PDA

View Full Version : Worst glitch ever...

Zuenza
Jun 29, 2006, 07:23 PM
I was transfering items from one character to another on the same memory card.I was transfering over a Sato,a Lavis Cannon,and an Attribute Wall.I drop the items near the scientists in white on ep1 Pioneer 2.Then the scientist walks over them,and they disappear!Has this happened to anyone else out there?

blace
Jun 30, 2006, 02:46 PM
That is something that I have never heard of before whether it's a glitch or not I recommend doing this again but in a area (hunter's guild) without the NPC's walking around.

Zuenza
Jun 30, 2006, 03:26 PM
Ok,I'll try that next time.That was weird though...and that was my only Lavis Cannon...

blace
Jun 30, 2006, 03:28 PM
Did you save after that had happened or just reset?
If you saved good luck on finding another and if you didn't do the process again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: blace on 2006-06-30 13:29 ]</font>

Zuenza
Jun 30, 2006, 04:45 PM
I quit and saved because I thought just shutting off the power would harm my characters.I guess I'll have to find a new one.

blace
Jul 1, 2006, 01:31 PM
... If you just turned it off or did a reset the items would remain on the character. Character corruption occurs on third party memory cards (e.g. Datel and the action replay) which are not officially sponsored by Nintendo. Official memory cards that are authorized by Nintendo has a lower chance of getting corrupted (e.g. Mad Catz or one of those puny nintendo made memory cards). Corruptions seem to occur mainly online from all these topics but i have not tried it myself so I can only estimate that your chances of getting corrupted offline is very slim.

Zuenza
Jul 1, 2006, 02:28 PM
Oh...Well I've reset the game before when something happened and my data got corrupted.I guess I was unlucky at the time.And I was also using an official gc memory card,I don't own a Datel Action Replay card.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zuenza on 2006-07-01 12:30 ]</font>

rena-ko
Jul 1, 2006, 02:34 PM
did you - by chance - drop more than 50 items on the floor?

Zuenza
Jul 1, 2006, 06:37 PM
Nope,just the Attribute Wall and the Lavis Cannon.

PSOPRINCE
Jul 5, 2006, 02:07 PM
On 2006-07-01 11:31, blace wrote:
... If you just turned it off or did a reset the items would remain on the character. Character corruption occurs on third party memory cards (e.g. Datel and the action replay) which are not officially sponsored by Nintendo. Official memory cards that are authorized by Nintendo has a lower chance of getting corrupted (e.g. Mad Catz or one of those puny nintendo made memory cards). Corruptions seem to occur mainly online from all these topics but i have not tried it myself so I can only estimate that your chances of getting corrupted offline is very slim.

my offical 211 gamecube card got currupted so...

arcanium
Jul 5, 2006, 05:52 PM
On 2006-06-29 17:23, Zuenza wrote:
I was transfering items from one character to another on the same memory card.I was transfering over a Sato,a Lavis Cannon,and an Attribute Wall.I drop the items near the scientists in white on ep1 Pioneer 2.Then the scientist walks over them,and they disappear!Has this happened to anyone else out there?

well u see man umm if that happend just dont save turn off ur system and try it again i dont see y that wouldent work

Zuenza
Jul 5, 2006, 10:18 PM
Yeah but the last time I did that my gc card(non-Action Replay) got currupted,and I lost very valuable items,so I decided not to do that again.I can live with the loss,I'll find more(I hope).And I'll be more careful when transfering items next time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zuenza on 2006-07-05 20:21 ]</font>

martian_man
Jul 7, 2006, 06:46 AM
It'll only corrupt if you turn it off while saving.

arcanium
Jul 7, 2006, 08:52 AM
yeah thats right that happend to my sonic advenute 2 game for gc i had like almost every thing unlucked man i was bummed

Asuke
Jul 11, 2006, 04:49 PM
well the same glitch happens when you drop too much without picking it up.... for example, I had 4 mind materials and 2 hp materials that i was dropping. well i dropped them and then picked them up with my other user and only got 3 mind materials and 1 hp materials.

I've learned that when you drop one thing another player/character needs to pick it up right away. For some reason the floor of Pioneer 1 will absorb the items... its sucky like that

Zuenza
Jul 11, 2006, 09:22 PM
Really?I only thought that was the deal for dropping 50+ items.And of course,that stupid glitch...(Lavis Cannon,come back!)

Bertus
Aug 22, 2006, 03:48 AM
On 2006-07-07 04:46, martian_man wrote:
It'll only corrupt if you turn it off while saving.

It can corrupt anytime...
My save corrupted allmost every time i got new Lv.30 tech(unnown reason). Good thing that itīs easy enough to restore the file.