PDA

View Full Version : Just curious... who collects cartoon cels?

Sharkyland
Jun 26, 2006, 04:36 PM
Just curious... who collects cartoons cels? I try to get one of my favorite characters.

navci
Jun 26, 2006, 04:40 PM
Expensive hobby. :< And they are kinda hard to track down. A lot of the cells available to buy are kinda ugly looking.

Alielle
Jun 26, 2006, 08:01 PM
I have a couple from El Hazard; one is a very cute face shot of Alielle (:p) and they both cost me $6 altogether. It's not a necessarily expensive hobby unless you only collect cels from very popular anime. As Navi said, they can be hard to track down, but that's part of the fun too.

Edit: Forgot to mention, but US animation might be a whole other story, especially if you're looking for classics like Disney or Looney Tunes. Cels from recent shows are fairly common though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alielle on 2006-06-26 18:23 ]</font>

Blitzkommando
Jun 26, 2006, 09:53 PM
For me, if I were to collect it would be from rather old cartoons (1930s-1950s mostly) which would be rather expensive, not to mention rare. My mother has a friend that collects Mickey Mouse stuff and she has some very rare stuff, including cells. But, personally, I just don't have a strong interest in cells compared to other things such as possibly stamps, coins, or even firearms. I can see the want for cells but I just don't want them myself. I'm glad to see some people getting them though as it would be a shame to see animation history go to decay.

Eihwaz
Jun 27, 2006, 08:46 PM
I have a couple of cels, but not of animation.

I have limited edition pre-order cels from both Metal Gear AC!D 2 and Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams. They look very nifty in my room. :3

Sharkyland
Jun 28, 2006, 12:24 PM
Here is my collection:
11 - Nasuti Yagyu (Mia Koji), Yoroiden Samurai Troopers / Ronin Warriors
15 - Katsura Yamato, YAT Anshin Unchuryou / YAT Safe Space Travel
1 - Arshes Nei, Bastard!
1 - Nuku Nuku, All Purpose Cat Girl Nuku Nuku

Moo2u
Jun 28, 2006, 04:36 PM
There's no "I'd love to but don't have that kind of cash" option. If so, I would choose that.