PDA

View Full Version : Item: Stacked Items Fool with Item Drops for Section IDs?

Zero6781
Jun 20, 2006, 05:24 PM
Ok, I heard that when you have stacked items (for those of you who don't know, stacked items are items in your inventory with a higher quantity of 10) the game detects this and puts your drop rates to 0%. Well listen to this, I have a friend who is a Pinkal and he was on the Forest on Ultimate with stacked items offline for PSO+ for GC. He managed to find himself a Ruby Bullet when he is only supposed to be able to find it from Vol Opt V.2 on Ultimate. I can't say he wasn't lying though, as when he was going to give it to me, he realized that he couldn't find it. I dunno if he was lying, if he sold it on accident, or if it is another anti-stacked items thing? Has anyone else out there had a similar scenario?

Dhylec
Jun 20, 2006, 05:48 PM
Well, looks like your pal wasn't honest with you about his finding or he was confused. This sticky can tell more about stacking http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=101010&forum=4&38
You can see that stacked items will disable rare drops, either online or off.

There is no way that a Ruby Bullet can drop in Ult. Pinkal Forest. Drop charts do not lie, but human can. ;]

Zero6781
Jun 20, 2006, 07:51 PM
I dunno why he would lie about it, but I'll ask him.

Zero6781
Jun 20, 2006, 08:05 PM
Oh, and this is off of the topic, but another one of my friends thinks that Shifta, Deband, Jellen, and Zalure effect the drop rates also. Is there any confirmation on that?

VioletSkye
Jun 20, 2006, 08:19 PM
On 2006-06-20 18:05, Zero6781 wrote:
Oh, and this is off of the topic, but another one of my friends thinks that Shifta, Deband, Jellen, and Zalure effect the drop rates also. Is there any confirmation on that?

They don't.

Dhylec
Jun 20, 2006, 08:23 PM
They are all (temorary) stat-changing techs. Shifta boosts ATP, Deband boosts DFP, Jellen lowers ATP & Zallure lowers DFP. They no not have anything to do with drop rates.

However, if you can S&D yourself & J&Z enemies, then the killing is somewhat easier. Thus the drops appear quicker? ;]