PDA

View Full Version : For PSU's anti-cheat

Sgt_Shligger
Jul 2, 2006, 08:46 PM
WIll it auto close when you "alt-tab" or get messages/pop-ups from other programs like PSO PC and BB do?

Inazuma
Jul 2, 2006, 08:52 PM
good question. since window mode will be available from the start, the full screen mode SHOULD be able to be alt-tabbed.

at least, thats what i think. but knowing sega, they may let your game crash every time something happens on your desktop. such as your virus program updating -_-;;

TheyCallMeJoe
Jul 2, 2006, 09:05 PM
Well I think it's good that Sega is stepping up the anti-cheat...if the window mode is available than it's doubtful that activity on your desktop will crash it (as Inazuma said) because you can just click out of it without having to minimize. But it does get pretty damn annoying when you'r playing a game and it minimizes from desktop activity -_-. In Diablo the Alt key was used to view all items on the ground, and it was also conveniently positioned next to the Windows key. Needless to say, my frantically moving fingers would always minimize the game.

ajenteks
Jul 2, 2006, 09:32 PM
On 2006-07-02 19:05, TheyCallMeJoe wrote:

In Diablo the Alt key was used to view all items on the ground, and it was also conveniently positioned next to the Windows key. Needless to say, my frantically moving fingers would always minimize the game.

There's a nifty little regedit hack that you can google to disable your pesky windows key. My WoW skills appeared to improve dramatically to all people who ever observed me, but I was just spending much less time on my desktop cursing.

Sappharad
Jul 3, 2006, 01:22 PM
In the closed beta, Alt-Tab caused the game to close in Full-Screen mode.