PDA

View Full Version : Red Ring?

TwinBlade
Jun 28, 2006, 04:56 PM
I have been looking for the red ring but i just can't find it. this site says i can find it on Ultimate from Olga Flow but he never drops it. I was wondering if anyone found it WITHOUT cheating and if so could you help me.

Zuenza
Jun 28, 2006, 05:00 PM
It's impossible to get the red ring without hacking it or using the AR.Sonic Team intended to release that drop as well as the Parisitic Gene"Flow" ,but then abandoned the idea.

rena-ko
Jun 28, 2006, 05:32 PM
they probably saved it for a future quest, but so far - nothing. its a common hack tho.

sum182
Jun 28, 2006, 06:44 PM
You find the red ring off of Dark Falz, not Olga Flow. You get the PGF from Olga flow, but yeah, according to the site it doesn't drop.

zandra117
Jun 28, 2006, 07:40 PM
There are some switches to the right of the screen when you are running from the fire at the beginning of gallon's treachery. These switches are not mentioned in the quest guide. I have a feeling that the switches will initiate a sidequest to get the red ring if you step on them all. I have not been able to do this yet because I can never gather enough people on PSOX willing to try the quest and it is very hard to step on the switches without being hit by the fire. I think this might be related to the red ring because all the other rings are obtained as quest rewards. Another interesting thing to note is that even though the red ring is supposedly an unreleased item it is not banned from online play on the gamecube. That is very unusual to me.

Dre_o
Jun 28, 2006, 08:11 PM
On 2006-06-28 17:40, zandra117 wrote:
There are some switches to the right of the screen when you are running from the fire at the beginning of gallon's treachery.

uhh...or those could be what some of us tactical masters call Decoys!! And besides (even though I don't agree with everything that is on this site) I agree that the Red Ring isn't CURRENTLY available legitimetly.

zandra117
Jun 28, 2006, 09:02 PM
I have never seen "decoys" of this type in any other quest. The switches have to do something. If they are decoys then why do the first 2 switches deactivate the lazer fences around the other switches?

Nitro Vordex
Jun 28, 2006, 09:12 PM
On 2006-06-28 19:02, zandra117 wrote:
I have never seen "decoys" of this type in any other quest. The switches have to do something. If they are decoys then why do the first 2 switches deactivate the lazer fences around the other switches?

Dude, have you been to Caves 2?? In a big circle room with cool blue gems? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Well, I think in one quest, or if your just going through it,there is like 7 switches in there and only one opens the locked door.Sometimes it's a four switcher but that is besides the point. The switches that don't do anything do just that, absolutley nothing. They are fake switches meant for you usually to run into a trap. So there you have it.

zandra117
Jun 28, 2006, 09:18 PM
I know but there have never been any decoys to throw you off of an objective like that before.

The trapped switches in the caves dont do anything but the switches in gallons treachery actually do stuff.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-06-28 19:20 ]</font>

Dre_o
Jun 28, 2006, 09:30 PM
On 2006-06-28 19:18, zandra117 wrote:
The trapped switches in the caves dont do anything but the switches in gallons treachery actually do stuff.

You say this yet in an earlier post you said. and I quote:

I have not been able to do this yet because I can never gather enough people on PSOX willing to try the quest and it is very hard to step on the switches without being hit by the fire.

So you technically have no evidence and think about it! In a quest where you are RUNNING from a fire type thing, why WOULDN't ST put decoy switches in just to catch the curious or the stupid?

whiteninja
Jun 29, 2006, 12:41 AM
Gallon's Treachery is all about decoys, and puzzles, and getting you confused so you phail. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif Stop the conspiricy theories.

The Red Ring and Parasitic Gene "Flow" are not currently obtainable through ANY legitimate means on ANY version of PSO.

zandra117
Jun 29, 2006, 01:31 AM
I have been able to step on 2 of the 3 switches without being hit by fire. the first switch opens a lazer fence to the second switch and the second switch opens a fence to the 3rd. I havent been able to activate the 3rd switch yet because of people that wont cooperate on PSOX.

R2D6battlebot
Jun 29, 2006, 03:16 AM
It probly leads to a door which leads to boxes which leads to trash.