximum stat, what factors can raise it above that... mag? mats? slot-eqipment? etc. etc.

4.) What does "unreduced" mean on some of the rare weapons... i.e. "unreduced seize"

5.) Do HP-mats count towards the 150 max mats that can be used for my character? If not what's their limit?

6.) Does 100 Luck equate to 100% crit? If not, what is the formula for that?

7.) Which came first the chicken or the egg?

If you can answer all... or even just some of these it would be a great help. I'm getting frustrated because I'd like to see some sort of main quest line but I don't know where to get on it. I play mostly One Person games but I've tried normal games with my brother and we only do the TTF quest over and over. Thanks in advance guys, see you online.

-Ecks

Zeig123
Jun 19, 2006, 12:32 AM
sorry I can't answer all of your questions
(3) There are two different types of stats. Your stats and equiped stats. Your stats are in the parenthesis and can not exceed there max (when they are yellow). Your equipped stats (outside parebnthesis) include your weapon shield and stuff like that and they can be increased depending on your gear
(4) unreduced mean it never fails
(5) No they have a separate count for themselves, same as tp mat. It ranges depending on your character
(6) It does not mean 100% critical hit but I'm not sure of the formula
(7) egg

GreenArcher
Jun 19, 2006, 01:15 AM
1) Have you cleared Forest - Ruins in one person mode?
3) Your weapon, armor, and shield will add over your max stats (units and mag add to your "base stat", or the stat in parenthesis).
4) On most weapons, the special is reduced from it's full capability. Not an expert on this subject, but for example you have Final Impact: which is reduced King's? special. This is supposed to be 13? percent EXP steal, however it is much less than that.
5) You can use 125 HP materials, it's a seperate tally than your normal materials; same thing with TP materials.
6) I believe it's estimated that 100 Luck leads to a critical hit every three shots, work from that I guess.
7) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Kri
Jun 19, 2006, 01:22 AM
7) Chicken.

sum182
Jun 19, 2006, 02:02 AM
2) It means you have to unlock more of the levels (go through VR and CCA), then you should have all the levels needed for the quest.
7)Egg

Mewn
Jun 19, 2006, 05:31 AM
1) You probably need to do more of the Episode 1 Government Quests which can be played by talking to the girl near Principal Tyrell (Momoka) in an online game. Completing 1-3 will unlock Caves quests, 2-4 will unlock Mines quests and 4-1 will unlock Ruins quests.

2) I'm not sure of this... I've never come across it before. Maybe you need to finish Lab Quest 7-5 on one of your characters to access it. Lab Quests can be found from Nol in the Lab.

3) You cannot raise a stat above its base max by adding to the base (things that add to base include Mags, most units, and materials). You can raise a stat above its max by using weapons, armour, certain rare units, and Shifta/Deband.

4) On a weapon that either hits multiple targets or hits a target multiple times, the power of the special or the chance of it working is 'reduced', so it won't work as well. Unreduced weapons do not have this reduction on their specials, so unreduced Seize on, say, a Spread Needle would work just as well as Seize on a rifle or handgun would.

5) There's two seperate counts, one for HP mats and one for TP mats (the second doesn't apply to your RAcast though). You can use 125 HP mats and 125 TP mats (on a non-droid char) on any character.

6) I believe the formula is LCK/5 = % chance of critical hit. So 100 LCK would give you a 1/5 chance of critting, still well worth maxing LCK.

7) A recent scientific study concluded that due to the process of evolution the egg came first (I'm not kidding you >_>;;).

Saffran
Jun 19, 2006, 06:43 AM
Stormspear beat me to it.
As for 7, just be logic a few seconds: many, MANY kind of animals can lay eggs. Going by the logic of Evolution, there was first some lifeform that innovated and laid eggs, and many, many mutant offsprings later came the first chicken.

Neith
Jun 19, 2006, 08:01 AM
1) Have you completed the Government Quests in 'Normal' mode? Completing upto 4-1 can unlock some more one-person quests, I believe.

2) If this is one-person mode, the only quest is Seat of the Heart. To play that, you may need to advance in the Ep2 Government quests (I hate SotH, so Im not sure on this)

3) When you look at your stats, you have a number, then another number in brackets to the right of it (on your status screen). The number on the left is your stats with items equipped, the number in brackets is your base stats. The only things I know of that add to your total stats are armour/shield/weapon boosts, I believe units add to your base stats in most cases.

4) If a weapon is either a) a weapon that hits more than 3 times (eg daggers) or b) a weapon that hits multiple enemies (eg a sword), it may have it's special 'reduced'. This reduction is in place to stop some specials being overly powerful. It may reduce the accuracy of the special, it may reduce the damage done by it, or reduce any HP/TP recovery from it.

Weapons that are 'unreduced' are weapons which fall into the two categories I listed, but do not suffer a reduction. One of the most well known is the Spread Needle, with Unreduced Seize. This is why it paralyzes so often, if it was reduced, it would miss significantly more. As a side note, weapons that hit one target 3 times, like saber/katana, are always unreduced.

5) You can use 125HP mats, and 125TP mats, these are a seperate count from things like power/mind/evade mats.

6) 100LCK is a 20% chance of a critical hit. The formula is LCK/5.

7) That one hurts my brain http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2006-06-19 06:02 ]</font>

Ecks_VII
Jun 19, 2006, 08:27 AM
You guys are quick!

I had no idea you had to play the "main quest" line in a normal mutliplayer... I just assumed it was all inteded to be done in one person games. I'll get right on it then! Thanks again for the quick replies, I've still got a few more questions mulling around in my head and if I can't find answers I'll post again.

Last question: Is there a way to send a private /tell to an individual besides using the in-game mail system? I hate having to open up my box everytime I want to "whisper" something to a friend of mine...

Ryna
Jun 19, 2006, 10:59 AM
On 2006-06-19 06:27, Ecks_VII wrote:
Last question: Is there a way to send a private /tell to an individual besides using the in-game mail system? I hate having to open up my box everytime I want to "whisper" something to a friend of mine...

Your only other option is to contact the person using an external instant messaging system. PSO's messaging system is extremely limited compared to other games.

Elek06
Jun 19, 2006, 02:10 PM
if your on the same team and it's pretty small, then you can use team chat, and that should work.

rena-ko
Jun 19, 2006, 02:22 PM
6) luck / 4 = crit chance in percent

Picaso
Jun 20, 2006, 10:28 PM
(1) You must first beat Episode 1 to unlock (take 3 skapedolls to be safe)

concussionman
Jun 20, 2006, 11:40 PM
1) For SOAB you should normally just beat all of the cave quests, then you will recieve SOAB and Waterfall Tears. If this doesn't happen, you messed something up.

2) To start on the EP II quests you must reach the Seabed in that difficulty. Then you will be able to start doing some of the quests.

3) Use shifta/deband, that works well, or find an armour/barrier/weapon that raises stats ie. Kasami Bracer.

4) "Unreduced" means that the effect doesn't lower just because you are hitting more enemies.

5) HP Mats are on a different counter than your regular mats so it doesn't affect the amount of POW/MIND/EVADE/DEF/LUCK materials that you can use.

6) Your critical hit% is equal to 1/4 of you luck stat. So if you have 100 luck, you have a 25% chance of having a critical hit. This does not mean that you will have a critical every 4 hits though.

7) The Farmer