PDA

View Full Version : Release date news....

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Oct 22, 2002, 04:18 PM
Not sure if anyone knows about this or not, but the date has been pushed back to the 30th. I'm not sure if it's just here, but I just called EB and the sales rap told me that the date was pushed back until next Wednesday. It may just be here, but I'm not really sure. They do, however, have the modems and BBAs in here, so I'm going to pick my modem up today while I'm around that area.....just FYI.....

Cheech
Oct 22, 2002, 04:21 PM
The release date has been the 29th/30th for awhile now... o_O;

ginko990
Oct 22, 2002, 04:48 PM
The release dates always been the 29th, just stores get the games on the 30th. Sheesh come o get with the program.

Rumina
Oct 22, 2002, 06:07 PM
tru.. the 29th is actually just a ship date. and the media play here is telling me they'll actually get it ON THE 29th. hmm.. i wonder why i have it reserved at three places...

Ian D
Oct 22, 2002, 06:17 PM
Yep, it has been confirmed that it should released the last week of October.

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Oct 22, 2002, 08:01 PM
On 2002-10-22 14:48, ginko990 wrote:
The release dates always been the 29th, just stores get the games on the 30th. Sheesh come o get with the program.

It was my understanding that the game was due out the 29th, no need to be a smart ass about it. I didn't realize it could be the 29th or 30th, excuse me for making a mistake....

Shrevn
Oct 22, 2002, 09:18 PM
I also tough WEDs so i guess i was right i know EBs dates are always a day early.

Phobos-X
Oct 22, 2002, 10:22 PM
when looking at the EBgames website, the release date is the date that they actually SHIP it, not the day you will receive it. If you choose next day shipping, you will always get the game the next day after the release date

benja
Oct 23, 2002, 12:35 AM
Basic retail knowledge:
Tuesdays: Movies and CD's New Release Day
Wednesday: Videogame New Release Day
Movies & CD's: Hard Street Date(store gets fined for selling before release date)
Videogames: Soft Street Date(they really don't care what day you buy the game, only exception are systems; they have a Hard Street Date)
The shipments for all this crap almost always arrives a day or 2 early.
The point: Go looking for PSO on Tuesday, almost a guarantee you can get it buy Tuesday afternoon if the store you go to has their receiving in order.

SuperSubZero
Oct 23, 2002, 12:39 PM
Sometimes places get stuff, but they are expected to keep to a strict shipping schedule. Unreal Tournament 2K3 had an official release date on a Monday, but since the store had it early, I got it Friday. The game publisher allowed stores that got it early to start selling it right away. In other cases they absolutely won't sell it early regardless.