PDA

View Full Version : Hunt Double Saber or wait for Kaladbolg for my FOnewm.

Your_MajestY
Jul 4, 2006, 04:40 PM
Hunting the DS and it TAKES AGES OMFG.
Already have a Kaladbolg (Need 340 ATP) in the Check Room, and my current ATP is 272 (I think).
Level 41 FOnewm.

What should I do?

Akulamenuri
Jul 4, 2006, 07:02 PM
I would just continue to look for the Double Saber for two reasons.

1. If you find the Double Saber, you are able to equip the weapon you wanted immediately
2. If you don't find it, youve probably gained so much experience looking for it that you can now equip the Kaladbolg.

Sounds like win-win to me.

On Very Hard mode, Double Saber has a 1/116 drop from Nano Dragon on Greenhill, Bluefull, Pinkal, Redria, and Yellowboze. If you are online and your FOnewm is neither one of these section IDs, finding someone who is shouldnt be too hard.

Sidenote: A low level melee FOnewm, should be a challenging character to play with.

TwinBlade
Jul 4, 2006, 07:23 PM
In my opinion i wouldn't really look to hard for the double saber because the Kaladbolg is better and it is worth the wait. Oh yeah and since you are a 41 FoNewm i don't know if you should be fighting up close like Akulamenuri said you may want to stick to Force weapons.

TheyCallMeJoe
Jul 4, 2006, 11:20 PM
Double Saber can drop from Barba Ray on Hard for all Section IDs. Being a FOnewm, spamming Rafoie till it dies shouldn't be too much trouble.

xxTrystanxx
Jul 5, 2006, 01:02 AM
I have a low level melee FOmar and I run into a lot of trouble after a while. However, I do think you should go after the Double Saber from Barba Ray. Heck, I'd even keep trying until you get one with hit. Why? TP-stealing. Not to mention, 6 hits instead of 3 is always a good thing.

Cresar
Jul 5, 2006, 02:14 AM
i think that fonewm is a better char for melee for stadistic reasons... they have a better hp than fomars, you can do a melee mag for fonewm and moreover with fomars you die very easily by his low hp and def if you try to play mellee

Your_MajestY
Jul 5, 2006, 04:08 AM
K, thanks all. =)
A little more info:
- He's a Purplenum (please don't comment, I hate all this ALL FORCES SHOULD BE PINKAL-shit)
- I'm hunting the DS from Barba Ray.
- Unsure of Kaladbolgs N/A.b/M/D/Hit.

And please don't bring in this "a FOnewm shouldn't be meeleing" cuz, that isn't what the topic is about.
I have a perfectly fine mag 10/90/10/90 and I'm a Tech/Melee FO. Know it sounds weird, but It works.

Trystan: Yes the idea of getting the DS is of course the TP-stealing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
TheyCallMeJoe: No it isn't hard to kill Hard Barba Ray with a FOnewm's Rafoie, but thanks for sharing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Akulamenuri: Challenging, but interesting. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Again thank you all for helping me, but i'm not quite sure what to do yet.

Btw Cresar: Welcome to PSOW. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Your_MajestY on 2006-07-05 02:09 ]</font>

Zarbolord
Jul 5, 2006, 06:27 AM
Hunt it, the first one I got (Redria FOnewearl, also Barba Ray) was second time round with 40 more ATA than the second I got and 45% hit. Good luck in finding something like that.

PSOPRINCE
Jul 5, 2006, 12:31 PM
i say ds because it has more combos and with a drop rate of 122 whos to argue? plus if yuor on vhard then go for yamato duh

xxTrystanxx
Jul 5, 2006, 12:44 PM
A FOnewm can't equip Yamato, so hunting one for his 'newm is pointless.

TheyCallMeJoe
Jul 5, 2006, 12:53 PM
TheyCallMeJoe: No it isn't hard to kill Hard Barba Ray with a FOnewm's Rafoie, but thanks for sharing.

Lol I think I've just been called out...

But actually I understand your melee/tech FOnewm...because right now mine is only techs and I can see trouble arising from that as difficulty progresses. Mainly bosses (Dark Falz and Vol Opt v2 in particular), and swarms of monsters that all have different elemental weaknesses.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 5, 2006, 01:12 PM
I say look for the Double Saber for the same reason PSOPRINCE said, except for the Yamato thing since he can't use it.

PSOPRINCE
Jul 5, 2006, 02:13 PM
oh yeah sorry 4got e was a fo

Muzuki
Jul 5, 2006, 02:23 PM
oh and ur mag is 10/90/0/90...so its incomplete? 10+90+90=190 right?

PSOPRINCE
Jul 5, 2006, 02:39 PM
add another 10 on the pow, thatll help the most i think

Your_MajestY
Jul 5, 2006, 03:32 PM
Mean 10 in Dex. =)

Zarbolord
Jul 30, 2006, 05:47 AM
But actually I understand your melee/tech FOnewm...because right now mine is only techs and I can see trouble arising from that as difficulty progresses. Mainly bosses (Dark Falz and Vol Opt v2 in particular), and swarms of monsters that all have different elemental weaknesses.

You have trouble with a pure tech? That's kinda... *hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a*
No, wait. A FOnewm is pretty powerful, I agree that his meleeing capacities aren't as good as a FOmar, but still the techs are better. If you're stuck on Vol Opt v2 keep a cure freeze and a cure shock on, and cast gizonde on the screens + rafoie on the turrets, that really hurts the AI and finally Rabarta or Barta on the second part. Plus for Dark Falz, it's easier if you're a FOrce because your damage will always touch (ofcourse you need to boost your HP to max due to certain attacks that I won't mention).

Finally, yes a doulbe saber is worth getting, although you need really high ATA for the special, which isn't really the case for newmen. I'd suggest you get your hands on a Talis, same effect but you have range. If you can, then get a Mahu, same but better.

The-King
Jul 30, 2006, 03:59 PM
His mag is 10/90/10/90 not 10/90/0/90, Muzuki