PDA

View Full Version : Reduced Demons

whiteninja
Jun 26, 2006, 02:41 PM
How exactly does it reduce on multi-hitting weapons? On 1/2 weapons (eg. Daggers)? On 1/3 weapons (eg. Mechguns)? On androids?

I know that things like Gush split up the percent recovered, and Hell will split up the 93% odds, etc. But how does Demon's reduce?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: whiteninja on 2006-06-26 12:50 ]</font>

Zuenza
Jun 26, 2006, 02:46 PM
I think reduced Demons means that once you halve an enemy's max HP with that special,the next hit takes half of half of the remaining HP left,which leaves the enemy with 1/4 HP left.

whiteninja
Jun 26, 2006, 02:48 PM
I ought to clarify better. I mean how a Gladius has an undeduced special, but on a Vulcan, the special is reduced to 1/3 of the strength.

GrumblyStuff
Jun 26, 2006, 02:55 PM
IIRC, it's reduced chance, not reduced %s.

Dana
Jun 26, 2006, 03:00 PM
Android reduction and reduced weapon is a different reduction.

On androids demons (on a slicer) is reduced to 1/3 and only reduced their HP to 45% when it hits.

Zuenza
Jun 26, 2006, 03:05 PM
Oh I see.Then I think it is because the vulcan dished out 3 attacks at a time,and is equal to the Gladius special if all three attacks hit.

Dana
Jun 26, 2006, 04:46 PM
On 2006-06-26 13:05, Zuenza wrote:
Oh I see.Then I think it is because the vulcan dished out 3 attacks at a time,and is equal to the Gladius special if all three attacks hit.

No, if it hits once, it is equal to the gladius. But it wont hit >_> due to the reduction really reduced to 1/3 really....you wont be hitting

Zuenza
Jun 26, 2006, 05:44 PM
Ok,I get it now.Thanks for clearing that up for me.

whiteninja
Jun 26, 2006, 11:10 PM
So it is a major reduction on accuracy, but hitting with a Demon's Arms on a Ramar would still cut the enemy HP by 75%?

Saiffy
Jun 27, 2006, 12:01 AM
On 2006-06-26 21:10, whiteninja wrote:
So it is a major reduction on accuracy, but hitting with a Demon's Arms on a Ramar would still cut the enemy HP by 75%?

Dunno how bad the accuarcy is, but yes, it'd still cut HP by 75%

I thought you knew this already http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Dana
Jun 27, 2006, 10:15 AM
On 2006-06-26 21:10, whiteninja wrote:

-_- get an Srank shot with demons

RadiantLegend
Jun 27, 2006, 11:09 AM
Reduced demons is not the accuracy but the its the % the hp is reduced to.

Jarek
Jun 27, 2006, 02:46 PM
Aim is right; the demon hit will take less hp. How do I know? Well, lilys are very telling. Just killed a few in caves with 2 guns (as a ramarl), Demon's laser and demon's arms.

Laser: Demon hit --> demon hit --> lily dies.
Arms: Demon hit --> demon hit --> demon hit --> demon hit --> demon hit --> lily dies.

It took 5 hits from the demon's arms to make the lily die, where the laser only needs 2.
So is it reduced? I think so. Would androids make it even lower? Pretty sure. I think I tried a demon calibur on my hucast once, and it took 7 or so demon hits for the lily to spin out and die.
I'm sure you could try some other things like daggers and mechs and they wouldn't be very effective.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: psobsesser on 2006-06-27 12:48 ]</font>

whiteninja
Jun 30, 2006, 01:44 AM
On 2006-06-26 22:01, Saiffy wrote:
I thought you knew this already http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

I thought I did. I thought the HP cut and the accuracy were lowered. Then I was reading some old posts, *goes to find it*

http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=111253&forum=7

Posted by Kef:
For weapons with odds, the odds are reduced, for leeching specials, the amount is reduced, for elemental specials, the power is reduced, for other specials, the accuracy is (greatly) reduced.

Double damage specials cannot be reduced.

That made me question it. Then, when trying Demon's Vulcans out on a Lily, it did not die after a single special and an unarmed normal attack (to do little damage)... that only confused me more, because Kef tends to know what he is talking about.

So it cuts less HP and misses more? I was right. Pfft. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif