PDA

View Full Version : Theories on the "Unobtainable"

MadHatter
Jul 4, 2006, 06:38 AM
I am, of course, referring to the Parasitice Gene and Red Ring. Now, before you write this off as another "n00b" desprate to gain ridiculous power, here is a bit about me:

1) I could care less about Dark Flow. I have used a hacked version, and frankly I find it to be a stupid weapon. ONE swing? Not worth my time. Except as a trophy.

2) I am a pure legit hunter (Aside from trying on Dark Flow), and I refuse to hack for ANY item. I have been tempted, but I prefer to earn my status.

Now, on to the meat of the topic...

My theory is quite simple. According to some sources, Sonic Team reduced the drop rate of Parasitic Gene and Red Ring to zero. However, the items can still be hacked. Now, logic would say that if they really wanted to destroy all chance of getting one, they would remove the item coding entirely. Even the sprites still remain, and those aren't that difficult to delete. I give Sonic Team a bit more credit than to take a shortcut that lame. Therefore, logic leads to another idea...

If it CAN exist, then one would think it can be obtained. Quite simple, no? I believe that there may be a way, some key event or action, something that nobody has realized, that "unlocks" the drop rate.

Now, again, many of you are not open to this idea and are firmly under the belief that it is impossible. Just remember what we all used to say about the Tsumikiri. And look what happened: Somebody found a way.

If you are interested in reasearching this, then by all means please post. But come with an open mind! Let us share our ideas for the sake of all hunters.

- "Mad Hatter" Xion

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MadHatter on 2006-07-04 04:40 ]</font>

GalaxTheWanderer
Jul 4, 2006, 07:42 AM
Ummm....all I have to say is....NO! IMPOSSIBLE!!! WE WOULD HAVE FIGURED IT OUT BY NOW!!!!!!

Marter
Jul 4, 2006, 08:13 AM
Go view the Game Data. THe drop rates are 0. Other people would of read the quest data for it.
Their is no proof of the item PGF of dropping. It might of been in a quest, but Sega discountined it because the DC-GC servers were no longered plan to link together.
The PGF might have been dropalbe {b}IF{/b} the servers were linked togheter. One of the items in the DC game might of turned into the PGF.

For me, you cannot get the Parasatic Gene Flow with out hacking or using cheats. End of story

Corey
Jul 4, 2006, 08:37 AM
^ cross platform was never considered for gc and dc.

also, sega never activated it (No WELL I FOUND IT ON ORAN ON TEH 1ST DAY BUT THEN THEY DEACTIVTED GOD Y LULZ) but the other server is going to/has.

whiteninja
Jul 4, 2006, 10:08 AM
On 2006-07-04 06:37, Corey wrote:
also, sega never activated it (No WELL I FOUND IT ON ORAN ON TEH 1ST DAY BUT THEN THEY DEACTIVTED GOD Y LULZ) but the other server is going to/has.
How many times must I say this?

The owner of the "other server" has decided to "release" the PGF and RR, though he has not yet done it, or said what the "droprate" is. He plans to have the server calculate a chance at a 1/X rate every time you kill one of the bosses, and if you get it, the server will packet edit the thing to be on the ground. THE BOSS DOES NOT DROP ANYTHING, EVER! IT HAS A DROP ANYTHING RATE OF ZERO! STOP BEING F*CKING N00BS AND ACCEPT IT, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

That being said, if ST did want to release it, it would have been in the same way. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Ryna
Jul 4, 2006, 10:13 AM

Actually, it was (http://www.pso-world.com/article.php?sid=441) considered, but was later dropped.

According from a interview with Yuji Naka, the Dreamcast was only supposed to find eventually 70 v2 rares, but the game had 100. The other 30 were suppost to be GC exclusive, the DC was also supposed to have 30 rares the GC version wouldn't, in attempt to encourage trading between the consoles.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-07-04 08:20 ]</font>

zandra117
Jul 4, 2006, 10:29 AM
I believe that the PGF drop may actually be active in Respective Tomorrow. That is the only reason I can think of for it teleporting you back to town immediately after you fight olga flow and then letting you back down then telling you the system is under maintanence then sending you back to town again.

I think we will have to do something creative to get to the PGF in that quest.

Ryna
Jul 4, 2006, 10:34 AM
On 2006-07-04 08:29, zandra117 wrote:
I believe that the PGF drop may actually be active in Respective Tomorrow. That is the only reason I can think of for it teleporting you back to town immediately after you fight olga flow and then letting you back down then telling you the system is under maintanence then sending you back to town again.

Here is another theory:
In order for the quest triggers to work correctly in Respective Tomorrow, you must teleported directly back to Pioneer 2 to load the next series of events. For some reason, taking the normal warp back does not work.

Without looking at the source for the quest, it is hard to be sure why Sonic Team implemented that design decision.

zandra117
Jul 4, 2006, 10:43 AM
What would happen if a team of 4 people went to the seabeds in respective tomorrow and 3 of them went to fight olga flow while 1 of them stays outside the boss teleporter. When they defeat the boss would the 4th person be able to go through the boss teleporter and then pick up items?

If it was made like that so that it could trigger the next series of events then why is the maintenance message there? Isnt the quest over by then?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-07-04 08:49 ]</font>

Ryna
Jul 4, 2006, 10:46 AM
On 2006-07-04 08:43, zandra117 wrote:
What would happen if a team of 4 people went to the seabeds in respective tomorrow and 3 of them went to fight olga flow while 1 of them stays outside the boss teleporter. When they defeat the boss would the 4th person be able to go through the boss teleporter and then pick up items?

Who knows. Try it and see what happens. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

GrumblyStuff
Jul 4, 2006, 11:13 AM
On 2006-07-04 04:38, MadHatter wrote:
Now, logic would say that if they really wanted to destroy all chance of getting one, they would remove the item coding entirely. Even the sprites still remain, and those aren't that difficult to delete.
Often devs will just leave game data in with no intention of having it accessible in the final game. See GTA's Hot Coffee.

By making the drop anything rate (DAR) zero, they effectively made the chance of getting one zero.

Skorpius
Jul 4, 2006, 11:17 AM
Using the "It's there so it must be true" theory does not work. There are dozens of unreleased items still whole within the code (from Dreamcast) that were never used on PSOGC. Also, for Epiosde 3, nearly 70-80% of Episode 1&2 is still within the coding, including armors, areas, NPC's, and actual equippable items.

sum182
Jul 4, 2006, 11:22 AM
I personally think that, like Ryna said, it was suppoesed to be obtainable through the DC version because of the item called " Special Gene 'Flou' ". I believe that item was supposed to be able to be turned into the Paracitic Gene 'Flow' after a series of items were used on it or something.

Again, just another theory.

MadHatter
Jul 4, 2006, 05:04 PM
*Sigh*...

Enough with the n00b taunts...Those who do not want to accept the chance of discovery, please leave. As for those who acctually are making an effort to solve this, thank you. This is RESEARCH! Don't say everything has been tried, because it hasn't.

Now, I don't play online and thus do not have access to certain quests. So I ask those of you interested to please try your theories. I canonly stand aside and watch. But, I would be happy if I could simply see this mystery solved.

And...If ST was willing to go through the trouble of editing almost every other item in PSO for the GC release, then why be so lazy with PGF and RR? I'm not saying the IS a way, just that there is a strong possibility.

Again, thanks to the supporters of this project. Continue testing these theories, you may make history.

Skorpius
Jul 4, 2006, 05:13 PM
Don't insult those who know more than you.

VioletSkye
Jul 4, 2006, 05:37 PM
Check my new sig!!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Ryna
Jul 4, 2006, 05:50 PM
Guys, let's avoid taunting the OP. If he wants to try out different theories and ask people for ideas, that is his prerogative. If an idea comes up that you disagree with, reply to it with facts, not opinions.

VioletSkye
Jul 4, 2006, 06:26 PM
To the OP. Not sure if you are aware of this, but companies leave game data in games ALL THE TIME, that later is never used in the final release. Just because it's there does NOT mean it was meant to be used and has nothing to do with being lazy or irresponsible.

That said, I'm not saying for a fact that those items weren't ever going to be available, but just because the game data is left in the game doesn't mean that it was meant to be available. Anyway, I think the hostility you sense in others is because most older members are extremely tired of these constant theory threads that go nowhere and prove nothing and only incite anger and flaming.

Instead of posting threads about theories, maybe it would be best to test things yourself and if you find something that miraculously works, THEN post a thread about it. Otherwise, it's just another dime a dozen theory thread (like the 4 billion before it) with nothing new to offer and of benefit to no one. Just a suggestion.

Corey
Jul 4, 2006, 07:43 PM
On 2006-07-04 08:13, Ryna wrote:

Actually, it was (http://www.pso-world.com/article.php?sid=441) considered, but was later dropped.

According from a interview with Yuji Naka, the Dreamcast was only supposed to find eventually 70 v2 rares, but the game had 100. The other 30 were suppost to be GC exclusive, the DC was also supposed to have 30 rares the GC version wouldn't, in attempt to encourage trading between the consoles.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-07-04 08:20 ]</font>

I'm calling BS on that Interview. Think about this.
GC and DC wouldn't of just magically decided to go work together. As it is, on the other server, it's buggy as fuck. Also, SEGA and Nintendo were still against eachother as of then, so it would be a bad buisness move. There's more BS in this I could point out, but I'm not really gonna go into it.

zandra117
Jul 4, 2006, 09:22 PM
Another thing we know is that unreleased items are banned from use online. However the Parasitic Gene Flow and Red Ring are not banned. I wonder why?

Saiffy
Jul 4, 2006, 09:48 PM
On 2006-07-04 19:22, zandra117 wrote:
Another thing we know is that unreleased items are banned from use online. However the Parasitic Gene Flow and Red Ring are not banned. I wonder why?

The ???? item isn't banned online, so if you argue that because it isn't banned it is obtainable, then you must find some way for ???? to be obtainable.

To those who don't know, people often call the white saber ????, but it can be any item, and not just a white saber(Although it will appear as a saber no matter what the weapon type it actually is)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/saiffPSO/Ep1_2/zomgs/snapshot_021005_143042.png

Corey
Jul 4, 2006, 09:55 PM
all ???? are images unassigned real images imo

In psopc they are entirely matrix (see the saber's handle on that picture) now they havea white photon on most , although some are still entirely matrix (I think rifles are) still.

???? is, in all likely hood, an incomplete item.

Skorpius
Jul 4, 2006, 10:32 PM
It's hex that's within an item field (either tool, weapon, armor, mag, etc) but has no actual entity.

For example, this is what happens when you hex up mag, but use hex that has no entity to it. The numbers are within the mag fields, but there is no assigned item.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/Snapshots/Glitches%20and%20Hacks/monomate1.png http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/Snapshots/Glitches%20and%20Hacks/geeunit.png

"Invalid Entity" would probably be the most accurate term.

MadHatter
Jul 4, 2006, 10:32 PM
On 2006-07-04 19:55, Corey wrote:
all ???? are images unassigned real images imo

In psopc they are entirely matrix (see the saber's handle on that picture) now they havea white photon on most , although some are still entirely matrix (I think rifles are) still.

???? is, in all likely hood, an incomplete item.

Now this makes sense, on a programming level. One could easily hack and reprogram a game to create a new item based on an existing sprite. The saber sprite is the same for green to gold to S-Rank level. Therefore, it would have modular properties. In laymans terms, the color of the base sprite is white, and color is applied by seperate code. So, obtaining a "blank" makes sense.

However, the DF and RR sprites are very unique. Remember: ST edited such items as the DB Saber, for example, from basic and bland to detailed and unique. Therefore, ST did alot of work on sprites, so why leave PGF and RR properties untouched? There must be a reason.

Instead of posting threads about theories, maybe it would be best to test things yourself and if you find something that miraculously works, THEN post a thread about it. Otherwise, it's just another dime a dozen theory thread (like the 4 billion before it) with nothing new to offer and of benefit to no one. Just a suggestion.

I know, you must see this as a waste of time. I know there have been countless threads like this. But my "If it can, it must be" theory is just that: a theory. I don't have the ability to test anything on my own, as I cannot afford to play online. But while this may "benefit no one", it also causes no harm. After so long of the same old PSO, why not inspire a little adventure? Isn't this supposed to be fun? It IS just a game, after all. If you prefer to accept the same old thing and continue on the same old path, feel free. It is your choice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MadHatter on 2006-07-04 20:44 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MadHatter on 2006-07-04 20:45 ]</font>

TheyCallMeJoe
Jul 4, 2006, 10:42 PM
While I myself would love to see a way to legitally obtain PGF and the Red Ring, I think that as of now no such methods exist. It does seem rather vague on whether or not the items were left in the game code intentionally or not, but there's really no point debating that because we will never know. Despite the fact that there is a very bleak outlook on discovering new methods to unlock the PGF and Red Ring, I would be one of those people looking to find out how to do it. You can always hope, right?

P.S. If you don't think that the PGF or Red Ring are droppable, than don't waste your time flaming MadHatter or anyone else who supports the possibilty of legit versions of those items. They are here to discuss methods of obtaining the PGF/Red Ring through legit means...and if that's not what you intend to do, than this thread is evidentally not for you and you should leave.

MadHatter
Jul 4, 2006, 10:46 PM
TheyCallMeJoe, thank you. You've summed it up quite nicely.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MadHatter on 2006-07-04 20:46 ]</font>

Saiffy
Jul 4, 2006, 11:12 PM
Pointing out facts isn't flaming.

zandra117
Jul 5, 2006, 12:09 AM
On 2006-07-04 19:48, Saiffy wrote:

On 2006-07-04 19:22, zandra117 wrote:

The ???? item isn't banned online, so if you argue that because it isn't banned it is obtainable, then you must find some way for ???? to be obtainable.

???? is a different story. You have to be a hacker to equip it. If someone gives you a ???? item you can't equip it at all no matter what class you are.
I think ???? may be a glitch item in the game similar to missingno in the pokemon games.

Corey
Jul 5, 2006, 07:50 AM
That kinda made me chuckle, but you don't "need" to be a hacker to equip the ????. It depends on what kind you try to equip.
Skorpous made a good point, so I'm led to believe that ???? could be both. On PsoBB, there are 2 armors that are made into ???? that are not outside of the hex group (as in there are armors after them) while going past the group, makes unequippable Knight/Powers which are frames with messed up stats.

Note that the ???? Mags on PsoBB are no longer matrix mags, at least not the monomate mag. They create an unused mag sprite, which is presumably an incomplete yahoo. Monomate turns into a regular mag, while the two others are MAG0501 and MAG0502, while the other group turns into a regular mag as far as I know.

metatime
Jul 5, 2006, 10:34 AM
If you guys truly want to know why the item exist you will have to get it from the horses mouth. Speculating on 3 years old data that had been analyze isn't going to get you anywhere.

You can only speculate for so long before you hit a wall and that wall have been hit for a long time.

Corey
Jul 5, 2006, 10:55 AM

You don't ask Sonic Team, as they don't respond with anything useful, and much less asking them about hacked material. .

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Corey on 2006-07-07 12:30 ]</font>

zwandude15
Jul 5, 2006, 11:39 AM
What's the email address? So i can send a freakin email and just ask?

I know people have faked emails from ST, but now I'm like, tired of this, and I'm willing to give you all my email password so you can read the thing from them, so we can settle this already.

If this has already been done, i'd like a link, for clarification. Because maybe we could sticky proof if I happen to get some...

Corey
Jul 5, 2006, 11:46 AM
The proof has already been stated. And sticky'd.
Game data doesn't lie. It doesn't change on its own, either.

DAR= 0.

zandra117
Jul 5, 2006, 12:33 PM
On 2006-07-05 05:50, Corey wrote:
That kinda made me chuckle, but you don't "need" to be a hacker to equip the ????. It depends on what kind you try to equip.
Skorpous made a good point, so I'm led to believe that ???? could be both. On PsoBB, there are 2 armors that are made into ???? that are not outside of the hex group (as in there are armors after them) while going past the group, makes unequippable Knight/Powers which are frames with messed up stats.
Im guessing that that the mag slot item in GC and Xbox (al rappy) is kind of like the knight/power frame.

You cannot equip any of the ???? items on pso xbox without being hacked.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-07-05 10:43 ]</font>

Corey
Jul 5, 2006, 02:15 PM
no

knight/power frame makes you have negative resists, thats about it

and you can't do it like the al rappy trick either

zandra117
Jul 6, 2006, 07:05 PM
I didnt mean that al rappy slots are similar to knight/power frames by stats, I meant they are similar in the way that they came to existence.

Corey
Jul 6, 2006, 08:32 PM
mmmm...I don't know about Al Rappy. On BB they're called Pal Rappy though...that's the only difference I can think of changing from GC/XB to BB.

Derek0660
Jul 6, 2006, 11:26 PM
i have heard a rumor that if you kill ogla flow with the final kill required to unseal the SJS it enables the drop rate for just that time.
*just a rumor*

whiteninja
Jul 6, 2006, 11:32 PM
On 2006-07-06 21:26, Derek0660 wrote:
*just a rumor*
Exactly. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

zandra117
Jul 6, 2006, 11:48 PM
On 2006-07-06 18:32, Corey wrote:
mmmm...I don't know about Al Rappy. On BB they're called Pal Rappy though...that's the only difference I can think of changing from GC/XB to BB.

you know im talking about the al rappy item, not the monster.

Corey
Jul 6, 2006, 11:50 PM
uhm.. duh. Give me a little more credit then that.

MadHatter
Jul 7, 2006, 03:10 AM
On 2006-07-06 21:26, Derek0660 wrote:
i have heard a rumor that if you kill ogla flow with the final kill required to unseal the SJS it enables the drop rate for just that time.
*just a rumor*

A bit *too* far-fetched, definitely just a rumor. From what I've heard, using a Red Weapon used to cause the frop in DC. I think that's still a factor, but there must be something else. Something a little more feasable, but obscure. My thought is that the "unlocking" of the drop rate is buried in one or more quests, much like making an Oriagito.

LeonFlowenX
Jul 7, 2006, 05:11 AM
I know myself that the Red Ring and the Gene Flow are un-obtainable legitly, but I see where MadHatter is coming from...

Even though PSO is "dead", theres something about it that makes you always come back for more...

Looking for the Gene Flow and Red Ring are somehow fun even though you realize they can't be found...

This isn't scarcasm... Finding something no one else has found would cause me to faint... won't happen though... but the thought of it... o.O

I can't explain this... lmao. Everyone just chill though... let people have their fun...

Its been said it can't be found, and I believe it... But man... its not a forum rule yet not to speak of the Red Ring and Gene Flow http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LeonFlowenX on 2006-07-07 03:13 ]</font>

metatime
Jul 7, 2006, 11:07 AM
On 2006-07-07 08:54, metatime wrote:
[quote]
On 2006-07-05 08:55, Corey wrote:

You don't ask Sonic Team, as they don't respond with anything useful, and much less asking them about hacked material.

Of course you can't ask Sonic Team but in the end they are the only people to ask.

On 2006-07-05 08:55, Corey wrote:
You do not know what you are talking about by the way, no one has hit a wall about the ???? items.

Do you mind clearing this statement up? I wasn't talking about the ???? items. I was trying to respond to the first couple of posts but the subject changed in the middle of the topic.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: metatime on 2006-07-07 09:10 ]</font>

Corey
Jul 7, 2006, 02:29 PM
oh, my bad. I'll edit it out then.

metatime
Jul 7, 2006, 02:53 PM
No it is ok, I just wanted to make myself clear. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

MadHatter
Jul 9, 2006, 07:11 AM
On 2006-07-07 03:11, LeonFlowenX wrote:
I know myself that the Red Ring and the Gene Flow are un-obtainable legitly, but I see where MadHatter is coming from...

Even though PSO is "dead", theres something about it that makes you always come back for more...

Looking for the Gene Flow and Red Ring are somehow fun even though you realize they can't be found...

Exactly my point! I realize I'm chasing dream that will most likely never be achieved. I'm sure we all feel that way. But fer cryin' out loud let's have ourselves an adventure! I play PSO all the time only to do the same thing over and over. I mean, I still don't have a Lavis or many other things I want, but I know I can get them. It's pretty much set in stone. But the PGF or RR...There lies true adventure. Even if you never find it, the journey is what makes it all worthwhile.

Lord_Kratos
Jul 16, 2006, 03:29 PM
what if theres a way to "reset the drop rate" if u will by doing certain things. the drop rate is set to zero, it data black and white but what if it czn be "reset" if u will by doing certain events. just a theory.

Marter
Jul 16, 2006, 06:12 PM
Yep, it can be reset using AR.

Is that what you mean Kratos?

Insainity1111
Jul 16, 2006, 09:00 PM
I have one thing to say about the red ring if it is unobtainable why would they show it spinning in the credits whenever you beat dark faltz offline singleplayer?

Corey
Jul 16, 2006, 09:07 PM
Because Red Ring Rico wears it.

Insainity1111
Jul 16, 2006, 09:17 PM
That just doesnt seem like enough

Saiffy
Jul 16, 2006, 09:45 PM
You must do a series of events to let your character move around during the credits, and you can pick up the ring. People know this from hacking their game to move around, but no one knows how to do it legitly.

There, go do that for forever.

Corey
Jul 16, 2006, 10:18 PM
Saiffy... We should like, Sticky that mods.

Lord_Kratos
Jul 17, 2006, 12:06 PM
thats a good idea!

Nuclearranger
Jul 17, 2006, 10:45 PM
Just a thought why hasnt the Red ring and PGF been banned?

Marter
Jul 18, 2006, 07:19 AM
Because Sega is way too lazy to make a coding to ban it. It is just some Kilobytes of data needed. (Or Megabyte...)

LeonFlowenX
Jul 18, 2006, 11:03 AM
But in order for the Red Ring and Parasetic Gene Flow not to have been banned, this means that they WERE obtainable legitly. This is because the banned items are set by the server when the game was released; ELENOR, Proof of Sonic Team, etc. Banned because no one could have gotten them legitly. Black Ring was banned, but then un-banned when the quest was released.

So, if the Red Ring and Gene Flow were legit, they won't ban them now as that would be unfair.

MEANING; Someone DID find these items. On PSOGC Episode I&II. At SOME TIME. Even if it was just a bug in the game they found later on. Thats why it wasn't on the banned items list; never will be.

Edit: IDK if its banned on BB or not; I don't play BB. I'll worry about that later. If its not banned on BB; we can go on THERE IS a way to find it...

Or actually...

http://sost.emulationzone.org/sonic_2/interview/yujizero.htm

GameSpy: "OK, off topic, but this came to mind when we were talking about the Hidden Palace Zone ... there are entire fansites out there devoted to hacking Sonic games and finding all the things Sonic Team was working on, but never used in the finished product. What do you think of this?"

"Naka: Wow, people do that? I didn't know. I guess I am pretty surprised at the level of dedication of fans on the Internet. But how do I say this ... there is a bit of a problem. I mean, I am glad that people really, really like the games, but if it gets to the point where they are engaging in activities that can hurt us or Sega in some way, that's not good at all. Like, way back when we had a beta ROM of Sonic 2 that was stolen by someone. That one even had the Hidden Palace in it."

Skip the fact Yuji Naka is a clueless duck, Sonic Team is corrupt and doesn't care. Maybe they were expecting us to h4x tht ring lollol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LeonFlowenX on 2006-07-18 09:08 ]</font>

The-King
Jul 18, 2006, 04:38 PM
On 2006-07-16 19:45, Saiffy wrote:
You must do a series of events to let your character move around during the credits, and you can pick up the ring. People know this from hacking their game to move around, but no one knows how to do it legitly.

There, go do that for forever.

Maybe, you have to do every single mission in every difficulty mode, online and offline, does that sound like it would work, because I know that there must be one person thats actually completed them all, instead of just stopping at hard mode and doing the good ones for money later on?

Lord_Kratos
Jul 19, 2006, 07:58 AM
im sry for getting off topic like this but i have an important question when it comes to beating quests. a school friend of mine claims that if you beat EVERY ultimate mode quest you get "easy mode". is this true cus i doubt it. its were the monsters give alot of rares. alot of experience. easyto beat. he claims you could take it on with a lv. 10 and beat the ruins no prob. id like to debunk it please

VioletSkye
Jul 19, 2006, 11:18 AM
On 2006-07-19 05:58, Lord_Kratos wrote:
im sry for getting off topic like this but i have an important question when it comes to beating quests. a school friend of mine claims that if you beat EVERY ultimate mode quest you get "easy mode". is this true cus i doubt it. its were the monsters give alot of rares. alot of experience. easyto beat. he claims you could take it on with a lv. 10 and beat the ruins no prob. id like to debunk it please

Your friend is just messing with you. There is no Easy mode.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2006-07-19 09:19 ]</font>

Lord_Kratos
Jul 19, 2006, 12:55 PM
k thanx

Xygote
Jul 19, 2006, 08:22 PM
I've been reading about this and had some kind of theory as far as this goes. Do you happen to notice when you beat Flow where the Flow sword actually lands? A few days ago I beat Flow and was fairly close to where the sword landed. Maybe....

Corey
Jul 19, 2006, 08:28 PM
Yeah. It's a DARK FLOW with the aura turned off by the game.

Saiffy
Jul 20, 2006, 12:41 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=90122&forum=4

lol?

Bozl1n
Jul 30, 2006, 03:34 AM
Just a thought why hasnt the Red ring and PGF been banned?

Because Sega is way too lazy to make a coding to ban it. It is just some Kilobytes of data needed. (Or Megabyte...)

But odd that they did find the time to completly and totaly remove all trace of elinor within the bb code??

Dosnt that seem a tad strange?

Corey
Jul 30, 2006, 04:59 AM
They can't remove Elenor from GC. Elenor existed at one point on BB as to where it was removed with a patch.
Red Ring and Dark Flow are still there, and ST can be odd like that.

Lord_Kratos
Jul 30, 2006, 07:21 PM
On 2006-07-19 18:22, Xygote wrote:
I've been reading about this and had some kind of theory as far as this goes. Do you happen to notice when you beat Flow where the Flow sword actually lands? A few days ago I beat Flow and was fairly close to where the sword landed. Maybe....

I was thinkin that too. My character was in normal and i beat the ruins for the fun. when falz "dropped" teh red ring or when it flew into the air my character was close. so im gonna play over and over until it hits my char. what happens if it does hit ur char. or if ya drop a special item and the ring hits it. does the item turn to the red ring

Bozl1n
Jul 31, 2006, 01:18 AM
They can't remove Elenor from GC. Elenor existed at one point on BB as to where it was removed with a patch.
Red Ring and Dark Flow are still there, and ST can be odd like that.

Yea i know its not possable to remove it from gc.

Elinor did indeed exist on bb, they delibrately patched it out as you said.

The 3 most talked about items are, imo in this order,

red ring
flow
elinor

out of the 3 they remove elinor, something that generates a lot less intrest than the other 2?

im not a programmer, but i one think that its just as easy to remove 3 items as it is to remove 1 and actully far more easy to just ban all 3.

It could also lend to the idea that once at some point the ring and gene were obtainable, as it would be unfair to remove items peeps could of got, elinor might have been the only impossable item of the 3?

personaly i think elinor was a gm mag or tool that was never implimented.

as to the other 2 i think sega would have patched them out to if they were never intended to see the light of day.

as you said the old gc code is fixed, its never gonna change on the cube, bb is where you need to be looking as to if they decide to make them avalible.

i for 1 hope they do make the gene drop at some point, not because i want the weapon, but cos i wana see rico after falz.......

Corey
Jul 31, 2006, 02:20 AM
GM mag? Its a mag used in the story line. ELENOR had to use it at some point, and they must of thought of a way to remove it while ELENOR retained it in BB. They were never obtainable or more then 1 person would of found it. Also, Flow items suck. RR is broken, but they could of fixed it if they wanted to. ELENOR mag could of been obtainable if desired also, as nothing is really wrong with it statwise.

A BLUE RING from DC still exists within BBs coding. Along with many other incorrect rings. They haven't been removed.

Theory=wrong.

Konstanse_Xx
Jul 31, 2006, 09:10 AM
o.o
RR is broken? Do you mean the description of it or is there summet else that is messed up about it?
Btw yeah sorry if this question has been asked and answered already. n_n;;

Corey
Jul 31, 2006, 11:49 AM
By broken I mean it is completely and utterly over poweful for the level requirement.

Although there are probably broken items I can't think of that are out too.

OneandtheSame
Jul 31, 2006, 06:48 PM
On 2006-07-30 17:21, Lord_Kratos wrote:

On 2006-07-19 18:22, Xygote wrote:

I was thinkin that too. My character was in normal and i beat the ruins for the fun. when falz "dropped" teh red ring or when it flew into the air my character was close. so im gonna play over and over until it hits my char. what happens if it does hit ur char. or if ya drop a special item and the ring hits it. does the item turn to the red ring

It won't work.

a.) Lets use logic for a second. How many times has Olga Flow been killed over the years on Ultimate? Hudreds of thousands? Millions? It's foolish to think that no-one has ever been right where the sword dropped when Ultimate Olga died. If your theory were true, it would have been proved to be true a long, long time ago.

b.) Any other item in the game that can be combined with another item, has to be initiated by the player. The fact that there is a special box where the Sword Lands won't effect it. It's just not in the programming for it to happen that way.

If it ever becomes legit, it will be because Sega increased Olga Flows drop anything rate from 0%.

Lord_Kratos
Jul 31, 2006, 07:50 PM
hmm well someones testy. what im trying to say is what if..... gees theres always room open to hope. im not expectuing it to work im just saying what if. gees

OneandtheSame
Jul 31, 2006, 08:00 PM
On 2006-07-31 17:50, Lord_Kratos wrote:
hmm well someones testy. what im trying to say is what if..... gees theres always room open to hope. im not expectuing it to work im just saying what if. gees

Sorry to crush your dreams, but there is no 'hope' stat in PSO. Only drop rates. The game will not respond to your persistence. Whether you want to keep on trying is your perogative, but your time would be much better spent searching for weapons that you can actually find.

LeonFlowenX
Aug 1, 2006, 12:40 AM
The Gene Flow and Red Ring ARE legit on the private servers now by the way >_>

So like... if they use the Official Sega servers too...
I guess you can't really say that the Gene Flow and/or Red Ring someone has is a hack or dupe now... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LeonFlowenX on 2006-07-31 22:43 ]</font>

Corey
Aug 1, 2006, 02:17 AM
On 2006-07-31 22:40, LeonFlowenX wrote:

I guess you can't really say that the Gene Flow and/or Red Ring someone has is a hack or dupe now... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LeonFlowenX on 2006-07-31 22:43 ]</font>

Red Ring isnt out on private servers.

OneandtheSame
Aug 1, 2006, 05:59 AM
On 2006-07-31 22:40, LeonFlowenX wrote:

It's not an actual drop, they edited it make the red ring and the parasitic gene flow sort of appear sometimes.

When the Sega Servers close down, then whatever the private servers says is legit, is legit. After all, who will be there to say otherwise?

Corey
Aug 1, 2006, 06:12 AM
It is impossible to "enable" the drop, so its as good as it gets.

Konstanse_Xx
Aug 1, 2006, 06:24 AM
Parasitic Gene Flow is out on Private Servers? O.o News to me XD, but yeah..I agree, although someone told me a few weeks back "Heeey, then enabled the drops for them both!!!" I was like O.o I doubt it. >.> I proved myself right somewhat soooooo <.<; -feels smart-

Sorry about that ._.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Konstanse_Xx on 2006-08-01 08:54 ]</font>

Lord_Kratos
Aug 1, 2006, 10:43 AM
yes but you can dream as much as u like. im not expecting the red ring to be found. i dont think its possible to find without the assisstance of the AR. but anyways i still hope that one day..... but its not gonna happen so just refraim from crushing peoples dreams. i dont try to look for the red ring. instead i'm looking for the yasha and the........*cough sealed j sword

luninja
Aug 3, 2006, 04:11 PM
Try my forum "Parasitic Gene and Red Ring". Look for my plan of getting it. If this works, reply.

OneandtheSame
Aug 3, 2006, 09:06 PM
On 2006-08-03 14:11, luninja wrote:
Try my forum "Parasitic Gene and Red Ring". Look for my plan of getting it. If this works, reply.

*pre-emptive strike*

Nope. It doesn't work.

Lord_Kratos
Aug 7, 2006, 08:38 AM
nice well we established on that thread already so no need to say much more

I found this i though it was a good explanation maybe. "Question: If you can't find those items why aren't they banned online?
Answer: Good question. They should be banned. I think Sonic Team forgot to ban them (this has happened with other items) and then they got hacked into the game and now everyone has them and if Sonic Team banned them 90% of players would be banned. Also I think the Red Ring has an error: the required level to equip it is 108; it should be 180 and because of this Sonic Team will probably never officially release this item. But this game isn't done yet. There are still other unreleased items so maybe these two are also in our future *crosses fingers*."

Yes i already put it on Skorpius's sticky.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lord_Kratos on 2006-08-07 17:03 ]</font>

zakami
Aug 7, 2006, 08:41 PM
when will the glitch in cat ears be fixed?

Lord_Kratos
Aug 7, 2006, 08:44 PM
dont know i dont play online and have never experienc3d that glitch

zakami
Aug 7, 2006, 08:44 PM
how many pc can you dupe without stacking?

zakami
Aug 7, 2006, 08:45 PM
pcs*

zakami
Aug 7, 2006, 08:58 PM
what do photon sphere's do?

Ryna
Aug 7, 2006, 09:20 PM
On 2006-08-07 18:44, zakami wrote:
how many pc can you dupe without stacking?

Photon Crystals are a BB item. If you are referring to Photon Spheres, you can have up to 99 of them in your inventory at one time.

Anyways, your questions are off-topic for this thread. If you have other questions, please create a new one.

OneandtheSame
Aug 8, 2006, 06:03 AM
On 2006-08-07 18:45, zakami wrote:
pcs*

There's an edit button at the bottom of every post. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Just so you know.

Lord_Kratos
Aug 8, 2006, 06:13 PM
wow mad hatter hasnt been on nmuch eh?

PSOX_Amigo
Aug 10, 2006, 10:41 AM
All this gave me a idea like in ep 1 u do sertin things in setin quests to get the soul eater right? ya so maybe in ep2 online quests u have to do somethin to get the PGF drop rate on

OneandtheSame
Aug 10, 2006, 11:42 AM
On 2006-08-10 08:41, PSOX_Amigo wrote:
All this gave me a idea like in ep 1 u do sertin things in setin quests to get the soul eater right? ya so maybe in ep2 online quests u have to do somethin to get the PGF drop rate on

Nope. That string of events causes you to receive the Soul Eater, not have an enemy drop it.

PGF is an Olga Flow drop, however his drop anything rate is set to 0. If you could get it, which you can't, then that would be the way. Sega might have had plans at some point to activate Olga's drop rate, say, in a quest or something. But it will probably never happen now.

Lord_Kratos
Aug 10, 2006, 12:07 PM
it probably wont but heh we can all do without a weapon that cant combo. Spend your time searching for the PGF and instead look for the SJS and unseal it.

LiqourSiCC
Aug 10, 2006, 06:34 PM
i dont think you guys know anything.. where does it say the drop rate?

Lord_Kratos
Aug 10, 2006, 07:04 PM
so ya know the drop ratwe is set to zero. 0% is the drop rate setting for Falz and Olga meaning the item there suposed to drop cant be dropped. if that was yur question.

iknowimastud
Aug 10, 2006, 07:22 PM
wow dude you went way da vinchi code on us. maybe they were just too lazy to delete the whole thing?

Lord_Kratos
Aug 10, 2006, 07:26 PM
probably i mean it is ST! ^-^

iknowimastud
Aug 10, 2006, 07:34 PM
im just saying everybody has had a bad day at work. oh and how do you unseal the sjs?

Lord_Kratos
Aug 10, 2006, 07:36 PM
you kill 23,000 enemies wityh it
there should be a kill counter underneath the percentages
at least i believe thatss the right number ive heard it can take more or less but thats the estimate so id go with it

iknowimastud
Aug 10, 2006, 07:39 PM
thats cool maybe i will work on that once i have enough time to find it. so what happens when you unseal it?

LiqourSiCC
Aug 10, 2006, 08:25 PM
i think if it is possible to find the ring and pgf then the only way you could get it is by getting a special id... yadidimean?! probably by beating the whole game and side missions in ultimate as a redria or whitell and then somehow youll get a clue on how to name your character to get the special id which can get the ring and pgf by using a special weapon.. i think my idea was the best so far

Lord_Kratos
Aug 10, 2006, 08:52 PM
sry the drop rate is zero. St probably had plans to do some quest as alot of ppl say but they may never. It just cant be found legitly. Their drop rate is set to zero so they dont drop anything and thats the only way to get them. They're impossible and thats that. but if you'd like to try and prove me wrong go ahead and be my guest. but i have a question for you. dont you think there have been ppl that have done what you said and not gotten one.

o and to iknowimastud a Skyly can only find it. you get it from a gi-gue a mini boss if you will in the control center areas and your chances are about 1/12300 and you see the monster once every time you play there. now missions online yeild the monster more so play online if you want to have better chances. when its unsealed its the Tsumikari-J Sword. one of the best weapons in the game in some ppl's eyes and its special is a PB-Meter wave special meaning how much PB you have the better the special is. you can read more if ya look the weapon up.

LiqourSiCC
Aug 10, 2006, 09:02 PM
okay then the only way you can get it is for the last thing you kill to be a rappy before you fight any of the bosses unless you see the rappy in the boss level.. if thats possible then anything is possible.. im just yankin ya http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

iknowimastud
Aug 10, 2006, 09:46 PM
On 2006-08-10 19:02, LiqourSiCC wrote:
okay then the only way you can get it is for the last thing you kill to be a rappy before you fight any of the bosses unless you see the rappy in the boss level.. if thats possible then anything is possible.. im just yankin ya http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

wow thats fan-freaking-tastic. thats prolly the best one so far that they have came up with. and it actually sounds like something sega team would do.

Lord_Kratos
Aug 10, 2006, 10:11 PM
yah!
i wish ya could get those items
the flow sounds cool and the red ring of course!

iknowimastud
Aug 10, 2006, 11:58 PM
well i have a dark bridge but i dident hack for it some dude gave it to me lol

LiqourSiCC
Aug 11, 2006, 12:39 PM
hehehe im happy now!! thanks for liking my idea =)

whocares111
Aug 11, 2006, 12:44 PM
On 2006-08-10 21:58, iknowimastud wrote:
well i have a dark bridge but i dident hack for it some dude gave it to me lol

That means it's hacked.

iknowimastud
Aug 11, 2006, 10:59 PM
but i dident hack it so im still a stud...see the nickname

whocares111
Aug 11, 2006, 11:18 PM
Your nickname hardly proves you're a stud. Also, by the fact that you can't spell DIDN'T, it furthers the notion that you are not a stud.

And a hack is a hack, whether you hacked it or not.

iknowimastud
Aug 11, 2006, 11:36 PM
wow sure enough i did spell that wrong..way to correct spelling. and it would be hard to say im not a stud since you don't know who i am.

whocares111
Aug 11, 2006, 11:39 PM
Lol. You're not worth my time. You're trying to tell someone over the internet that you're a stud. Surely that must prove that you are not. Either way, I'm not going to spam this topic any more.

iknowimastud
Aug 11, 2006, 11:51 PM
good for you, has the people on this thread tried emailing sega and asking? and does anyone know why they made the drop rate zero in the first place?

KratosAurion
Aug 12, 2006, 02:33 AM
TO make people like you ask questions...many people have E-mailed ST...

Corey
Aug 12, 2006, 06:31 AM
On 2006-08-11 21:18, whocares111 wrote:
Your nickname hardly proves you're a stud. Also, by the fact that you can't spell DIDN'T, it furthers the notion that you are not a stud.

And a hack is a hack, whether you hacked it or not.

looks like you're trying to flame someone here for no reason buddy, and thats -10 respect for you.
just cause he says hes a stud doesn't mean he is, but hey, he could be, but then again...who cares?
also, he didn't say it wasn't a hack, he said he didn't hack it.

internet.

serious buisness.

OneandtheSame
Aug 13, 2006, 08:16 PM
Seriously people, lets be real for a second...
I think you can be reasonably sure that nobody on these forums qualifies as a stud...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

His name is more than likely meant as a joke anyway, so don't get so mad for no reason.

And Corey's right btw... Insulting Stud personally because you don't like the fact that he has a hacked weapon is not cool. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Not cool at all. If you don't like it, tough. It really isn't that big a deal.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Animeloser on 2006-08-13 18:27 ]</font>

whocares111
Aug 13, 2006, 10:09 PM
I never said I didn't like him for having a hacked weapon. I merely stated that a hacked weapon is a hacked weapon. Go back through my posts and tell me where I insulted him for having hacked weapons. I'm quite sure you'll find that there isn't such a case.

OneandtheSame
Aug 13, 2006, 10:17 PM
Read Corey's post. I refuse to get into an arguement with you.

KratosAurion
Aug 14, 2006, 12:05 AM
On 2006-08-13 20:09, whocares111 wrote:
I never said I didn't like him for having a hacked weapon. I merely stated that a hacked weapon is a hacked weapon. Go back through my posts and tell me where I insuelted him for having hacked weapons. I'm quite sure you'll find that there isn't such a case.

You were just going after his username. Which matters why? Either way that's not the point. Can this thing please get back on topic?

OneandtheSame
Aug 14, 2006, 01:32 PM
On 2006-08-13 22:05, KratosAurion wrote:

On 2006-08-13 20:09, whocares111 wrote:
I never said I didn't like him for having a hacked weapon. I merely stated that a hacked weapon is a hacked weapon. Go back through my posts and tell me where I insuelted him for having hacked weapons. I'm quite sure you'll find that there isn't such a case.

You were just going after his username. Which matters why? Either way that's not the point. Can this thing please get back on topic?

Yes, good idea. Let's get back on topic.

We just need someone to post a theory, so he/she can be laughed at, feeding the endless cycle that is this thread. I guess I'll start...

I THINK THAT THE PGF IS IN The HIlDEBAER Stomch lik in thr lional ques!!!1111!one!1111! If u do SuE AND BERNEY THING YOU GET THE PGf because The Hildbear is actually Oga Flo in disguys and also Bue and SERNEY KNOW HIM PERSONALLY BECAuse Cal is OLga FLOW too!!11one111!1!11!!1

Anyone care to pick apart my indisputable logic?

whocares111
Aug 14, 2006, 01:43 PM
I'm quite sure your logic is infallible. That's the greatest idea I've ever heard of.

By the way, doesn't JP Blue Burst have Falz/Flow drops now? I've heard of people finding meseta and things of the sort.

OneandtheSame
Aug 14, 2006, 02:02 PM
On 2006-08-14 11:43, whocares111 wrote:
I'm quite sure your logic is infallible. That's the greatest idea I've ever heard of.

By the way, doesn't JP Blue Burst have Falz/Flow drops now? I've heard of people finding meseta and things of the sort.

Yeah, they do. It's entirely possible that you can find Red Ring and PGF on Japanese Blue Burst. It still hasn't been confirmed though. Not that it matters to me, seeing as how ST seems to have forgotten that Gamecube exists. Whatever. It isn't like any of the dark weapons are woth my time, what with their no-combo crappiness.

fay
Aug 14, 2006, 03:44 PM
since i know a little bit about programing i can legitly say this. if they can get rid of 1 item like that but couldnt b botherd to do it with the red ring and flow. then thats ovi not true. they didnt delete it for a reason. ill explane below
if i have to make a stupid example thing of what the code could b like then below

u have ur variable names with the function followd by it with all the coding u need to activate the function in it.
say the function was called red ring. u could have it like this

function RedRing {
RedRing = "!".
if { RedRing >=0 Do 0++1}
else { RedRing == 0}
} // end funtion RedRing

in the case of that thing i just typed out. i basikly just said that its a way of makeing the drop rate alough i know i didnt put much detail into it. i would have to put in the random chance of dropping in and the bace count of the rate in aswell.

if they were to delete an item in pso then all they have to do it delete that section of code and change the main function which would have all the items in it. for example

function main()
function Sange()
function TwinPsychogun()
function magicRockMoola()
function RedRing()

if they deleted the section of code and took out the part that says red ring above then its gone. it doesnt take long. its a lot longer to put the code into it.

so if they could take the code for 1 item out then y not the rest
if they just "hid" the item in the game itself then thats a lot more work. so u know. some1 must c what im sayin here

some1 who has the actuall code could do a better job than me. if i was to sit here for a while i could make a good example though

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fay on 2006-08-14 13:46 ]</font>

OneandtheSame
Aug 15, 2006, 11:39 AM
On 2006-08-14 13:44, fay wrote:
since i know a little bit about programing i can legitly say this. if they can get rid of 1 item like that but couldnt b botherd to do it with the red ring and flow. then thats ovi not true. they didnt delete it for a reason. ill explane below
if i have to make a stupid example thing of what the code could b like then below

u have ur variable names with the function followd by it with all the coding u need to activate the function in it.
say the function was called red ring. u could have it like this

function RedRing {
RedRing = "!".
if { RedRing >=0 Do 0++1}
else { RedRing == 0}
} // end funtion RedRing

in the case of that thing i just typed out. i basikly just said that its a way of makeing the drop rate alough i know i didnt put much detail into it. i would have to put in the random chance of dropping in and the bace count of the rate in aswell.

if they were to delete an item in pso then all they have to do it delete that section of code and change the main function which would have all the items in it. for example

function main()
function Sange()
function TwinPsychogun()
function magicRockMoola()
function RedRing()

if they deleted the section of code and took out the part that says red ring above then its gone. it doesnt take long. its a lot longer to put the code into it.

so if they could take the code for 1 item out then y not the rest
if they just "hid" the item in the game itself then thats a lot more work. so u know. some1 must c what im sayin here

some1 who has the actuall code could do a better job than me. if i was to sit here for a while i could make a good example though

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fay on 2006-08-14 13:46 ]</font>

I'm not quite sure what you just said, or even if you know what you are talking about...but if it's some kind of PGF theory, then the answer is no.

fay
Aug 15, 2006, 11:43 AM
actually in the sence it can and cannot have pso in it

to put it simple the gene and red ring aint able to b obtained due to the restiction on the code but it could b so easy to make them obtainable.
for example if i had the source code and was able to change it then i could make these itms gettable within half a minute

Feelmirath
Aug 15, 2006, 12:46 PM
Well ya, anyone can get one with an AR http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif
But that makes it hax.

Neith
Aug 15, 2006, 02:08 PM
Dark Weapons still fail anyway. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

May as well accept the fact that Red Ring will never be activated on console PSO, and only a small possibility of it being released on US BB http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Corey
Aug 15, 2006, 02:10 PM
On 2006-08-15 09:43, fay wrote:
actually in the sence it can and cannot have pso in it

to put it simple the gene and red ring aint able to b obtained due to the restiction on the code but it could b so easy to make them obtainable.
for example if i had the source code and was able to change it then i could make these itms gettable within half a minute

Sonic Team could of programmed it obtainable if they so desired on GC and Xbox before they put the game out.

There is no reason for it being unobtainable other then that ST was lazy. We already knew the item was unobtainable due to the games coding.

fay
Aug 15, 2006, 02:25 PM
yea i know about not bein able to get it ect im just tryin to show other people how easy it is to put the coding in and out of the game. to put it in takes a while but to take it out can b dont in seconds.

in this case the code is already in it as u have just said that the code tells u u cant get it. if u read that then its ovi there. so in this case im tryin to say that sega cant have been lasy about it. whats the point in bein lasy about something that wouldnt take any longer than half a minute to b serious. all u gotta do is delete the funtion that holds the red ring data. its simple.

surely u must c where im comming from

Feelmirath
Aug 15, 2006, 03:35 PM
The half a minute is too much for them to handle!
They probably deactivated it and forgot it was ever there.
Tons of unaccessible things are around in other games, like the many hidden levels in Mario bros. 3

fay
Aug 15, 2006, 03:43 PM
cant blame em if they 4got. when i was in college studyin the programing languages i learned the hard way that its easy to 4get.
the amount of time i had to go back and look though every character of code to find out what i missed.
in programing if u make 1 thing different in the slightest its completey different.

RedRing and Redring are completely different to the computer....ARGH.

anyway back to the point. iv got an itch tellin me that instead of deletein it they just "blanked" the code. so instead of erasing it they can just go back to it at a later time without having to put it in again.
in other words whagt im sayin is maby they done that coz they had planned to change it again at some point, weither it be a special event or just for good.

only i dont think sega cares about the game anymore due to the newer versions so they dont have time to fix this code back up

Lord_Kratos
Aug 15, 2006, 04:33 PM
ST is not cool in my book anymore. they lost major points for me. but on topic.......i think ST took the ring out cus its too strong or some crap like that and the Olga Gene sucks any ways so tbhats why that got taken out. theres my explanation anyone like it?

Corey
Aug 16, 2006, 07:19 PM
Okay, I don't know if english is your first language, but man, I had to read that post a few times. I do see where you're coming from, but you see, ST is just THAT lazy.

fay
Aug 17, 2006, 12:40 PM
lol sorry if that was confusing. my 1st language is enlish btw lol. its just sometimes i speak in confusing ways.

OneandtheSame
Aug 17, 2006, 08:34 PM
I have a question Fay...is your birthdate in your profile inaccurate? It seems unlikely that you have already been through college at the age of 18...Even if you went to a 2-year local college.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Animeloser on 2006-08-17 18:34 ]</font>

Rekitheforce
Aug 17, 2006, 08:37 PM
On 2006-08-17 18:34, Animeloser wrote:
I have a question Fay...is your birthdate in your profile inaccurate? It seems unlikely that you have already been through college at the age of 18...Even if you went to a 2-year local college.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Animeloser on 2006-08-17 18:34 ]</font>
Is this question not off topic?

OneandtheSame
Aug 17, 2006, 08:51 PM
On 2006-08-17 18:37, Rekitheforce wrote:

On 2006-08-17 18:34, Animeloser wrote:

Is this question not off topic?

Somewhat, yes. But he was talking about his knowledge of programming, and said he'd been through college. I just thought that was odd, especially considering that a college graduate would be expected to type more...accurately. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Corey
Aug 17, 2006, 09:05 PM
typing doesn't determine anything other then how lazy a person is (i guess) and no, nothing about your question contributes to this topic...
but then again I'm kind of wishing this topic would die now

OneandtheSame
Aug 17, 2006, 09:30 PM
On 2006-08-17 19:05, Corey wrote:
typing doesn't determine anything other then how lazy a person is (i guess) and no, nothing about your question contributes to this topic...
but then again I'm kind of wishing this topic would die now

Really, this topic has been dead for a long, long time. It's just and endless cycle of...

A- "I think [ridiculous idea]"
B- "ROFL GO KILLZ URSELF NOOBZORZ!!!!!"
A- *Turns on mom's SUV and sucks on exhaust pipe*

Well, maybe not EXACTLY like that.

Lord_Kratos
Aug 18, 2006, 12:33 PM
hmm well it is dead if the poster hasnt been here for 57 years!!!!!!!!!! o_o

fay
Aug 18, 2006, 12:56 PM
yes my birthdate is right. im comming up to 19 in a few months.

i havent got a degree or anythin in programming but iv done some programming b4. enough to know how it works and how to use it.
and yes when it comes to typeing online im bery lasy. i use like every shortend down word thought of etc :/

OneandtheSame
Aug 18, 2006, 08:09 PM
On 2006-08-18 10:56, fay wrote:
yes my birthdate is right. im comming up to 19 in a few months.

i havent got a degree or anythin in programming but iv done some programming b4. enough to know how it works and how to use it.
and yes when it comes to typeing online im bery lasy. i use like every shortend down word thought of etc :/

Ah, okay. Thanks for clearing that up. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif