PDA

View Full Version : how to see Rico in person ....

kimkid100
Jun 30, 2006, 02:02 PM
If anyone wants to see Rico in person. Well acually it's her spirit. Go to Ult. mode and beat Falts using a dark weapon and go back into the field that began the whole fight. To the left when you enter Rico will be sitting down. She'll be wearing red.

blace
Jun 30, 2006, 02:09 PM
There has been many topics about this but nonetheless you must use the Dark Flow, Dark Meteor, or Dark Bridge and defeat Dark Falz in modes Hard and higher not only in Ult. The Parasitic Gene Flow can be currently obtained through illegitimate means meaning there is no chance of recieving this to make a dark weapon unless it is hacked, duped, or somehow dropped it cannot be found in any legitimate methods or ways. Although it is something people can do when they are bored.

kimkid100
Jun 30, 2006, 02:13 PM
are those dark weapons only from online mode of can you get it offline?

blace
Jun 30, 2006, 02:28 PM
They are just weapons that some hackers use to create their own and cannot be found as the Parasitic Gene Flow can NOT be obtained legally only through inlegal ways they can get it. So no you can't get online or offline without cheating.

kimkid100
Jun 30, 2006, 02:30 PM
well that stinks

blace
Jun 30, 2006, 02:40 PM
Indeed it does after learning about Flowen and defeating Olga Flow with a Red Saber. All that time and patience to fight Olga Flow in Ult mode didn't really go to waste.

merrycherry9
Jun 30, 2006, 02:41 PM
Ya that does kind of suck. I dont know why they banned dark weapons http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif. The whole seeing red rico thing is kinda cool though...but it gets old after the second time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

kimkid100
Jun 30, 2006, 03:10 PM
there are some glitches in the green field if you're bored

Hexadecimal
Jun 30, 2006, 03:39 PM
They didn't ban them, you just can't get them by normal means.

Which is bizarre... Falz and Olga have the ability to drop Rico parts and the Parasitic Gene Flow, but they are toggled to "Never drop" or something.

It may be possible that ST intended to have the toggle enabled for a few quests...

blace
Jun 30, 2006, 03:45 PM
Although both Dark Falz and Olga Flow are set to drop there respective items such as the impossible Parasitic Gene Flow and the reclusive Red Ring there drop rates have been turned to 0% chance of obtaining. Maybe this had something to do with the DC and GC servers being connected to allow this possibility as said by meimeilee in another topic about "flou".

kimkid100
Jun 30, 2006, 03:54 PM
i just thought those items got banned

GreyWolf360
Jul 1, 2006, 02:07 AM
wait wait wat?! defeat olga with a red saber?! i had 8 of thoes damned things! what happened?! details?

MadHatter
Jul 1, 2006, 10:20 AM
Yeah, that goes down in history as one of the most badass moments in PSO...Me and a friend took down Flow in VH (So we knew we wouldn't die) while I was using my Red Handgun. Seeing Flowen was probably the coolest thing ever. Later we used a hacked Dark Flow for Rico, too. Definitely cool.

Sion-Kamui
Jul 1, 2006, 10:26 AM
well actually i was recently playing in episode 2 on ultimate. and i beat OLGA FLOW with a RED WEAPON and i got a parasitic gene flow as a drop. except i used a RED DAGGER to beat FLOW considering how i was using a HUnewearl

Marter
Jul 1, 2006, 11:58 AM
Sion-Kamui. If that is true, give a video of it.
Make a timeglass in the video just to make it legit like.
The data were pulled from the Game Disk itself, so the data is fool proof. Face the facts, you cannot get the Parasitic Gene Flow in any means without being legit. (Though it is possible by rewriting some of the data...)

blace
Jul 1, 2006, 01:00 PM
So many people have claimed to recieve the Parasitic Gene Flow when in fact that their drop rates have been turned off. Many of the members, moderators, and administrators would like to have actual proof that the Parasitic Gene Flow was obtained in legal ways.

Weapons with Red in the name such as:
Red Saber
Red Sword
Red Partisan
Red Handgun
Red Mechgun
Red Slicer
Red Dagger

With these items they allow the players in multi mode offline or online modes to see Flowen and the ability to obtain the Parasitic Gene Flow, but since the drop rates are turned off for the final bosses of Episode 1 and 2 they cannot drop them. Players with these weapons must have them equipped at all times even if you died and then revived they must equip it again and hit the boss. Note: Red Scorpio does not count as a red weapon that would allow players to see Flowen.

Dark Weapons:
Dark Bridge
Dark Meteor
Dark Flow

To use these you must have the gene and have the minimal level of 100 and a weapon of the same class (Sword, Shot, Stick) to use the gene on to obtain these weapons of mass power. With these unobtainable weapons they enable Dark Falz to drop the Red Ring as seen when the boss is defeated in Normal mode of the game. The player(s) with these weapons must hit the boss once to enable the mini sequence after returning to Pioneer 2 to allow players to see Rico. Note: The player(s) with the Dark weapons must hit Dark Falz at least once in his final form.

That concludes my explanation for the Parasitic Gene Flow and the Red Ring.

MadHatter
Jul 1, 2006, 08:10 PM
Now I'm very interested in this...Why would they alter the code to kill the drop rate? Why not wipe Red Ring/Dark Weapons out of the game entirely? The fact that the weapons CAN exist shows that they could possibly be obtained...Perhaps there's just one thing nobody's done, something obscure, that "unlocks" the drop rate? Although, I'm sure damn near eveyone on this site has tested every possible scenario. Is there a research forum where theories are shared about these things? There may be hope, after all the Tsumikiri mystery was solved even though it seemed impossible.

((Also, I know somebody is looking at this message going "Stupid n00b". I don't even want Dark Flow, except perhaps as a trophy. I just love these kinds of mysteries.))