PDA

View Full Version : What is the best ID to play as (your opinion)

DroolinBuddie
Jun 26, 2006, 06:28 PM
I hav a purplenum high leveled with luck of 28 = =;;
and the only thing i hav found are guns, and elysions, nothin special.

my other character low leveled -.-"" luck of 50
finds all the good rares like crazy, i dont believe it lmao, its a Pinkal, for sum reason it jus finds alot of rares!!1 and i cant help it, cause the ID am i right?
and my frend is a skyly he has only 20 luck and omfg he found flowens sword, kalabog, 3mags, and 3 db sabers IN ONE BOX AREA THATS INSANE, -_-;;

so im wonderin which id is best to play with, im gonna make a new character to play...
im thinkin skyly jus cause my frend found all that stuff.......hes only level 50..
O_o;; so what do u guys think? which id is good? <_<'

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DroolinBuddie on 2006-06-26 16:29 ]</font>

Zuenza
Jun 26, 2006, 07:27 PM
I like to play as a skyly because you can find really good drops,like hunter weapons.But luck doesn't affect your chances of getting a rare,it,s the chance of landing a critical hit.

DroolinBuddie
Jun 26, 2006, 07:42 PM
really.....then that means no matter the luck, u will get rares huh? AWESOME....i hav low luck <.<ll but luck is good to hit critical >___> more damage XP

PALRAPPYS
Jun 26, 2006, 08:53 PM
If you're wondering, I'm pretty sure the strategy for criticals is luck divided by 5 = %. Also, it does seem like skyly's find a lot more than other types, but they find tons of repeats, more than the other ID's.

Zuenza
Jun 26, 2006, 09:35 PM
That's true.I have about 40 Dragon Slayers in the bank -.-.But it does come in handy for things like the Demolition Comet.

Leviathan
Jun 26, 2006, 09:48 PM
Skyly pwns!!!! for hunters!
Purplenom pwns!!!! for rangers!
I don't know what pwns for forces but I'll betcha its Pinkal!!!!

DroolinBuddie
Jun 26, 2006, 11:03 PM
lmfao yeah so far im findin alot of canes with pinkal weird O_o'' <_<"

R2D6battlebot
Jun 27, 2006, 12:15 AM
Best HU ID - Skyly
Best RA ID - Purplenum/Greenill
Best FO ID - Pinkal
Best all around IDs - Yellowboze, Whitill, Redria

DroolinBuddie
Jun 27, 2006, 12:29 AM
Awesome but what about oran? whats that about? O_O;;

GenoRhino
Jun 27, 2006, 03:08 AM
Yea just to tell you again LCK (luck) is only a matter of how often you get critical hits =)

Tallus
Jun 27, 2006, 08:34 AM
skyly is great for weapons. half of my bankspace is filled with yellow letters. the downside is you don't find too many good armors and shields.

Marter
Jun 27, 2006, 09:19 AM
go BLUEFULL!!!! (Even though it sucks.)

Zeig123
Jun 27, 2006, 09:25 AM
I like whitill, cause it was the first and seems to be the only ID I was able to get forever. I like it though even though it kinda sucks

DroolinBuddie
Jun 27, 2006, 01:16 PM
Lol thanks for the reminder genorhino =P, i think i got it now >___>;; But what about oran!? what about Oran ID? do they get good stuff or jus common like da rest?

blace
Jun 27, 2006, 01:23 PM
Oran can get pretty common items and the items mainly dropped for them are swords and guns. Pinkal is good for a force as they can get many wand and staff type weaponry.

DroolinBuddie
Jun 27, 2006, 01:37 PM
ooooooo kool i get it now .......well.....i guess i hav to delete my whitil and my oran......-_-;;

blace
Jun 27, 2006, 01:38 PM
Or get a new memory card so that way you don't have to erase them.

DroolinBuddie
Jun 27, 2006, 01:40 PM
oh yeah huh o_o;; >___> well.......i feel dumb i jus deleted it like 30seconds ago.....

xxTrystanxx
Jun 27, 2006, 02:33 PM
I still think Pinkal is a waste of time for a FO, unless you are specifically hunting certain weapons... i.e. Evil Curst or Technical Crozier. TC is a waste of time anyway as its a piece of crap, but if you really want one you can get one from the Soul of a Blacksmith quest. We debunked the myth of Pinkal finding more/better tech disks as well. I personally only made my char a Pinkal for the easy Agito drop (1/22 off Pal Rappy) and Asuka drop (1/8 off Ult Barba Ray)

The reason I say this is, once you have a Fire Scepter: Agni, you don't need another one, and most of the time, getting one with percents is still just a waste of percents. And most of the lesser FO weapons are findable by other classes.

Redria is a really good ID to have. They find a lot of good armors and shields plus a variety of weapons. But be prepared for a LOT of slicers, hehe....

Nitro Vordex
Jun 27, 2006, 03:03 PM
How bout a Skyly for a FOrce? Do you think that's a good idea?

Your_MajestY
Jun 27, 2006, 04:23 PM
Every ID is great for whatever character you play.
As for me, I use Purplenum for a FOnewm and it's really great.
Even though I find loads of mechguns, I just trade with other ID's for the weapons I want. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
If everyone had to be Pinkal FO, Skyly HU and Purplenum RA it would be booring.
Just play your character with your own style and don't let the ID's decide your game. Otherwise, PSO would be really lame.

Hope everyone understands that ID's is not the WHOLE game.

DikkyRay
Jun 27, 2006, 10:32 PM
I like yellowboze, it doesnt find the greatest weapon, but it does find all different types

AceMac
Jun 30, 2006, 03:45 AM
Yellowboze has some really cool drops. Although the best stuff has insane drop rates. It would acttully be great for a ranger, because you can get all the best ranger weapons, plus a yasimakov or 2.

The best ranger weps are the NUG2000-basoka 1/28,807 from canidine , heaven punisher 1/190,000 from crimson assasine (insane, like I said),ans Gi-Gue basoka (body drops 1/394 from ult Gi-Gue)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AceMac on 2006-06-30 01:53 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AceMac on 2006-07-01 15:21 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AceMac on 2006-07-01 15:24 ]</font>

TwinBlade
Jun 30, 2006, 08:08 AM
The best ID to play as in my opinion is yellowboze and Redria. The worst i would say oran.

DonRoyale
Jun 30, 2006, 12:25 PM
It all depends on the character class you want to play as.

If you're a Hunter, go Skyly. The Swords help.

If you're a Ranger, Purplenum is for you. You have some of the best guns at your disposal. (And you have a better chance of getting Vulcans with good hit% and good specials)

If you're a Force, go Pinkal. They find wands and high level tech disks.

However, if you want a balance, go with Redria, Yellowboze, or Whitill. These three are the best ID's in the game, hands down.

Just...Don't go Bluefull or Oran. Trust me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

xxTrystanxx
Jun 30, 2006, 10:13 PM
If you're a Force, go Pinkal. They find wands and high level tech disks.

I forget where the post is, but the theory that Pinkal finds more/better tech disks has been disproved. Any ID has a chance of finding Lv. 30 disks.

DikkyRay
Jun 30, 2006, 11:43 PM
Yea any id can find level 30 tech disks, but you find more with pinkal

xxTrystanxx
Jul 1, 2006, 12:56 AM
You didn't read what I wrote. That theory has been disproved.

Still unconvinced? Look at this page http://romain.bernardi.free.fr/pso/diskrates.html These are tables taken straight from GameCube PSO data.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 1, 2006, 06:51 AM
I wish I had skyly

Dingo
Jul 2, 2006, 12:37 PM
As a first character Yellowboze is not too shabby, it has good rares for all different classes (easy frozen shooter, meteor cudgel and whatnot). So if you haven't figured out what your next char is going to be you can just let the best rare find determine it for you.

merrycherry9
Jul 2, 2006, 06:14 PM
pinkals find force weapons, purplenums find ranger weapons, and skyly finds some pretty good hunter weapons. I have a purplenum thats a HUnewearl but when i made her i didnt pay attention to the weapons she found. I just had that ID so that it matched her outfit xD http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

TwinBlade
Jul 5, 2006, 09:45 PM
In my opinion:
Best Hu id- yellowboze or skyly
Best Ra id-Greenill or Whitill
Best Fo id- PINKAL
Best all around- Redria

TheyCallMeJoe
Jul 5, 2006, 09:59 PM
So the table mentions nothing about Section ID because its the same for all IDs right?

MewMew
Jul 7, 2006, 11:30 PM
i did some researching on here and noticed that viridia is probably the best for katanas.
skyly is best all together for hunters since they can get almost every single item.
I have a redria HU and a Purplenum RA, but I'm thinking about getting a viridia or skyly HU.
i'm prone to viridia since i'm a jap. freak, but what do you guys think?

newdiger613
Jul 8, 2006, 04:57 PM
I like yellowboze because everythings comon and mesta is easy to get

fayt43
Jul 17, 2006, 12:32 PM
im a pinkal and i find a lot of material my force stats are way above normal but i dont find any special rare items

PSOPRINCE
Jul 17, 2006, 01:06 PM
are you stacking?

Lord_Kratos
Jul 17, 2006, 01:17 PM
Yellowboze pwns cus it finds everything equally so u can use it for and type of char. its good for ppl just starting out PSO. now if u want to master a class then Skyly is good but i find Yellowboze to still pwn for hunters

PSOPRINCE
Jul 17, 2006, 01:28 PM
and too much MESETA

Lord_Kratos
Jul 17, 2006, 02:51 PM
yah u get alot of meseta