PDA

View Full Version : Lesson not quite learned.

WrathOfMegid
Jun 29, 2006, 09:25 PM
One day I was doing Caves 1 with a Hucaseal and a frozen shooter. I came up to a Nano, and I fired off a normal shot, and the Nano turned to blast me. Before I could get off the freeze shot, my gun froze me. I thought, "Okay, it's one hit. I can survive one hit from a Nano." Then, as the beam hit me, it hit me twice, and I died. I was surprised, but not too dismayed. I finish Caves 1 and go to two. In the first room was another Nano, and thinking back, I decided to go with a freezing shot first. No can do. I freeze first thing, he turns, beams me, I die again. Does anyone else know my pain?

WrathOfMegid
Jun 29, 2006, 09:29 PM
Shoot. I mean Racaseal. Woops.

DonRoyale
Jun 29, 2006, 09:38 PM
Two tips:

A) The reason Froozer backfired on you is probably because you equipped it for too long. It's highly unlikely that a freshly equipped Froozer will freeze you; its backfire effect is a very low chance, and usually happens after prolonged equipment time.

B) I suggest you equip a Cure/Freeze if you're using Froozer for prolonged periods of time.

Welcome to PSOW, BTW. I suggest you visit the Lounge if you haven't already; Ketchup will give you the lowdown on the rules and stuff. (I love his copy + paste antics http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif)

That's never happened to me, BTW. I usually freeze, then switch to Guld Milla FTW. (Then again, I'm guessing you don't have GM http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif)

Clark145
Jun 29, 2006, 09:46 PM
just shoot and look for when hes gonna shoot -.-

TheyCallMeJoe
Jun 29, 2006, 10:29 PM
You realy don't even need to freeze him...just use whatever high-power weapon you got and sidestep a few steps when he's gonna fire. Generally, he uses the linear attack unless you're nearby other enemies, in which case he fires the multiple-homing missle mabobs. have fun dodging those http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Skorpius
Jun 29, 2006, 11:00 PM
I'd suggest just laughing it off and going back to playing. It's such a minor issue that bringing it up is almost pointless. That's not to say that I haven't learned from this topic, Nano Dragon's laser attack can hit you multiple times.

shorty7
Jun 30, 2006, 12:13 AM
nano dragons r annoying but i freaking slaughtered them in Vhard with my HUcast

sum182
Jun 30, 2006, 12:26 AM
Their easy to take down with any gun. just equip a normal gun and fire away, its that easy.

Zarbolord
Jun 30, 2006, 02:06 AM
Or use Barta lvl 30... Oooops! Forgot you were'nt a FOrce!
Yeah, well I use the Ruby Bullet on them with my RAcaseal, so it's quickly over for them...

Dana
Jun 30, 2006, 04:15 AM
FS randomly freeze. Meaning it can freeze at anytime. 'freshly' equipt or not.

Just hunt a cure/freeze. Also, freezing a Nano is almost pointless as they normally just take to the air. Just use mechs. Keep it in the air, and there is no risk of being hit/frozen

kimkid100
Jun 30, 2006, 03:53 PM
that's wat i dhon't like about the frozen shooter it freezes at random times

rena-ko
Jun 30, 2006, 04:06 PM
it really only rarely does it - and shaking out of ice thats what, a second - two at most. *shrugs* if its too easy, its boring, isnt it?