PDA

View Full Version : It took awhile but....

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 19, 2006, 02:44 AM
I finally got up and grabbed a book on anatomy... it helps a lot and now I have a much better idea on what th body should look like. My only issue now is getting the body in with correct limb lengths.... but looking at models and real people can solve that. Also, I guess I tried to work on that "fear."
Comment please.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/sgtshligger/guy1.jpg oh[/url]
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/sgtshligger/girl2.jpg

FOAtHeart
Jun 19, 2006, 06:35 AM
A huge improvement!

You're on the right track, keep going! :>

KuroNetsune
Jun 19, 2006, 08:07 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

very nifty work on the male face, getting proportions down nicely, specially amused at how well the shoulder/neck came

the female is certantly an improvement, but some work can still be done around the arms/legs

astuarlen
Jun 19, 2006, 09:48 AM
FO's right; this is a big improvement. I would suggest that you try to draw "from the inside out"--that is, get the bones and internal structure in before adding flesh. I find this to often be helpful in getting poses and proportions right. And yes, references are key, whether from photos or models. There are tons of resources online, and don't forget that you yourself are an always-available live model. :]

KuroNetsune
Jun 19, 2006, 10:41 AM
On 2006-06-19 07:48, astuarlen wrote:
FO's right; this is a big improvement. I would suggest that you try to draw "from the inside out"--that is, get the bones and internal structure in before adding flesh. I find this to often be helpful in getting poses and proportions right. And yes, references are key, whether from photos or models. There are tons of resources online, and don't forget that you yourself are an always-available live model. :]

true, circles and ovals ftw

o.o but, huh
lol

for some reason, I have never been able to use myself as model, though I have tried thousand times, dont know, I just find it hard to stare into the mirror and then sketch, then stare again in mirror, at that point my pose has changed hideously XD also tried to hold my own hands to draw them, but I just can't, I usually end up asking someone else's help o.o;;;

sprky585
Jun 19, 2006, 11:17 AM
pretty good, better than i can do, i cant draw worth a crap

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 19, 2006, 01:37 PM
I can't draw myself either. Doesn't workout and I also can't draw my own hand... inside out- Does using a stick figure count as drawing the bones because I start every drawing with one to get poses right.

Jared_T
Jun 19, 2006, 02:08 PM
On 2006-06-19 11:37, SgtShligger wrote:
...inside out- Does using a stick figure count as drawing the bones because I start every drawing with one to get poses right.

Yes. I usually start with that then lightly draw out the skeleton then add ovals for general "flesh" outline. Once that is done I work on details.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jared_T on 2006-06-19 12:10 ]</font>

TheyCallMeJoe
Jun 19, 2006, 11:11 PM
I basically start with the head and then draw a stick figure. Only shapes are ovals and circles for hands and feet. Personally I like using cylinders to help me get the right perspective when I am fleshing out limbs.

But anyways, this is an excellent improvement since your last post, especially on the female. Congrats.

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 20, 2006, 03:48 AM
What I tend to do is make the stick figure then use a combination of ovals, speres, and other rounded '3D' shapes.

InfinityXXX
Jun 20, 2006, 08:34 AM
Yeah nice pictures. The more you look at the human body and study how it is, the better you'll get at drawing it.