PDA

View Full Version : These thieves are getting clever???????

Star_Angel
Feb 12, 2001, 10:59 AM
What a bad day... first get my Double Saber stolen by some jerk named "Ethan Hawk"... then as the day progressed, things seemed to be getting better until two jerks accuse me of taking 20k mes while us three were in a shop. For one... Why would I steal 20k??? I can make that much in one game of HARD! it's not that difficult to get that kind of mes. For two, I was robbed earlier, in the same damn day... you think I'd know what it feels like to be picked off~ I guess all I can do from now on is play pass games with friends since practicly NO ONE shows any sign of trust anymore. One good reason why this game isn't as good as it could be.

Nicodemus
Feb 12, 2001, 11:10 AM
Unfortunately, I have a similar story to relate. Although there was a little twist in the timing compared to your story Star. While playing, on VHard mind you, a char by the name of Cam'ron told me I stole his Meseta while I rev'd him. Checking my own cache, I realized that I only had 668 Meseta. 668! I dropped it in an effort to prove him wrong and he took it and thanked me. 668 Meseta on VHard is what...nothing...

Anyway, we piped back to the surface and then he and a character named Mellia set up a trade. It was to be a DBsaber for the DelSaber's Left Arm. No problem right?

Well, Mel gave the Saber and Cam'ron gave the Right Arm. Mel already had the Right so the deal was a no go right? Wrong. Cam'ron offered Meseta instead, but Mel didn't want it...

After bickering and telling us that he wasn't a thief, the idiot ran off with both items anyway explaining that he really wanted the item. Oh...I see...you really wanted it. Well in that case I guess it's okay that you thieved it from an innocent. And he accused me of stealing 668 Meseta???

In closing, I have to agree (sadly) with Star. This is a major failing in the game. A trading procedure could have been coded into the game. Now all I do is try to hook up with those that I already know won't cheat me.

Sad to say, but I am really leary of new people I play with until they have "proven" themselves. You know how it is. 2nd rate weapons...deposit Meseta every trip to the ship...always watching who picks up what. It adds an element that I don't enjoy in the game.

Ratsmack
Feb 12, 2001, 05:56 PM
I agree with everything that's been said except the title of this thread. You don't have to be clever to be a thief, you just have to be mean.

gideon
Feb 12, 2001, 10:45 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif sadly, that's the rot in online gameplay. Perhaps they should make a maturity/integrity requirment before being allowed to play online http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

DW
Feb 13, 2001, 11:17 AM
The sad thing is most people in the U.S. who plays have this sudden urge to claim everything as theirs. I played on the Japaneses server for a year and never had this problem. Ever since the game came out to the american public all this chaos started happening. Yes I know not all americans are like this just MOST of them. I have met a few who are very trustworthy and ALOT and I mean ALOT who steals, cheat, or lie. Already lost a few good weapons and because of this I no longer play on the U.S. servers unless its password protected.

Ambrai
Feb 13, 2001, 01:11 PM
DW, I am an american and I hate to say that I agree with you completly. I have been playing online for 2 days and my first game ever online was a screaming match between two players over who stole what.

The second day myself and another got sexually harrassed by another. It's just sickening. But at least I know that once I meet some good people that I can do only passworded games and will be much better.

DW
Feb 13, 2001, 03:37 PM
For example. Yesterday some guy was trading a D2 saber for 75k of mesetas. I said to my self, "lets give this guy a chance."... The worse he can do is try to hack into my bank and steal all the money. To me 75k is nothing since I have over 2mil on me. One mil in the bank and the other on me. So I went ahead and dropped the money on the floor expecting the guy to drop his D2 saber. You all can guess what happen next. The guy took the money and left. I asked where is the D2 saber. Before he left his only response was this, "Sorry, nothing personal.". To me that is just sad. Hell if he needed money I would have gave him some, but instead he decided to steal it. That just tells you people rather steal than asked politely for the things a person needs.

yex
Feb 13, 2001, 04:31 PM
oh how agree with all of you here...

i usually don't play on us servers because i read too much about people stealing... but today i just forgot all about it, i was playing with some nice people... no problems at all, everybody was very nice, i gave up a few items and money because they were all on lower levels and it wasn't much to me...
then this guy (ViolentJ) joined the game... he died and i revived him (without taking his items), i guess since we were all standing in the same spot somebody must have picked up his weapon, accidently... he started yelling that somebody got his weapon... the whole room was full with monsters so really no time to look or even answer... i looked anyways and so did the others... obviously in a room full of monsters, really not a good idea... we all died... except for him.... so all of us being dead, he runs around, picks up everything we dropped and left...

i am really disappointed and mad. when i started playing the japanese version of the game i learned that it is about teamwork, and if you can help somebody with an item you don't need anymore you give it to them... i received so many items in my early days... and i had level 70 players drag me along on level 5... they didn't care, i think they had fun just like me...
i am doing the same for other new player, because that?s what this game is all about and it is so much fun, but it sure isn't fun being ripped off just because there just wasn't the time to clear things up...

this game is so much fun when played with the right people, finally there is a game where you don?t have to kill each other but play together and i really wish that all those thiefs out there will realize that or stop playing the game, they don?t seem to have as much fun as i do anyways if they are always on the run after stealing stuff...

well i?m happy this board exists, i feel a lot better now, i have hope that not everybody on pso is a thief...

but i have learned my lesson and i will be playing on the japanese servers again... it is such a pleasure to play with polite honest people...

(sorry for the long post...)

DW
Feb 13, 2001, 05:22 PM
Funny situation. When I was playing with a bunch of japanese guys I accidently looted his cash. At first I had no clue what he was asking since he said looted a weapon but checked my inventory and saw no weapon. Then one of his friends said I looted mesetas. Thats when it hit me! Yes I looted his money but had no clue how much. I knew I had alot of cash on me so instead of doing the math I just gave him EVERYTHING. Boy was he shocked and was very happy. =)

Second situation. Someone lost his weapon because some jerk looted his weapon. I asked the guy what he lost and it was a autogun. So instead of trying to figure out who stole what I gave him my old auto gun which is plus 20, 35% to all mobs. Yes it kicks ass! =p Yes, I am a very nice guy.

Ratsmack
Feb 13, 2001, 08:10 PM
I've had a strange thing happen to me, my first game in PSO was with an incredibly nice person that was SO nice I was slow to even trust him. He was level four, so he wasn't too far ahead of me, but he helped me through the forest and let me take most of the items and meseta, even though he was still a low level. Some Americans are nice peoples. When I was level 12 or so, another American person at level 60 was nice enough to take me through the ruins with a level 15, even though all i could do was heal the level 15 and stop the enemies from surrounding the level 60...which didn't matter much, as he cut them down by the hundreds. Still, after letting us get most of the stuff, he cleaned his bank and dropped a bunch of stuff on the floor, one of which is my treasured posession, my Varista. Another nice American. But I know what you mean, and being an American, I know what you mean all TOO well.

andriod17
Feb 13, 2001, 10:38 PM
i got thieft to by this kid dominator it was a double saber plus 8 and i was pissed out find this kid and steal it back if you ever see him for me please!

LastUtopia
Feb 13, 2001, 10:50 PM
I've got a story that kinda restored my faith in the PSO community. The other day, I was playing with 3 other people, and I died after being surrounded. My weapon was a Varista, and one of two people took it. It couldn't have been the other guy since he was in the city at the time. Anyway, no one would admit that they had taken my weapon, and the guy who had been at the city came back and gave me another Varista he had found like 20 minutes before. It's good to know that there are good people to play with, even if they seem to be a rarity these days.

Ratsmack
Feb 13, 2001, 11:39 PM
That *sob* is so *sob* beautiful!! *cries*

Blackhawk
Feb 14, 2001, 01:32 AM
The solution to cheaters/thieves is simple: Only form teams with players you trust, period. I have been playing since the first day PSO was released in the US and have built up a great list of players who have proven themselves honorable (via Guild Cards).

I was cheated once when I sold an item to a player who had not proven him/herself. 'Won't make the same mistake again.

Since I only team with trusted players, my PSO online experience is very enjoyable.

yex
Feb 14, 2001, 02:47 PM
my intention was not to accuse every american of stealing, i'm sorry if it seemed that way. i've played with a bunch of very nice americans and we had a lot of fun...
but it's getting rougher on pso, don't you guys think?

DW
Feb 14, 2001, 03:02 PM
Yup, I only wsh it was like diablo where it drops only the money and all your good stuff even your weapon stays on your body.

Omega-5
Feb 14, 2001, 05:47 PM
I find this all too strange, I have had no problems on the us servers yet. I have actually met people I would consider true friends that I group with on a daily basis now. Even when I cannot group with them an dI am in a group of strangers everone seems to play the role of their character.. forces heal, rangers support, hunters tank the creatures. I have never had such a good experience with people on an online game before, Diablo 2 was horrible online, asheron's call had nothing on the teamwork here.

overall I am very pleased. I'm sad to see that I may be a fluke in the system though. And hat most people seem to be having a tough time with thieves and jerks.. huh..

The only difference I've noticed between americans and japaneese players is that it's more difficult to talk to one than the other. over all everyone seem happy!!

Ratsmack
Feb 14, 2001, 06:32 PM
Yex, that is a very unfair generalization. I am American, and I have never even considered taking items, and have even given my own items to try and help out those that were stolen from. I've seen a number of Americans do the same and more. There's a lot of American cheaters, but there's a lot of Americans. So percent-wise, your generalization doesn't work. Diablo 2 also had a trading system...which would help the theif problem in PSO. But there were a lot of mean people in Diablo 2, and they had more ways to be mean. For example, the barbarian twice my level that told me to come out of town safety because it was part of some duping process. Luckily, someone who was even higher than the barbarian heard and beat the snot out of him. Good days, good days...

KiEw
Feb 14, 2001, 07:10 PM
Hi everyone!

My first post to the board (though I registered on monday). I am pretty new to PSO (just got my us import last friday (I live in Germany) and started playing. First offline, then online. I am now at level 19 (newbie http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif and had no trouble until yesterday. Everyone was nice, but yesterday I played with some European guys and someone from elsewhere (don?t know). Not that I got cheated or something, but the other guys were arguing through half the game that one has taken the money of the other one, then the money was there agian and at the end the money ANd the weapon of one of the guys was gone (he said so). It was very annoying and confusing, since I don?t know who of the three other guys was the thief or the liar. I think the one who claimed to be stolen the stuff, was honest, he send me his card, but another guy just left the game... Bad game yesterday, though I was lucky not to lose anything then a low level weapon (droped it in a boss fight).
-thedi. (KiEw)

trunks
Feb 15, 2001, 01:34 AM
i to am one of thoes Americans that just try to help and have fun. The other day i was playing with three other people. 1 of the people died and some 1 looted his weapon. No 1 knew hew it was and the person who stole it ( Lord Dro) clamed it was me hew stole. Then i finally got him 2 confess. I offered 2 trade a railgun +8 for the stolen weapon. So i droped the railgun and he stole that 2. Then he left the game. I was so mad, not because i lost my railgun but it turns out that the guy that got his weapon stolen wasn't even his own character.

Cheech
Feb 15, 2001, 03:31 PM
I just thought of a great method to trade online. Before you do trade, make sure you get there guild card, if they won't give it to you, then you have to be pretty sure that they are a thief. If they give it to you, and they cheat you. Just spam and spam and spam a little more. Email them and keep emailing them. You probably won't get your item back, but if you go into a game with them, and they die, take there stuff. Buhahahahhahahah =)

Also, they should make a VMU game that you can trade your items with friends, kinda like Power Stone 2 (for you that have it).

yex
Feb 22, 2001, 03:02 PM
dear ratsmack,

i already apologized in my second post since i had the feeling i was being misunderstood in my first post... i did play with some nice americans and i do think that most players (doesn't matter what country they are from) are actually very nice and VERY helpfull... that is my experience. but i also made the experience that when pso was only available as the import version there was no stealing (which DOESN'T mean that there are only americans stealing)... and as i read on the board i see that others have made the same experience http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif

so to say it again, i DON'T think that every american is a thief.

(this was my second post where i already apologized: "my intention was not to accuse every american of stealing, i'm sorry if it seemed that way. i've played with a bunch of very nice americans and we had a lot of fun...
but it's getting rougher on pso, don't you guys think?")

yex.

p.s.: and i DO still play with americans http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif (and i surely met some incredibly nice people)

Ratsmack
Feb 22, 2001, 09:21 PM
Hmmm...I'll admit that there's probably more American cheaters than there are any other country cheaters, but I'll also say that I don't think the decent into crap that PSO is slowly suffering is JUST because of Americans. How do you know if a cheater is American or not, anyways? I'm sure the game was released in more than the US at the same period of time. Maybe Canada's causing the roughness of PSO. Like they say in South Park, blame Canada. Seriously, though, it's due in part to every country for supplying the cheat machines (i.e. Gameshark) with a loyal supply of cheaters.

MunKEE
Feb 22, 2001, 09:39 PM
I know this has been said a hundred times before, but the solution is simple (IMO). When playing w/ people you dont quite trust yet, dont give them something to steal. Sometimes this is difficult, but I keep a decent stock of 'normal' items to bust out when this is the case. I agree w/ all of you that theiving is despicable. I have even passed up on naming my 2nd character Lupin III (my fav anime) just because people might take the name the wrong way. Any unfamiliar w/ the anime, he is a master thief.

I have yet to play on anything but a US server. I havent had any items stolen. If some guy comes in that is a jerk and wants to yell? I leave. That simple. I dont like using password games, because I do like meeting new people.

Oh, something else, dont know if this helps. Dont game on the super busy areas. i.e. dont play Oberon 1, as EVERYONE is sure to be there. I chose Ophelia 10 for my usual server because it isnt the top of the list. In fact is darn near the bottem. Also, there are not usually more than 40 gamers in there. So most thieves tend to pass it over (I assume) because there is not a respectable amount of 'meat'.

LatinWolf
Feb 25, 2001, 07:29 PM
Yex even tough you kinda generalized, you did say alot of true things. It's sad that there are people out there that are corpse robbers. I myself (when I still had my lvl 71 Humar) got my Real Agito stolen, when I died in the ruins playing with some Hucast({[scorpion]}). I myself give items to those who need them.
I gave two other people really good armors (Forcefield and Rangerfield). The game was designed to work together and share items, not to steal from dead people and take advantage of them.

I currently lost my lvl 71 Humar to something worse the BSOD. MY DC just reset while I was online and I lost my whole char. Fortunetly I had prepped another char and had given him some good weapons to start off with. Two hours into playing some Hucastjoins my game. I must've revived the guy like 4-5 times. When some enemy finally killed me, the jerk stole my meteor smash. After that I've decided to only play with people I trust, I'm willing to play with some strangers if they prove that they are trust worthy.

BTW, if any one would like to play with a pretty strong Ranger in V hard mode , I wouldn't mind. Most people in this forum seem like goood people, then again sometimes I can be a lil niave.

NikoN
Feb 25, 2001, 09:45 PM
Well, another horrible day in the PSO world... I was just playing on a U.S Server (i'm American myself)... Me and one of my friends were playign Ruins on V-hard. Then a char. by the name of "KURO_PON.2" joins the game. Of course, I died in the ruins because i'm only level 42, and my friend died too. Then she comes and takes my Twin Brand and 500k of my meseta. She also took my friends Silence Claw and 200k of his meseta. I'm getting sick and tired of these cheaters. It's almost making it so bad to whereas I don't want to play PSO anymore. Hopefully SEGA will code in a TRADE option on PSO soon.

LatinWolf
Feb 25, 2001, 10:47 PM
Dude that sucks, I feel for you man.. If you want we can worl together in V hard mode, see if we can get you something good to kinda make up for the Twin Brand.

NikoN
Feb 26, 2001, 01:31 AM
I'm really starting not to liek thsi game... Just now some guy name "X" a Newman Ranger, just stole my STAG +15 off of my corpse... If anyoen has a STAG or TWIN BRAND they woudl like to selll or trade to me reply to this or message me... Thx

Star_Angel
Feb 26, 2001, 01:49 PM
Well, it's been a while for me since anyone has stolen anything... I'm kinda shocked http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_eek.gif
Of course... I think keeping play time to just friends helps... and I'm usually in japan servers... those guys are great to team with, we beat Falz on Vhard in about 5 minutes =D

Star_Angel
Feb 26, 2001, 02:01 PM
Also, on a further note. I think the developers planed thieving as a part of the game. If they didn't want it to happen, why would they have a shortcut in the translator that says "I will steal..."
My only hope is that they keep it this mild in PSO2, I'd really hate losing EVERYTHING to a thief http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif

Android
Feb 26, 2001, 07:54 PM
Im very nice to people and give them stuff for free all the time and what i get in retern mail every few seconds saying they want more!!!

LatinWolf
Feb 26, 2001, 08:49 PM
That not always true tough, I like giving to the less fortunate and helping others out. Treat others like you want yo be treated, I know it sounds corny but whatever...

If anyone wants to work together with me.. I'll be online on both IMs Im me and we can work something out.

Ender
Feb 27, 2001, 11:58 PM
Damn. that Lord Dro sure gets around... and I encounted X also... Geez, do i have bad luck or what... Oh, and it sucks that there are guys who steal and have your character name also... I try and help out people...

In public games or before a trade... Sometimes i like to test em out, by putting a item on the ground that i dont need like hero ability. I then ask for it back saying that i need it back. Heh... cant always do this when im running out of items and people keep taking. But i usually try and get their cards and write a note on who the honest traders are so that I can contact him and trade safely again.

DaHumAn
Feb 28, 2001, 02:27 AM
OK here is the deal with "most" americans: The people who cheat and steal are mostly high school students or younger. If you still do that after college age then you have some real problems but most college kids I know don't cheat or steal so it's really an age thing. Most American kids haven't been tought to be honest at young ages most parents teach them to protect themselves or to take advantage when you have the chance unlike some of the other countries which are based on "trust" and "polite." That's "most" though not all and if you live in the USA you'd know what I mean. There are some nice kids out there but most are immature little brats. =)

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: DaHumAn on 2001-02-27 23:32 ]</font>

Guyver
Feb 28, 2001, 03:01 AM
i also had a bad day.....first off this guy ed-209 said he had a mag cell...which i really wanted badly....then he gave me the HONEST guy crap....well i fell for it...we both dropped at same time and when i got to his item..it was a freaking fake....he stole my chainsaw........(sniff)...i miss it....and then later on some other guy stole my Meteor smash and claimed that he didnt take it....i lost my faith in this game....i gave many people weapons, money, and items. but some people dont know how to play fair...i mostly play with friends now. i never steal even if i dont have a weapon. ill fight with my bare hands. but some people are actually nice enough to help me out at times instead of stealing my weapon....well my names guyver on pso if u ever wanna play ill help out. oh and the theifs were ed-209, kryon, blu blood, zero, killer dwarf, metsuo, matt, etc... beware of these people.

DaHumAn
Feb 28, 2001, 03:20 AM
If you trade get their guild card otherwise no trade simple as that u can spam them into hell if they steal from u. annoy them until they give u ur item back.

NikoN
Feb 28, 2001, 08:27 AM
I know you only said "most" Americans, but I resent that remark http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif. i'm only 13 and I've already been robbed by 3 older Japanese players.

DaHumAn
Feb 28, 2001, 12:26 PM
ratio kid, the chances of jap players messing u up is less likly to occur than americans ripping you off. and why would you trade with jap people can you even understand them? Just play with us at puck 9 nobody steals there =)

Star_Angel
Feb 28, 2001, 02:32 PM
In generalization~ I think the major reason you won't see as many Japanese players rip you off as you would American, is because thier are more american players... and America got PSO last, might not sound legitamate, but think about it, since Japan came out with it first, they have had more time finding the rare items, so they obviously have a higher % of players who have the rare Items, where as we just got this game two months ago, so alot of us are still fighting over who gets what. You will still find an occasional Japanese thief, and even after this game has been out for 5 months... you will still see american theives. But the numbers will be reduced a bit

DaHumAn
Mar 1, 2001, 04:54 PM
If u play diablo u know it's not gonna any better =)

ScaraB
Mar 1, 2001, 07:49 PM
Well, a couple points.

I guess I have been lucky, as I play with a large group of people from another forum, where we have a set ship and block, and everybody pretty much knows everyone else. No one dupes, gamesharks, steals - its like a PSO utopia!

But if you're not already a part of a community like that, it can be hard. I was ripped off in a trade quite some time ago, for next to nothing, but it was the annoying nonetheless.

And I really have to say, I LIKE THE FACT THAT PEOPLE CAN STEAL.

I don't think many of you agree. But I think it makes the game more interesting. That there are scoundrels out there, that you have to be wary of strangers. That you have the freedom of defining yourself in the game to the extent that you could be a sneaky corpse-robbing jerk after you got someone to trust you.

Bottom line for me is it makes the whole experience more interesting. Hey, what's the worst that could happen, you lose a good item or two. It's just a game after all, no big deal, and the theives are balanced out by the people that are generous and gladly help you out with meseta, items or weapons.

Aberu
Mar 2, 2001, 01:32 AM
yes i do agree with all of you that say that teamwork is the key in this game. I had heard of diablo but never wanted to play it because of these two reasons:
1. I never play american made games (especially for the freagin PC)

2. I knew it had PK'ing and that is no fun at all, losing a level 50 character's stuff to a level 100 who doesnt need that stuff.

Since i cant speak japanese the japanese server is a tought decision cuz they all want to speak normally , they dont use word select often. I mean just today was an amazing day on PSO, I had gotten my money and spread needle stolen (very valuable for those of you that dont know what it is!). Well that was when i died you know, well anyways the guy said its in the medical room so i said "yes" to the query of goin to pioneer 2, well the jerk only left my 250000 (out of 490000 roughly) meseta then ran off when i asked where is my spread needle you b.astard!!!! I was playin with two japanese players at level 100. They seemed to know what happened for i know little japanese and said baka!!!! so they each gave me a weapon, spread needle and c-bringer!!! i was so happy and yet so sorry that majority of americans need to be greedy this way. All the red, white, and blue has looked like to me is cheap cars, cheap technology, and cheap character. I am saddened that my home country has turned to crap, i have wanted to live in Tokyo for the past 2 years because of this crap country's true side....

Aberu
Mar 2, 2001, 01:50 AM
hey star angel to correct you there arent more american players, one day i saw the entire US server was at 3500 (pretty good right?) well the JP was a t 15600 (i dont know if anybody saw this either but its true) well and dont try to tell me that there were a lot of american players on, simply put more japanese people play games than americans, i have met 60 year olds that play PSO from japan. My grandma is the only person i know that is over 60 and plays RPGs (i know its hard to believe... haha, she introduced me to them). And to prove my point Dragon Quest 7 sold more copies in one week in japan that FF8 did in a year in japan. So booya, japanese play more games, simply put. well didnt mean to be offensive, but i know much of japan for lots of my friends at school came from japan. Gomenn