PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion on the stars of weapons(namely reds)

PALRAPPYS
Jun 20, 2006, 08:39 PM
Okay, what do you think should be raised or lowered in stars? Personally I think those Psycho Wands should be 10 or 11... not 12. I mean, come on! They suck out your HP! So what if you can use Resta? You'd be using TP like crazy! I don't get it.... Also, should Cure/ Paralysis be more than 9*? It's really good... and everyone's bugging me for it!!! So what are your thoughts?

whiteninja
Jun 21, 2006, 09:02 AM
In PSOGC, there are too few eleven stars, and many that are, should not be, while other weapons should. The star-number does not affect the weapons stats though, so it's not like it really matters.

But the Psycho Wand is definitely a 12 star. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Marter
Jun 21, 2006, 09:12 AM
I agree with whiteninja. The pschyo wand has a very high drop rate, thus making it "Rare" The people who get them can brag about that. Unless you have a Heaven's Punisher from your first snow zele http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Over all, The Pyscho wand allows you to drain your HP. A VERY good way to get rid of all those scape dolls...

The Pschyo wand also allowed Tycho to finish ult with a lvl 1 Foney or Fonewm...
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

PALRAPPYS
Jun 21, 2006, 04:34 PM
How could someone play Ultimate with a lv 1? Obviously some kind of hack...

sprky585
Jun 21, 2006, 06:36 PM
nah...he'd let the psycho wand's special kill in everyroom so he didnt get any EXP so it took him a while but he did it, and he did dupe scape dolls but that was the only "hack"

xxTrystanxx
Jun 21, 2006, 08:33 PM
My question is... Did ST set the drop rate for PW because it's a 12 star weapon (obviously you'd expect a 12 star to be more difficult to obtain) or is the PW considered a 12 star based on it's drop rate?

Sort of a chicken or the egg kinda thing.

PALRAPPYS
Jun 21, 2006, 10:30 PM
How could a lv 1 be in Ultimate mode??? I'm offline, so can you do that online???

Jive18
Jun 21, 2006, 10:47 PM
On 2006-06-21 18:33, xxTrystanxx wrote:
My question is... Did ST set the drop rate for PW because it's a 12 star weapon (obviously you'd expect a 12 star to be more difficult to obtain) or is the PW considered a 12 star based on it's drop rate?

I'm pretty sure PW is a 12 just based on it's stats/boosts/etc. The boosts are dead-useful on every force (namely Newm) and the extra dfp helps a bunch as well. Add that with abnormally high atp and you've got a dandy 12 star.

That being said, the drop rates are obviously effected by this, thus making it so rare. If you're gonna go for it, go for Purplenum Mil Lily (though it's still a pain in the ass).

Zeig123
Jun 21, 2006, 11:09 PM
No joke I think that it should stand where it is because it is really hard to get and does give nice stat boosts.

Ailleurs
Jun 22, 2006, 12:18 AM
On 2006-06-21 20:30, PALRAPPYS wrote:
How could a lv 1 be in Ultimate mode??? I'm offline, so can you do that online???

Offline single player allows you to play any difficulty with any level character as long as you have completed the previous difficulty with that character.

PALRAPPYS
Jun 22, 2006, 11:32 AM
On 2006-06-21 22:18, Ailleurs wrote:

On 2006-06-21 20:30, PALRAPPYS wrote:

Offline single player allows you to play any difficulty with any level character as long as you have completed the previous difficulty with that character.

Yeah but anyone who's lv 1 would even gain lv's in normal forest.

DikkyRay
Jun 22, 2006, 11:52 AM
Ok, on another server (NOT tellin you how to get there!), you can set the minumum lvl..... thts all im saying...
And i think psy wand is pretty good, sure it sucks your hp, but it cuts tp consumption by 50%!

PIT
Jun 22, 2006, 11:55 AM
psycho want is this rare just because of ps4. it's a legendary weapon, an object of joy for players that have played previous phantasy star games

Forte1224
Jun 22, 2006, 12:13 PM
Cure/Freeze should be a 12 star; not the P-wand.

Neith
Jun 22, 2006, 12:27 PM
Tycho did the Ult @ Lv1 trick by using a Psycho Wand with very high level RA techs, a high Mind Mag, and tons of Scape Dolls. Basically, every time he cast, the HP drain from the P-Wand would kill him, eventually resulting in the enemies/boss dying, and Tycho dying at the same time. Because of that, he'd gain no EXP.

I think that's right, it was a while back.

meimeilee
Jun 22, 2006, 03:48 PM
i think the red weapons should be 11 starts cause there strong and look cool,hmmm a ll aforce weapons should be 12 stared becuase of there awsome effects and cause mostly forces can use them

Charmander02
Jun 22, 2006, 04:35 PM
Sorcerers Cane > P-Wand.

It doesnt really matter how many stars a weapon has it just there to make them look cooler.

PALRAPPYS
Jun 22, 2006, 04:50 PM
Club of laco's are so great and powerful! Yeah right.

Nobo
Jun 25, 2006, 07:24 PM
lil pal give me the cure paralysis I was playing with you when you found it in the mines Vhard

DonRoyale
Jun 25, 2006, 09:18 PM
Psycho Wand is exceptional, and is good as is. The HP drain can be easily taken care of by a high-level Resta.

LOL @ Tycho getting to ULT with a L1 FOne http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

PALRAPPYS
Jun 25, 2006, 09:54 PM
Fiendish No! You're not supposed to be on here!!!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif