PDA

View Full Version : EP3: Tier list... HUNTERS!

DikkyRay
Jun 30, 2006, 05:35 PM
This is sort of like rag's tier list, but with the Hu side!
Top-
Relmitos. He rules. Period. He has great stats for a Hunter. His Ap/tp is actually pretty helpful. Equip one force weapon, with good tp. And one good hunter wep, with good ap. The only problem is no tech. He has to use the full pts to use techs. That is why him and inolis can be interchangable.
Silfer-The Best hunter. She has good ap, ok tp. The only problem is her move, but thats not really a problem. Use guns with her.
Kranz- W00T Kranz. A really great ranger. He doesnt have as much ap as Kylria, but his fixed range makes up for it. The Yas series of weapons are great with him. Just pump up with assists and ac cards, and you're fine.

Middle-
Tiefu- A great hunter if you're oppenent spams (yuishin XD). He does not have good ap otherwise. But then theres Zanbato. The best 4 point hunter wep out there. That is what sets him apart from Silfer, she cant use zanbato. If you use rampage with zanbato, you are a killing machine.
Inolis-Interchangeable with relm. All the forces (except viviana) Are exceptionsl. The thing that sets her apart is tech. No other hunter force has tech.
Glustar-Great stats, but no tech. No special attributes to, but isn't that a good thing? There is nothing to drag you down.
Stella-Nyah. She is the female android kranz. She has awesome move. The only problem is 1ap. But she can use the faust series. And fixed range
Kylria- Decent ranger, but not kranz. She has the most ap of all the rangers, but no fixed range. She either doesn't use ac cards, or has to get really close to oppenents

Low-
Guykild-His elude is great. 2 problems though. Its hard to make a good guykild deck, without turning it into a spam deck (spam being 4 or more items equiped). Pierce and rampage demolish him.
Saligun-Nothing really special. The only thing that she has going for her is the low-cost halfguard. But there is a way around that.
Bottom-
Viviana-Ok, i can see how she can be good. Dice bonus gives her tp! Cool! But most battles end before she can get enough good tp range. She doesnt have tech, and her stats otherwise suck. She is good if you are doing a team battle that will last awhile and end with a good dice bonus, but stay away from her in singles.
Orland-1 word. Spam. That is the only thing going for him. Spam gives him strength. Unless by some luck everyone is a hunter and equiping lots of sword-type weapons, you have to spam. Virus and tornado decimate him

Alisha
Jun 30, 2006, 06:32 PM
i think your vastly under rating movement in your tiers. heres my tiers

Top-
Sailigun-shes basically silfer but sacrifises 1 ap for 1 movement awesome trade in my opinon.plus low cost half guard is awesome against spam decks,and lets not forget she can use berdysh.
Glustar-3tp 3 movement............
Stella-why hello thar 4 movement and if you abuse her fixed range to the max her 1 ap shouldnt be a problem.
Kylria-why am i putting her in top tier and not silfer when they have the same movement? the answer is simple rifles offset that 2 movement.also if you can get a team deck going with a friend handgun milla owns your face.

middle-
Relmitos-simply put his strength is also his weakness
Silfer-3 ap owns but 2 movement blows
Ino'lis-tech rocks but 1 tp doesnt
Kranz-2 move blows but fixed range and exp bonus is sweet!
Guykild-1 phrase. DEATH COMPANION.

low-
Teifu-the key to his power is out of your control and once again 2 movement blows.
Viviana-too much work for the reward and requires a kranz partner to relly push her ability
Orland-due the the nature of his ability highly suceptable to rampage,and like vivi requires a partner to help push his ability.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2006-06-30 16:34 ]</font>

Corey
Jun 30, 2006, 07:41 PM
Tiers simply don't work in this game. . .

VR-Raiden
Jun 30, 2006, 09:50 PM
All the hunters are good for certain decks, but for basic deck styles I think inolis is best for tech only decks, silfer or saligun for hunter decks, and kranz for ranger decks, no contest.

RAGNAGELPPOD
Jul 1, 2006, 12:16 AM
Lol Mcpot will be upset to find Vivi out of top tier!
Anyways, the Hu side is extremely debatable, since it boils down to weapons and action/assist card abuse. And you cant always judge by Ap since muscular exists. I mean, Stella rises to kranz and beyond once you play a muscular, since she gets his ap and has double his MV. These are far too many nuances to place every hunter into a tier list..

That is, unless you invent a few new hunters, such as:

Shrealm: A realmitos that uses shifta to become the most powerful red haired character this side of Pollux and rufina

Running Sil'fer: Stamina is on the field and now thers really nowhere to run

Buff stella: All it took was 1 muscular to make her as treatening as kranz. (sans the tp)

And so on. At this rate, youd probably have 24 hunters; 12 that are normal and 12 that are using the card choices to gain a clear and often coined " cheap" advantage.

If you could do the list that way, we may actually get somewhere...

-McPot-
Jul 1, 2006, 03:09 AM
lol I could make a Tier, but Id just end up making it broken. Cause I usally don't care about stats, abilities, and Shrealm. All that matters to me are looks and story. I use characters on how much I like them. So it's based on looks, personality and weapon type. No matter how bad a character might seem but, I still manage to win. Cause you see Battle strategies, tactics, none of that really matter. You know why, cause I've got heart. Heart is how I win my battles, I feel like Im playing with my allies. Break is so strong. Strong at mind body and spirit. Me and him make a good team. That is why i've played this game for so long. well enoughf rambaling.

Well I would also put Vivana at bottom Tier, she may be good but not as good as the other forces, its a real challenge to use her, but than again im just that good and avoid cheap tactics(aka Shrealm).

On another note, Alisha hates RAmars and FOnewms, so her opinions might be Biased. Oh and dark you may think Lura is good, but do you really know Lura?

Alisha
Jul 1, 2006, 03:44 AM
On 2006-06-30 19:50, VR-Raiden wrote:
All the hunters are good for certain decks, but for basic deck styles I think inolis is best for tech only decks, silfer or saligun for hunter decks, and kranz for ranger decks, no contest.

i agreed with you until you said kranz no contest for ranger decks.

Feelmirath
Jul 1, 2006, 07:49 AM
On 2006-07-01 01:09, -McPot- wrote:
lol I could make a Tier, but Id just end up making it broken. Cause I usally don't care about stats, abilities, and Shrealm. All that matters to me are looks and story. I use characters on how much I like them. So it's based on looks, personality and weapon type. No matter how bad a character might seem but, I still manage to win. Cause you see Battle strategies, tactics, none of that really matter. You know why, cause I've got heart. Heart is how I win my battles, I feel like Im playing with my allies. Break is so strong. Strong at mind body and spirit. Me and him make a good team. That is why i've played this game for so long. well enoughf rambaling.

Yu-Gi-Oh! much? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

RAGNAGELPPOD
Jul 1, 2006, 12:40 PM
Oh and dark you may think Lura is good, but do you really know Lura?

Althogh I 've beaten this game countless times, I feel ashamed to say that I hardly know anything about my favorite character. So, heres what I can describe to you , from my somewhat limited grasp of the story:

Lura is Breaks Girlfriend, Sofia, Who is Sil'fers sister.

So Lura is black. lol.

Anyways, something happened and then Sofia had to get her mind sealed within a robots body.

Then , as if torn from the pages of "Saber marionette J" (an anime ), Lura was finaly able to reach the emotional level needed to become a real person....sorta.

And from that point, she vows to Preserve the World, and Goes after Amplum Umbla in the name of love, for her dear Break.

Aww ^_^

Skorpius
Jul 1, 2006, 03:45 PM
Cause you see Battle strategies, tactics, none of that really matter. You know why, cause I've got heart. Heart is how I win my battles, I feel like Im playing with my allies. Break is so strong. Strong at mind body and spirit. Me and him make a good team. That is why i've played this game for so long.

Jesus Christ. >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2006-07-01 13:46 ]</font>

-McPot-
Jul 1, 2006, 11:38 PM
On 2006-07-01 05:49, Feelmirath wrote:

Yu-Gi-Oh! much? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

[/quote]
why cause I said heart. Thats a pretty lame thing for you to say, YuGiOh died but you still manage to bring it up, wow. Just because someone has a passion for somthing dosent mean they like Yugioh.

RAGNAGELPPOD
Jul 3, 2006, 08:53 AM
I actually liked Mcpots Ramble session. It's probably the slickest thing that I've ever read in a long time ^_^.
Well done.

And since I'm a writer, my praise weighs alot...like a sumo wrestler....so there!

Alisha
Jul 6, 2006, 07:42 AM
Stella > kranz

4 movement > 2 ap

RAGNAGELPPOD
Jul 6, 2006, 09:38 AM
This "Alisha" character has been making quite a bit of sense in this topic.
Where are you Dikky Ray? Shouldn't you be defending/modifying your tier whenever someone posts about it? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

DikkyRay
Jul 6, 2006, 09:59 AM
lol i really dont care anymore XD. Everyone has their own opinions. Unfortunatly no one cares about some peoples opinions. For example. No one cares about *****'s opinions

RAGNAGELPPOD
Jul 6, 2006, 11:34 AM
Yikes.

Well, do ya'll care about my opinions then? I think that I try my best do a great deal of solid posting, even If I do employ rhetoric in my claims, solely as a means to defend myself.

DikkyRay
Jul 6, 2006, 01:47 PM
No i care about your opinions i just censored the name because ***** would then flame me. Plus i dont wanna flame Already got a warning

VR-Raiden
Jul 6, 2006, 03:44 PM
On 2006-07-06 05:42, Alisha wrote:
Stella > kranz

4 movement > 2 ap

I think stella is < or = to kranz. EXP bonus, anyone?

DikkyRay
Jul 6, 2006, 03:45 PM
EXP! EXP! Plus why the hell do i need move if its a ranger lol. Use long range crap. I dont need mv

VR-Raiden
Jul 6, 2006, 03:49 PM
well having high mv is helpful vs arkz but against heros its not that much of an advantage unless ur strat is to run away >_>

-McPot-
Jul 6, 2006, 06:26 PM
Rangers are meant to keep thier Distance, Stella just helps you do that. Give her standstillshield+ and she become even better. Inm my opinion tho I like all Rangers equally except Guykild. He might be good but I always have trouble making him a deck. Oh and DikkyRay do you think Im stupid or somthing. Everyone knows your talking about me. Stella is great Nyah!

VR-Raiden
Jul 6, 2006, 06:41 PM
well against heros with rangers you only really need 2 mv because thats how far back u can be to shoot a rifle. A gun would need a range of at least 4, 1 farther than a normal rifle, to make any use of stella's extra mv. Only a few weapons have that range. It's not like stella can use her 4mv points to back up 4 spaces and still shoot the opponent.

but this is vs heros. Stella is better vs arkz than kranz in some situations.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VR-Raiden on 2006-07-06 16:43 ]</font>

Alisha
Jul 6, 2006, 07:54 PM
unless you stack it with kaldabolg or something ex bonus probally isnt gonna do much in a 2 vs 2 game.

VR-Raiden
Jul 6, 2006, 08:32 PM
yeah, i agree, exp bonus is way more valueable in solo matches because it only takes 3 kills for +1EX. In team you could go with stella or kranz i guess.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VR-Raiden on 2006-07-06 18:33 ]</font>

DikkyRay
Jul 6, 2006, 08:33 PM
i still like the 1 more ap. Plus, i dont really move that much

-McPot-
Jul 7, 2006, 09:44 AM
Moving away from a hunter is easy to do with Stella. You can avoid being attacked almost anytime you want. for Kranz if you get unequiped and need some cover you are pretty much doomed. Plus Stella can easily run behind a rock and shoot, unlike kranz that can't escape combat very well.