PDA

View Full Version : summertime!...?

zwandude15
Jun 19, 2006, 10:34 AM
such a good thing?

I was excited when school was almost over, and that summer feel was coming back, where days are spent longer in the pool than at school, and trips to the beach was the way to top off that large break.

But now, I spend everyday with family more than friends. The fun I once had is lost, and now I have to find new ways to entertain myself.

This summer break wouldn't exactly be a large help on my relationship either. You see, my girlfriend's dad hasn't wanted to meet me for the past 8 months, and still insists that he waits until October. Until that time, no visits between the two of us can be easily made. Well, it seems our communication is faltered when long amounts of time are spent away from each other, and I don't want this to happen again.

Summertime such a good thing anymore? Your thoughts.

Allos
Jun 19, 2006, 10:37 AM
Just wait till you're on summer vacation from college. Then you'll get to see who of your high school friends actually still cares enough about you to want to do anything.

Charmander02
Jun 20, 2006, 04:50 PM
Can't wait till schools over, just two more exams and im done.

Just try and enjoy it, even if you're spending it with your family it can still be pretty fun.

zwandude15
Jun 20, 2006, 11:34 PM
My summer just got a little harder on me btw. Not that anyone cares.

My girlfriend and I have just agreed to boycott the phone for a week because we can't get along.

She cried...she hurt...and all she ever did was love...

...this girl really loves me...and all i can do is make things hard...

darthsaber9x9
Jun 21, 2006, 05:50 AM
Surely it's her dad that's making things hard? And why can't she go to your house?

Daikarin
Jun 21, 2006, 10:45 AM
CRAAAAWLING IN MY SKIIIIIII...!!!!

What the hell!? Summer's a break from work, a time of beach, beach soccer, of volleyball, of women in swimsuits, of heat, of sports, of hanging out with friends. If things aren't turning out like they should, make it so they do.

zwandude15
Jun 21, 2006, 11:52 AM
On 2006-06-21 03:50, darthsaber9x9 wrote:
Surely it's her dad that's making things hard? And why can't she go to your house?

Well, her dad does contribute largely to things. If the man gave me half a chance, I'm sure I could change his outlook on the relationship in general. But he strongly refuses to hear anything I have to say. I can't even ask my girlfriend to say "hi" to him for me, because she fears he might start yelling.

And she can't come to my house because her mom is uncomfortable with it. Not to mention she'd consult her husband first, and I kinda just mentioned why he's a problem.

I don't know why this is so hard. During Spring Break though, this happened. I'm assuming that we start having a hard time when we spend so much time away from each other. All the more reason to meet her dad, who of course, doesn't want to meet me.

There's no way into the system!

Jehosaphaty
Jun 21, 2006, 03:58 PM
She cried...she hurt...and all she ever did was love...

I'm barely able to stop laughing at that long enough to type out a response; sounds like a corny subtitle for a teen movie. If your happiness is so largely based on this girl and your relationship (and from reading your previous posts I'd say it is), then there is a serious imbalance here. As for her father, unfortunately for you he calls the shots until she's a big girl, so you'll learn to live with it, or try and build some trust.

navci
Jun 21, 2006, 06:26 PM
Did I read it right? Someone whining about being on vacation?

What the hell!? Summer's a break from work, a time of beach, beach soccer, of volleyball, of women in swimsuits, of heat, of sports, of hanging out with friends. If things aren't turning out like they should, make it so they do.

QFT.
Stop relying on other people to make you happy. Make yourself happy. No one wants to entertain a brooding person. It gets tiring. IF IT IS NOT TURNING OUT LIKE THEY SHOULD, MAKE IT SO THEY DO. Behold the wisdom.

zwandude15
Jun 22, 2006, 12:18 AM
On 2006-06-21 16:26, navci wrote:
QFT.
Stop relying on other people to make you happy. Make yourself happy. No one wants to entertain a brooding person. It gets tiring. IF IT IS NOT TURNING OUT LIKE THEY SHOULD, MAKE IT SO THEY DO. Behold the wisdom.

Was this directed at me? Because, with all do respect, this is the right forum to be talking about this, am I wrong? If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. I apologize if I took this the wrong way?

But even so, you say it like I can actually make things work out. If summer is meant to be spent with friends, then i have no better way to spend my time, because she's the only person who matters anyways! I think life is more enjoyable when it's spent with enjoyable people.

Right now, I'm knee deep in boredom.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 22, 2006, 12:41 AM
Soon enough you'll be back in school happy as can be.

I'm sure you kids are adept at finding other ways to contact eachother with the IM, e-mail, text message, mutual friends passing messages along, answer services on phones, etc.

If her dad dictates what she can and cannot do, there's nothing you can do about that. Don't fight it.

Wait it out until October, there's no real sure fire solution to win the dad over, and its sort of a question of her being mature enough to have a relationship at all or if what dad says goes, pssh see ya wouldn't wanna be ya!

If you two change your feelings over the Summer, which may eventually happen anyway, puppy love High School flings aren't in the greatest percentile of permanent long term relationships, don't fight that either.

You'll surely cheat yourself out on life if you mull over what eventually you're going to forget anyway. You might look back on this in a few years and wonder how silly your hormones made you think and act.

Enjoy the ride.

Daikarin
Jun 22, 2006, 01:40 PM
To anyone else who is smart enough to feel emo about summer:

http://pics-18.hi5.com/userpics/618/191/191589618.img.jpg

merrycherry9
Jun 22, 2006, 03:01 PM
On 2006-06-21 09:52, zwandude15 wrote:

On 2006-06-21 03:50, darthsaber9x9 wrote:

Well, her dad does contribute largely to things. If the man gave me half a chance, I'm sure I could change his outlook on the relationship in general. But he strongly refuses to hear anything I have to say. I can't even ask my girlfriend to say "hi" to him for me, because she fears he might start yelling.

And she can't come to my house because her mom is uncomfortable with it. Not to mention she'd consult her husband first, and I kinda just mentioned why he's a problem.

I don't know why this is so hard. During Spring Break though, this happened. I'm assuming that we start having a hard time when we spend so much time away from each other. All the more reason to meet her dad, who of course, doesn't want to meet me.

There's no way into the system!

hmm... it sounds to me like something is wrong with the dad (obviously lol). Why does he have such a big say in everything...does he abuse people? Meanwhile try to think positive and have as much fun as possible. Even if there is nobody to go to the beach with you, you could still walk by and find tons of girls/guys who you could hang out with http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

zwandude15
Jun 22, 2006, 11:48 PM
Haya, I totally understand where you're coming from, with the fact that logically, high school flings dont work, but I can't help but feel bad when thinking if that's the answer right there, to just break up, or break up eventually.

And leave it to Daikarin to bash me on this one. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Even though I'm not exactly for the emo thing...

Merry, although he's not an abusive parent, he's quite mean to me... I mean, I shouldn't but, I take it personally. Because I know I'm a good kid. =

I guess things are getting a little better...but not too much...

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 23, 2006, 12:30 AM
You can waste your summer sulking or go have fun.

There's no right choice.

There's no end all solution.

There's no noble thing to do.

Or any guarantee giving your all to the girl gets you anywhere in the end anyway.

RAGING HORMONES.