PDA

View Full Version : Boss Boxes

BeeYee
Jun 30, 2006, 01:00 PM
can you find rare items in the boxes that the bosses leave? Im just a little curious.

Mwabwetumba
Jun 30, 2006, 01:02 PM
Never happened to me, so my answer is No.

sum182
Jun 30, 2006, 01:04 PM
No you can't, they are basically like any other box, except you get them after beating the boss

BeeYee
Jun 30, 2006, 01:07 PM
but in "any other box," you can find rares.

Mwabwetumba
Jun 30, 2006, 01:10 PM
Just think of it as the fallen bossīs last revenge.

``Well, he may have defeated me and gained experience, but atleast that SOB wont find anything special in my treasure hoard!``

Edit: added kickass example.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mwabwetumba on 2006-06-30 11:11 ]</font>

Saffran
Jun 30, 2006, 01:38 PM
In Ult (and maybe only in Ult) you may find PDs, which are supposed to be rares.
I dunno about regular rares, but I suppose it could happen. It would be the generic rare of the next area... except for DF I guess.

TheyCallMeJoe
Jun 30, 2006, 01:52 PM
I always thought they were just lvl 2 boxes for that specific area...which would mean that generic rares could drop. Nothing ever has for me, but then again the chance of getting an item with a low drop rate from those SPECIFIC boxes is relatively low.

I'm going to have to say YES, you can get drops from them but the chances are pretty slim.

kimkid100
Jun 30, 2006, 01:55 PM
i'm not sure if you can get items from the boxes but I know you can get them from bross drops. It happens to me pretty often.

Clark145
Jun 30, 2006, 02:04 PM
ive had addslot on ultimate from the sil dragon boxs.

-Crokar-
Jun 30, 2006, 04:54 PM
ive gotten several pds from boxes in all difficulties.

rainhunterx2
Jul 1, 2006, 01:06 AM
you can get rares from the boss boxes, I am 100% positive in episode 2 because I have gotten numerous ones but I can not recall if I have ever gotten a non PD from an episode 1 boss box (gotten PD's though).

R2D6battlebot
Jul 1, 2006, 03:23 AM
Yes you can get rares that are not PDs, its happened to me at least 3 times where I get like a justy from the worm boxes.

Mwabwetumba
Jul 1, 2006, 03:40 AM
Wow, so rares is a possible find in boss boxes?
Either they are really rare, or Im just unlucky, seeing as I have opened thousands of boss boxes without even a PD...well, I guess Im due for it,then:D

PALRAPPYS
Jul 1, 2006, 07:36 PM
You can find rares in boss boxes, just kinda hard. I found a Custom Ray in there once! (after the gol dragon in vhard)

xxTrystanxx
Jul 1, 2006, 09:05 PM
I remember being in a multiplayer game and someone got a Custom Ray from a boss box. From my own travels, all I've gotten was PDs.

metatime
Jul 1, 2006, 09:08 PM
How it works is the rares are the next level box rares.

For example the dragon boxes are the caves box rares etc.

This has been asked before and had been verified.

Ryna
Jul 1, 2006, 09:29 PM
One thing I would like to add to Metatime's post is that Photon Drops are not considered to be "rare items" by the game. Even though they may have a red box icon, they are considered to be a tool-type item. As such, anything can drop them.

Jarek
Jul 2, 2006, 04:14 AM
Yes, as said you can get rares from some boss boxes. But only from 2 bosses I'm pretty sure..Caves boss and spaceship boss. I'll break it down.

Forest boss: All the boxes here have their set 'color', meaning depending on what quest you're in, they will be the same. For example if you just beat the dragon on a regular run there will always be a group of 4 boxes that have 1 orange box, 1 blue box, and 2 green boxes. That orange box will be some wep and that blue box will be some shield; they are always there and that color, but the item itself will vary. The green boxes will be any tool item, and since PDs are considered a 'rare tool', they will only drop where a green box is set to appear. Rare weps will not drop here.

Caves boss: All the boxes here seem to be random. They aren't set like the dragon's boxes, and can drop rare weapons and PDs.

Mines boss: Set boxes again. They will always drop the same color item from run to run, but the item itself will vary. Rare items do not drop, but PDs can.

Ruins boss: Seem to be set. All the boxes are either blue or orange, some are meseta. No rare weps or PDs will drop here.

Temple boss: Set. All orange boxes on one side, all blue ones on the other. No rare weps, no PDs.

Spaceship boss: Like caves boss, random. Any box can show up here, rare weps and PDs included.

CCA boss: Set. Always in groups of 4 blue boxes or 4 orange boxes. No rare items.

Seabed boss: Set. Always blue or orange. No reds.

Ah..I hope that clears it up. Hope it's all correct as well, since it's kinda late, and I'm getting tired. XD http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bored.gif