PDA

View Full Version : K. C., and his role in phantasy Star

-McPot-
Jun 28, 2006, 12:02 AM
K. C. is a lost character that i know little about. All I know is that he escaped Pioneer 2 with Whilm Break. Also that he watches Rufina in the shadows.

RAGNAGELPPOD
Jun 28, 2006, 11:12 AM
He speaks old enhlish or something as well. Thats an accent that no one else has. Perhaps hes from a different region of Ragol altogether.
So one question that comes to mind is why he left his home region to join up with the hunters.
Hmm...There may just be a clue of sorts in his name. Is K.C. an acronym for any of the old pso characters from the first Phantasy star games?

DikkyRay
Jun 28, 2006, 09:43 PM
I can't think of any chars from ps1-3 with K in their name.... i didnt have ps4 so i dont know about that. I guess sonic team wanted a "mysterious" character in ep3

-McPot-
Jun 29, 2006, 04:56 PM
RAGNAGELPPOD makes an interesting point, but it would be a bad plot to keep K. C. as mysterous. Dikkyray have you even played the ep. 3 Story, if so prove it.

Skorpius
Jun 29, 2006, 05:01 PM
KC's name in the Japanese version is Kasey.

The letters are nothing more than a lame attempt at a translation.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2006-06-29 15:01 ]</font>

DikkyRay
Jun 29, 2006, 05:40 PM
Dude,i was trying to help out. Sorry. And i have played the story mode. I was corrupted though, and i dont want to go through that again. Thanks Skorpius for explaiing this to us.

Skorpius
Jul 1, 2006, 03:50 PM
I don't know why you're getting overly defensive to my reply. I was not hostile towards you at all.

VR-Raiden
Jul 1, 2006, 05:35 PM
I'm pretty sure Dikky was refering to McPot's post.

Skorpius
Jul 1, 2006, 06:13 PM
That makes sense. I usually skip McPot's posts, though.

DikkyRay
Jul 1, 2006, 09:18 PM
lmao, and yes, i was referring to mcpots post about me not knowing about the storyline. I did thank you right? I'm pretty sure i did

-McPot-
Jul 1, 2006, 11:42 PM
I wasn't being hostile either, Dikky Ray must think im always hostile since our Shrealm discussion.

DikkyRay
Jul 2, 2006, 08:52 AM
On 2006-07-01 21:42, -McPot- wrote:
I wasn't being hostile either, Dikky Ray must think im always hostile since our Shrealm discussion.

[quote]
On 2006-06-29 14:56, -McPot- wrote:
Dikkyray have you even played the ep. 3 Story, if so prove it.

Pwned

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DikkyRay on 2006-07-02 07:37 ]</font>

Zarbolord
Jul 2, 2006, 11:20 AM
-_- This will never end....
K.C. just probably speaks old english because he comes from a sofisticated family, you don't think he is a guardian from the ancient civilisation O_o It would be bizarre.
Old english is fun to speak too. Mine thoughts often bring to such an action but here of have flown to another post. I must depart, farewell noble kingsmen!

-McPot-
Jul 3, 2006, 01:17 AM
How is that Hostile Dikky?

fayt43
Jul 19, 2006, 08:06 AM
does he have any cutscenes anyway its break lura ,mem vivi .break silfer ,kranz kirila and break and ino'illis thats it i think

-McPot-
Jul 19, 2006, 10:00 PM
I think he might have one but the scene is focused on Break, Orland, and Relmtos

fayt43
Jul 20, 2006, 05:54 AM
what quest is that on

-McPot-
Jul 20, 2006, 01:34 PM
I'm not really sure.

Mirinee
Jul 24, 2006, 05:01 AM
K.C. wasn't in any cutscene. The quest you speak of is the Arkz quest Across Time 1, with K.C. as your team mate vs Orland and Relmitos, but unfortunately it didn't have a cutscene.

I feel a bit sorry for him. It seemed that he really liked Rufina. They should get together someday. ^_^

-McPot-
Jul 24, 2006, 11:57 PM
wied, I thought he was in one picture like Rio was.

Sinue_v2
Aug 7, 2006, 06:08 AM
Is K.C. an acronym for any of the old pso characters from the first Phantasy star games?

I can answer that...

No, as far as I can tell, K.C. is not an acronymn or a reference to any previous Phantasy Star characters. The only ones who come close are;

Kainz Ji An (Josh Kain - PSII), Kain Sa Riik (Rhys - PSIII), Louis Kay Escher (Alair - PSIII), Luna Kay Escher (Kara - PSIII), Shess Tierney (Kyra Tierney - PSIV)

In both the US and JP translations - there are no real matchings of names for "K.C." or "Kasey". Nor would he have any personality, apperance, or background connections with any of the above characters.

I didn't check Gaiden or Adventure thurougly, but I doubt you'd find any connection there either.