PDA

View Full Version : 2 things that bother me..

Mwabwetumba
Jun 28, 2006, 03:48 PM
1) Why the HELL did they have to dumb down the difficulty on offline like they did!?
My absolute favorite part of PSO is to battle Olga Flow, but it is so rediculous when he/it only has 12.000 hp on very hard!
I have tried doing different things to up the challenge a bit, like only going in there with 5 mono/di/trimates, fighting him unarmed and such, but it is no different.. (this was when I was still on hard though, I am way too low level with any of my chars to survive seabed on ultimate yet!)I truly hope that in ultimate, his added 4000 hp aswell as his doubling of DFP will make him a true opponent.

2) It is downright STUPID that your characters ``stage-progress`` does not save when you multiplay!
I start a new character with a friend, and we play through EP 1 to the ruins, and then we call it the day.
And then the next day we must slug our way through forest/cave/mine yet AGAIN!
Even though I like to play PSO solo, this is indeed a wierd thing that I´m sure could have been avoided..

Maybe this is a rant??
Though it is clearly about PSO.. ah well, I´m not really ranting, more like asking about your opinions on these matters?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mwabwetumba on 2006-06-29 02:28 ]</font>
Edit: I just had to re-write the threadname.. it disturbed me even more:P

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mwabwetumba on 2006-06-29 02:29 ]</font>

rena-ko
Jun 28, 2006, 03:54 PM
1: go on with ult.

2: if i remember right, both chars (or at least P1) have to unlock all stages. if that's not the case, you'll have to unlock them by clearing them - and this process doesnt get saved.

Mwabwetumba
Jun 28, 2006, 04:06 PM
On 2006-06-28 13:54, rena-ko wrote:
1: go on with ult.

2: if i remember right, both chars (or at least P1) have to unlock all stages. if that's not the case, you'll have to unlock them by clearing them - and this process doesnt get saved.

1) Thank you, I will.

2)Meh, nothing I can do about it anyway;S
Just seems a bit unpractical..but I´ll manage--

Anyway, I was also thinking that I might, when I´m strong enough, make a ultimate game with all my 3 characters in it, and fighting my way down to Flow alone, and THEN battle him alone.. that should boost his HP på alot..and make seabed a living hell.. gaah!
Well, noone knows what the future holds-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mwabwetumba on 2006-06-28 14:06 ]</font>

shorty7
Jun 28, 2006, 04:40 PM
you nedd 2 try fighting olga flow on very hard with a party of 4 its like hekka fun

rena-ko
Jun 28, 2006, 05:16 PM
On 2006-06-28 14:06, Mwabwetumba wrote:

Anyway, I was also thinking that I might, when I´m strong enough, make a ultimate game with all my 3 characters in it, and fighting my way down to Flow alone, and THEN battle him alone.. that should boost his HP på alot..and make seabed a living hell.. gaah!
Well, noone knows what the future holds-

try it with controlling two chars - your mainchar and one for tagging along and occasionally healing which you controll with your feet. its quite interesting to get the coordination right.

Mwabwetumba
Jun 28, 2006, 05:23 PM
On 2006-06-28 15:16, rena-ko wrote:

try it with controlling two chars - your mainchar and one for tagging along and occasionally healing which you controll with your feet. its quite interesting to get the coordination right.

That sounds...well, interesting:D
Thats a definite must-try, though!

metatime
Jun 28, 2006, 06:13 PM
On ep1 you have have battle mode on and play on ragol with someone. The difficulty there is that you can have friendly fire there.

Yasumi
Jun 28, 2006, 07:12 PM
It might also be a good idea to just play on Multi mode, the difficulty seems to increase (Im not 100% sure though..) But everytime i play single player in the Caves for example, the enemies and damage i get don't effect me at all, but if im playing with other people, they become more vicious http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif and can actually hit me.

Mwabwetumba
Jun 29, 2006, 04:37 AM
It is alot harder when battle mode is enabled, but it´s just too bad that I hardly ever play with anyone else, since nearly all of my friends thinks that PSO is lame.
(I have already punished them, you need not worry about that one^^)
Though it is a nightmare when I team with a FO and battle mode is on, I get nuked all the time.. because he´s a selfish bastard..!
And yeah, multiplayer seems to highten the difficulty by quite alot.
Especially with the Morfos down in the seabeds.
When soloing with my HUcast I can strike them for about 500 damage, but when I team with a buddy I only cause about 120 damage per hit!
I know this does not happen with all enemies, but it´s the most prominent.
Im gonna take rena´s advice and start controlling a second player with my feet...or maybe I can control one character with each foot, then I can have all my 3 chars in at the same time.. yeah.. heheh:P

concussionman
Jun 29, 2006, 09:02 AM
The reason that you can't keep your level progress in multi mode is becuase even though you could have activated the pillars, you cannot talk to Pricipal Tyrel, and that is the one thing that you have to do to save your level progress.
And first player is the only one that has to of unlocked the levels that you can play any of them at any time.
So if you are playing with two brand new chars on multi, you won't be able to go straight to the ruins unless one of you goes through and completes Forest, Caves & Mines first and saves thier level progress.

Mwabwetumba
Jun 29, 2006, 09:21 AM
Thanks concussionman, I know that.. but it is really quite an hindrance sometimes.. I just wish they would have allowed you to talk to the townspeople, I mean, why not??
For instance, if me and 3 other people start new characters, and we decide to try and keep roughly the same level, and Im the one with the game, that means I have to clear through it all just so we can access all the areas, and that leads to a great level increase on my part:/
Not to mention that it dampers the spirit if we have to spend an extra hour just to get to the place where we want to play.
Everything would be so much easier if my buds also had PSO and played it by themselves, but as it stands...it´s up to me to make the people happy.
As I said before, since theres nothing to be done about it, just gotta suck it up and slug through it alone..

BeeYee
Jun 29, 2006, 09:31 AM
I agree Mwabwetumba, it is a hindrance, but it really doesnt matter for me because ive beaten the game on both episodes on Ultimate. I am much higher than my friends, but I dont do anything but Deband, Shifta, Jellen, and Zalure. Sorry for the trouble you have.

Mwabwetumba
Jun 29, 2006, 09:45 AM
Ah its quite alright afterall.. not like I would want to make a new character now anyways:P
But it was a real pain in the beginning.. nowadays whenever I can assemble a crowd to play PSO with I take on the role of punching bag for the monsters while the other folks hit them for exp...works real good actually.

PSOPRINCE
Jun 29, 2006, 02:50 PM
two things thtai really hate, oh three things
1. you have to quit to svae
2. you cant pause
3.i cant find anyone who sells pso plus asi want the tower quest and the freedom to not get fsoded
oh and my bloody shitty drop rates that i always seem to get huff
YAY RANT lol

h and why not try wiht both hand both feet and your face i did, we all died lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PSOPRINCE on 2006-06-29 12:52 ]</font>

PanyoPanyo
Jun 29, 2006, 07:14 PM
I agree with PSOPrince the 2 most annoying things are to save you must quit and you cant pause the game (even in offline mode)

Lastly what annoyed me the most was the lack of protection used in PSO. But that will probably be fixed in PSU

kimkid100
Jun 30, 2006, 02:33 PM
I wish they could make more different lvs. on episode 2 offline and more difficulty lvls.