PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Universe Guild. A new idea on community.

ZekeStargazer
Jul 1, 2006, 12:07 AM
I want to bring community to this growing group of people that already love Phantasy Star Universe. Freelance is the first-ever guild for Phantasy Star Universe. On the website you will find frequent news updates about PSU, you can chat with other Freelance members, and find continuously updated information about the game and other members.

I encourage everyone here to become united under one name to enhance the community found on these forums. I think it is important for people to come together. Freelance is built on a foundation that brings small groups of friends together. You will find that either being active with the entire guild or a small section of it is firmly stressed. Whether a member enjoys to be in close contact with a few buddies or favors to mingle with the entire Freelance comminuty, they can find that possibility here.

This PSU Guild has been setup to provide its members the ability to share tips and tricks, negotiate trades and purchases of items from other members, learn strategies to help in battle, meet friends to help you defeat the forces of evil in the Phantasy Star Universe world, and a whole lot more! Join us to become a part of this closer community.

This guild is exclusive to the XBox 360 gamers. Freelance is also trying to bring that connection which people had in PSO and breathe new life into it with PSU.

Freelance is trying to bring as many people as possible together in a community that will sustain people with many different views on gameplay as well as their own style. Freelance has a system that allows users to frequent themselves with either a few people or the entire guild, whichever they wish. While one team of rangers may meet every tuesday to reek havoc against evil, a council of forces is scheduled to meet weekly to share and discuss new techniques. With as many different facilities brought to the members fingertips as possible, Freelance is working its hardest to provide the best environment and experience to the Phantasy Star Universe gaming community.

The reputation of the guild as a whole can not be destroyed by one person or even a small group of people. The way this is avoided completely is the use of discipline in the act of criminal actions. Simply put, YOU make yourself look bad, YOU are kicked out because WE don't want to look bad. Doing this will continue to give the public eye a good sense about how nice and considerate we are since the majority, if not all, of the members are that way.

The other part about Freelance is that there is no obligation to do anything. You have no ties, no taxes to pay, no meetings that you have to be at, and no events that you need to go to. Although, I would love to see all of the members take part in everything that Freelance has to offer, I understand that it can sometimes be an impossibility.

My take on "clans" in any game is revolutionary. Any game can have a guild .... now that doesn't make sense does it? Look at it this way, if there is a group of people who enjoy one aspect or one attribute of a game, they can build a guild around it. Many people misconstrue groups of people to be chaotic or problematic for being uptight or cliqueish. You just need to find the good ones.

So the task is to find that "one" clan or guild that was made for you, right? No, it is just easier to create your own or is it? If you do, then you may want to have a lot of people in it or maybe just a few. You will definitely want the best experience for all of your members too!

Freelance takes into consideration everything that you might have thought possible for a guild/clan to have in the world of PSU. Bringing every aspect and every facility to your fingertips is the purpose of Freelance. A special system of smaller communities was composed for people who dislike really large groups or are intimidated by large guilds as well as what comes with them( hierarchy and a lower class of mistreated people, maybe taxes or obligations, etc.). Freelance is a base for everyone to come together and be united under one name. Whether you wish to interact specifically with your section of members or the entire guild, everything is up to you.

This guild will change everything you ever thought about the stereotypical clan.

Zelutos
Jul 1, 2006, 12:23 AM
First ever? Really? It seems that's not quite true, as my team decided upon a PSU guild months and months ago. Sorry, but you're not the first, and i'm sure we're not either.

Dre_o
Jul 1, 2006, 12:35 AM
Wow OP....don't you get tired of writing paragraphs of data that has been falsified by the word First?? Hell! I'm in a PSU Guild that has been in existance LONG before you were even ON this site!! Don't post words that aren't beyond a reasonable doubt, true.

Not to mention I HATE when people copy and paste.

xxTrystanxx
Jul 1, 2006, 12:59 AM
He should have amended that to be first on Xbox 360.

Come to think of it,I think I even remember some already posting a thread for a 360 clan...

At any rate, if and when I get PSU, it'll be on the 360.

Zelutos
Jul 1, 2006, 02:50 AM
On 2006-06-30 22:59, xxTrystanxx wrote:

Come to think of it,I think I even remember some already posting a thread for a 360 clan...

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=112958&forum=8&4

Whoops, looks like you have to rethink everything http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif